SASS Wire Forum

So mad I could just spit!

Complicated Lady

They are building a new campus. I was told at the beginning of the year that the technology position at the new school was mine.

Found out Friday afternoon that I may not get the job I want .....and totally expected to get.... because my current principal wants to keep me.

I have worked my heiny off to build my reputation in the district....and to learn as much as I can about the technology aspect of my job.

Only to be told that I have been assigned to my current campus for next year. When I asked why, I was told, "because we let the principals have a whole lot of input and she really wanted to keep you...you were her first choice"

So by being so pleasant to work with and such a hard worker.... I basicly shot myself in the foot.

Did I mention that I have no respect for my current principal? Can bearly stand to be in the same room with her?

Of course she has no idea how I feel about her.

She may be about to find out!

I have asked the technology department to see what they can do. They want me at the larger, newer campus. If I don't get the answer I want by the end of next week I may be looking for another job.

Anyone need a very pleasant secretary that knows her way around a computer?

At the very least, would someone please buy me a drink?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa! Hell hath no fury....... :rolleyes::huh::blush:

You said it!

I am a sweet pleasant lady.....I can put up with a lot

but I've let her bully me for 6 years and I've just put up with it ....with a smile.

No more!!!!

She hates it when the kids hug me. She expects them to be little soldiers that stand in a straight line and never speak.

They are 6 - 9 year olds!

Some of those kids never get hugs at home.

I am going to hug every kid that need a hug tomorrow

and just dare her to say something

Just be happy that ya have a job, lots aren't that lucky.

That's exactly what my boss said to me, when I mentioned the irony of being paid well below scale, while everyone in the company except my co-worker and I received a sizeable "Cost of Living Increase," AND at the same time we were given more responsibilities, tighter deadlines, and even delegated some of his work.

Not that we don't all have feelings for those unfortunate not to have jobs, but those are still cheap words, Jack... <_<

Two extra for C.L. of whatever she's havin'!!

Whatever hugs those kids get from you are money in the bank. You'll be remembered long after the principal is forgotten!

Schoolmarm gets hugs from students she taught twenty five years ago "in front of God and everybody" all the time. She smiles alot!!

Dear Complicated,

If you have decided that quitting is an option, that gives you the upper hand. I don't know what you should do with it; but, it's yours. :unsure: You now know how much she values you. So, maybe she will not be able to bully you anymore. Hope so.

I hope everything turns out as you would like it to be.

:wub:

Allie

CL, this probably won't help much, but I hope it'll at least bring a small smile...

"Stay strong... Peace!" ^_^

It is a shame that you cant put on your sexy purple dress, your guns and your shotgun and then talk to her.Good luck this week CL.You know I will be saying A BIG ONE for all to come out the way you want it.

They are building a new campus. I was told at the beginning of the year that the technology position at the new school was mine.

Found out Friday afternoon that I may not get the job I want .....and totally expected to get.... because my current principal wants to keep me.

I have worked my heiny off to build my reputation in the district....and to learn as much as I can about the technology aspect of my job.

Only to be told that I have been assigned to my current campus for next year. When I asked why, I was told, "because we let the principals have a whole lot of input and she really wanted to keep you...you were her first choice"

So by being so pleasant to work with and such a hard worker.... I basicly shot myself in the foot.

Did I mention that I have no respect for my current principal? Can bearly stand to be in the same room with her?

Of course she has no idea how I feel about her.

She may be about to find out!

I have asked the technology department to see what they can do. They want me at the larger, newer campus. If I don't get the answer I want by the end of next week I may be looking for another job.

Anyone need a very pleasant secretary that knows her way around a computer?

At the very least, would someone please buy me a drink?

Have a double on me.

I understand as I am looking right now and working a temp job again. They laid me off from the temp job at the end of Jan and then brought me back three weeks later for 2/3 of what I was getting in Jan. I had to take it as they would have got my unemployment cancelled as they offered me work. I had an interview today, one last Friday and I have one on Thursday. One way or another I will get a good job. I hope it is sooner than later.

Sorry CL, new to this forum, but you need to put the shoe on the other foot and go for her job! It appears she is selfish, narrow minded and very insecure. You have the get and go to get it done. It might be easier that you think! Remember, if your going to be a bear be a grizzly!

I understand the situation, from the supervisors point of view. I'm guilty of doing the same thing, wanting to keep good productive team members. We get the job done and it makes the whole team look good. OTOH, you're my favorite blonde, walk into his office, jump up on his desk and tell him to "do the right thing".

That's exactly what my boss said to me, when I mentioned the irony of being paid well below scale, while everyone in the company except my co-worker and I received a sizeable "Cost of Living Increase," AND at the same time we were given more responsibilities, tighter deadlines, and even delegated some of his work.

Not that we don't all have feelings for those unfortunate not to have jobs, but those are still cheap words, Jack... <_<

Thank you for saying that before I could.

