SASS Wire Forum

Free Entry to EOT

T-Bone SASS #36388

When I got home from Winter Range, I opened the mail box and recieved a Free Entry to EOT, [[[from SASS]]]to be given away to a lucky shooter at our Range... What a Great Deal..--Shoot it all package-- main match, side match and warm up match... Did every Range get this coupon????? WOW !!!!if so it looks like EOT will be very large shoot this year. This is a great idea to help everyone to include the shooters,vendors and spectators who visit the Ranch. We are giving our free shoot away to a lucky Range member next month at the March shoot.. See Y'all on the Range or in The Badlands of Texas. T-Bone

When I got home from Winter Range, I opened the mail box and recieved a Free Entry to EOT, [[[from SASS]]]to be given away to a lucky shooter at our Range... What a Great Deal..--Shoot it all package-- main match, side match and warm up match... Did every Range get this coupon????? WOW !!!!if so it looks like EOT will be very large shoot this year. This is a great idea to help everyone to include the shooters,vendors and spectators who visit the Ranch. We are giving our free shoot away to a lucky Range member next month at the March shoot.. See Y'all on the Range or in The Badlands of Texas. T-Bone

Howdy,

Colorado cowboys got one also, will be doing a raffle this March shoot.

KK

We got one. Don't have it in front of me, but I think it was a "buy one get one free" coupon. Great deal for a husband/wife or parent/child. I think every SASS club listed in the back of the Chronicle got one.

Yup. Buy one, get one. The Ozark Posse got theirs.

I think the Secretary should get it or maybe the President.

Naw, we'll just put the names of those that might use it in a hat and draw a lucky winner.

Jackson Hole Regulators received one also!!! Not sure if we will have any other shooters from here attending EOT, but it will be put to good use for sure by someone. Thanks SASS and the Wild Bunch, what a way to step up.

Slick McClade & The Jackson Hole Regulators

I love it .

really pleased with the direction SASS is heading right now.

MOSE

Mose I would like to give big kudo's to you for this, I think SASS is learning from what you guys are doing with the US Open this year! You and T-Bone have really been putting the spotlight on the VIP's (the shooters). And I think SASS has taken note and is following your lead. Great News!!!!

I love it .

really pleased with the direction SASS is heading right now.

MOSE

They do seem to be becoming more "User Friendly" don't they.

It's actually pretty smart marketing. If you get them there once, hopefully they will come back in years to come.

Good Job SASS. There will be a drawing for the free shoot at Cherokee at the March match.

Seems to me that it would be better to lower the entry fee for 'all' shooters, rather than the lucky few get a price break while the herd has to pay full entry fee price.

Someone has to make up the cash flow for the freebies.

I haven't got a dog in this fight.

Just saying,

Blastmaster

Seems to me that it would be better to lower the entry fee for 'all' shooters, rather than the lucky few get a price break while the herd has to pay full entry fee price.

Just saying,

Blastmaster

I kind of like this way.

Then clubs can use it to make some money, by the raffles or how ever they want to do it.

So really helping the heart of SASS. Being Local clubs.

The extra person will end up spending money while there. And letting them

shoot really is not costing them that much anyway. And they get the one paid

that they might not have gotten also.

I say. Great job.

Just saying,

Blastmaster

I may be on the other side of the water but I reckon' Blastmaster nailed it. !!! [ IMHO ]

Regards 'Painted Mohawk

If your a few bucks shy of the entry fee and would love to go to EOT, I'm sure one of your buds will pitch in and help make the trip of a lifetime for Ya!!??!! I like the idea and will be giving our coupon to a lucky range member of the Bar 3 Ranch.......at the March shoot.... In my humble opinion I do not think the price of a shoot will keep You from going to the shoots that You would like to attend... Sometimes when the match is free----you just don't want to go!!!!!! because of ?????? who cares --Just because. Thanks to the SASS office for a great idea....T-Bone

Price of the match is not a deciding factor for us when fuel ammo and other such is the big expense any way.(that topic was beat up on another thread a few months back)

The simple fact is "WAS IT WORTH THE PRICE OF ADMISSION " I think this year EOT will be worth the price for sure.

I think this is a chance for some one to take a friend or spouse to the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP that may not have went otherwise.

LET PARTY LIKE ITS 1999 at EOT

MOSE

They see what Sparta Ill. has done with the US OPEN and do not wont to be outdone, they wont to keep EOT the biggest shoot of them all if possible.

But I agree it well help the the clubs raise money for them

This just proves the old adage "you can't please all the people all the time". Give away free entries and somebody will still gripe?!? Geeeez!

Thank you EOT executives for this GREAT idea!!! Along with the other changes this has the potential to be an excellent world championship match. I am looking forward to it more than ever.

Possum

Yup. Buy one, get one. The Ozark Posse got theirs.

I think the Secretary should get it or maybe the President.

Naw, we'll just put the names of those that might use it in a hat and draw a lucky winner.

That make three clubs I'm a member of that got one. I'm guessing every SASS registered club got one. Guess they took a page out of the US Opens book. COWS will have a drawing at our 2012 inaugural match this month and give it away.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

I contacted the SASS office about this, and their reply was:

The individual clubs are free to do with them as they please. Perhaps there's a deserving member that can't afford all the expenses to go? It can be raffled off, given away, awarded, or put in a drawing. It's up to the club.

For what it's worth, I think the free entry should be GIVEN away, not raffled or sold. It was GIVEN to the club to promote EOT, not raise money for local clubs.

+++++++++1 raffle for free to a known memeber or members who will use it so we can get maximum turn out at EOT

KK

Like some of the others. Would really be a shame to see one go to waste.

So hope each club makes sure that who ever gets it. Uses it. Or gives it to someone

that they KNOW is going to.

Lets make EOT one of the biggest ever.

And come to think of it. I am a member of 5 clubs. :rolleyes::o:ph34r:

Yea Yea Yea !!!!!! I sure like the idea of a club raffle then take that money and buy a Fuel card at Wal Mart or a Visa gift card. Now thats a vacation.....Down here in Texas we would go by the Piggly Wiggly buy some day old bread and stop on the side of the road for a picnic on the way to EOT.

A "free shoot" is only a piece of the puzzle. I'd be willing to bet most of the free shoot passes will go to folks that are already going to EOT and this will have very little to add to the census. As Kiowa Kid said on another post, there is a trifecta in June. Colorado State Match, Hell on Wheels Regional, and then EOT all in the same month. As long as the WB continues to cater to the retired SASS will not grow, especially EOT. Who's boss is going to let them off work for that much time in one month. EOT is close for me, only 600 miles.

I could make it if it were any other month except June. I don't mind paying the fees.

LL' :FlagAm:

Archived