SASS Wire Forum

Kinda of depressed tonight

Thinking of the good friends that were lost in the last year, some of the good things that are gone

and disappointments from the last 12 months.

Of course there are a lot of things that need to be celebrated. My new Great Grand baby, Ellie. What a treasure she is. Momma had some close calls but she is still with me. Getting my walking papers from the Doctor last week. All my good friends here in the Saloon.

Wishing you all a very Happy and Prosperous 2013.

May God shined His blessings down on you and yours.

Badger, just remember the good things you're friends and you did.

That's the best way to honor their memory.

Happy New Year and may my Lord richly bless you !

Badger,

What good would this old world be without good friend like you.

God bless.

CC

I'm hoping to get up to the Pacific North Wet and sit on the porch with ya and drink a BEER. If that happens it'll be a good year. Just sayin'

Jake

Thank you Kris. Just want you and Uno to know that I will be doing some of my best talking to the Trail Boss for you and the others that have asked for prayers.

Thank you much, BMC. We appreciate it. You and yours are in my devotions as well.

Badger, I done my fair share of being concerned about the coming year, but tonight at church was reminded that someone else besides me is in control. That don't mean I shouldn't do what I can, but it means that He'll be there to help me through no matter what the year brings.

May the good Lord bless you and yours in the coming year.

Grizz

I'm hoping to get up to the Pacific North Wet and sit on the porch with ya and drink a BEER. If that happens it'll be a good year. Just sayin'

Jake

Anytime Jake, but I suggest you come in the summer. The rain is warmer and the umbrella on the deck doesn't go up until the middle of July. It comes down the first of October or the first autumn rain.

But the beer is always cold. :) I'll even save some of my best lies.. er stories to tell ya too. :lol:

Thisn's for you pard.

Once more he sat and gazed upon the dancing flames that warmed the camp

Another year gone by, another good friend lost

So many trails and sunsets his old eyes had seen

He pulled the blanket closer to ward against the late night frost

He watched the distant lights of town where happy people sang the new year in

And wondered if their thoughts might also turn

To times that faded now into the mountain mist

Times that warmed his heart but made his old eyes burn

Or did they look off to the east where prairie dawn begins to break

And only dream of times and friends to come?

If so they would not be complete

For you must search your soul and remember where you're from

He lay own on the buffalo robe and put one last log upon the fire

Gathered close his saddlebags and rope

And as he drifted off to sleep he smiled at memories so dear

That instead of sadness his heart was filled with hope

Thanks Bob. That helps a lot. Got a lot to be thankful for. Some real great memories and some even greater friends.

Grizz, you are correct as usual. He is holding the reins. I am just along for the ride and to help clear the trail when it gets broken.

Badger,

This has been a difficult year for me. Health issues and the closing of my business have taken a toll on my ability to stay positive. With the ineffective leadership in DC and the horrible evil things people do to each other I have had to dig deep in my faith to find solace. It is the only constant in my life. I thank all my pards here for the encouraging words they have sent my way and for the humor that keeps me smiling. I'm looking for a better 2013,finding a new career and getting back to shooting with my pards.

Big Jake, if you make it up here, would love to share a brew or two with you and share some of the early times of SASS with you.

A big thank you to Utah Bob for the inspiration, beautiful pictures and thoughtful posts (OK, and many funny ones).

Happy New Year to All.

Yep, seems like more than a few of us had years that were more pyrite than gold.

Its good to know that we can always depend on each other. Y'all take care and God Bless.

Happy New Year BMC and all my wire friends.

BMC, life is always gonna have its ups and downs, happens to us all. Good friends can make the downs a little easier, you know you can always turn to us if ya need to! We may not be able to do anything to change what's happening, but there's always a shoulder to cry on or an ear willing to listen for ya in the Saloon! Plus ifn ya really need it, you can always drink all ya want on Okie's tab.... ;)

May 2013 be a good one for you and Mrs. BMC!!

I'm always on the tail end of posts like this and sometimes have to struggle for words. Badger,we're your pards and here to help with heavy loads on the mind and heart. Bad as it seems often the best is in front of us and not behind.

Good luck pard!

Dang UB, that may be your best yet!

BADGER!! You are one of the treasures I hold happily in my collection of good things.

It has been a tough year. Most of them are, but we survive and "Endeavor to perservere!"

Happy new year, pard!

Well, I have to say, a good night's sleep, a couple of knuckles of Mac helped that, and another day and another year, make me feel a lot better. Looking at the situation, I got good family, and I got good friends.

What more does a person need. Thanks to you all for your friendship and for caring.

You people are the best.

Well, I have to say, a good night's sleep, a couple of knuckles of Mac helped that, and another day and another year, make me feel a lot better. Looking at the situation, I got good family, and I got good friends.

What more does a person need. Thanks to you all for your friendship and for caring.

You people are the best.

Money, a full gun safe, and a shed full of ammo.

And a well stocked liquor cabinet.

I guess that's about it. ;)

Well, I am running a little shy on the money part, but I got some.

Check and check on the other two.

Yeah, life is good.

Them Zombies in the front yard ain't moved yet, tho. Oh wait, them is lawn statues. Speaking of statues, anybody ever had lunch at Nick's in Yorktown, Va.? They got statues. :rolleyes:

I'll bet there are a few old salts in here that have.

Yup, remember your friends who have passed, but don't let it get you down..They wouldn't want that..Just look around at all the good things in your life, and Grandyounguns are the best! Really the bottom line is family, and when your family is OK, then everything else is just trimmings.. ;)

2012 was a depressing year nationally, but for me personally it was a purty darn good year!

Archived