I heard the exact same thing from her today when she was trying to bully me into accepting more and more responsibility.

Yes, I am glad to have a job....but I have put up with a whole lot with the expectation of being rewarded for my hard work eventually

I understand the situation, from the supervisors point of view. I'm guilty of doing the same thing, wanting to keep good productive team members. We get the job done and it makes the whole team look good. OTOH, you're my favorite blonde, walk into his office, jump up on his desk and tell him to "do the right thing".

not a "him"

a horrible, mean, inconsistent, insecure woman who knows she should not be in the postition she is in and is absolutely paranoid that someone will figure it out

... she lies to parents, lies to her staff.... on a daily basis

If you saw the lack of compassion she has for the children you would hate her too.

Fortunately I work with some wonderful ladies that want to teach and want to do what is best for the kids.

We do a good job inspite of our principal. We encourage each other. My coworkers are angry for me.

They know how hard I've worked.

Thanks friends for letting me vent.

I don't get that upset often.

I'm going to be fine. One way or another I will be away from her in 3 months.

Come on CL, we want a good old eye scratching, hair pullin' cat fight. ;) Then you can come down our way and have a grilled steak and Bordeaux wine. :) I can hardly wait to get to Texas.

I don't want to fight with her, I just want her to stop screwing with my life.... basicly cancelling out what I have worked hard to build.

When you get to Texas.... you are gonna love the Bar 3

Two extra for C.L. of whatever she's havin'!!

Whatever hugs those kids get from you are money in the bank. You'll be remembered long after the principal is forgotten!

Schoolmarm gets hugs from students she taught twenty five years ago "in front of God and everybody" all the time. She smiles alot!!

You are correct. THAT is why I keep going back.

I have a sign in my classroom...

"They may forget what you said but they will never forget how you made them feel"

Give Schoolmarm a hug from me....and thank her for loving the kids.

CL, this probably won't help much, but I hope it'll at least bring a small smile...

"Stay strong... Peace!" ^_^

Oh my goodness! That is perfect!

I will share that with some of my coworkers.

They won't be able to view it at school because YouTube is blocked but they can see it when they get home.

Thank you!

I don't want to fight with her, I just want her to stop screwing with my life.... basicly cancelling out what I have worked hard to build.

When you get to Texas.... you are gonna love the Bar 3

I'm just jerking your chain, gal. ;) Does your hubbie shoot as well? Alias?

I'm just jerking your chain, gal. ;) Does your hubbie shoot as well? Alias?

Yep

His alias is Petticoat Chaser

My daughter is Magnolia Blossom

CL, I can second what you say about those hugs. I wasn't a teacher, I was basically a bus monitor working with DD kids. I had a routine with them, and if I got side tracked some would actually remind me that I didn't finish the routine. Even the one that bit me :rolleyes::wacko:

i've even had kids ask about me with their parents. I treated them like regular people. A do-gooder did me in, cost me my job, and two years of arbitration because those kids loved me. I won, but still didn't have a job. I miss'em, had a fellow worker go to bat for me, plus a parent. That blew'em out of the water, wish I had an 8x10 of the faces across the table when they found out who she was. The do-gooder really showed his colors at the arbitration, seems he had a vendetta for some reason. Guess he didn't like the cut of my jib. Happens a lot in the DD field, people use the rules to get even with someone they don't like. Never even had words with the guy. Still have no idea why. :wacko:<_<:ph34r::blush:

Seen it happen with close friends before. There's a ;lot of ridiculous goings on in the administrative side of the educational system in this country. :angry: :angry:

I'm afraid all I can offer is a shoulder to cry on and some 94 proof Makers Mark 46.

I cracked the bottle when Justified came on this evening.

Still have some Keeblers E.L. Fudge cookies left too. They go well with bourbon. ;)

Sounds like your principal is one of those types who's barely competent but has risen to her position by knowing how to play the game and which asses to kiss along the way. She gets by through hiring people who know what they're doing, somebody like you CL. Then they feel threatened because they're afraid of being exposed for the fraud they are. So, they hang on to their shield but secretly resent the fact that their employee is smarter, so they make your life miserable.

Tell her KMA and move on. You're too good a person to have to put up with her BS.

Sounds like your principal is one of those types who's barely competent but has risen to her position by knowing how to play the game and which asses to kiss along the way. She gets by through hiring people who know what they're doing, somebody like you CL. Then they feel threatened because they're afraid of being exposed for the fraud they are. So, they hang on to their shield but secretly resent the fact that their employee is smarter, so they make your life miserable.

Tell her KMA and move on. You're too good a person to have to put up with her BS.

Thank you

If the kids and my hard working coworkers didn't need me I would have walked away years ago

I needed to read this first thing this morning.

You seem to know EXACTLY who she is.

Sounds like you've met her before...

Archived