Complicated Lady

I intend to smile and HUG all day.

That will piss her off big time.

:->

Bullies can't stand for their victims to be happy

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hug accepted, CL. As you can tell, it still sticks in my craw.

As of now, I'm still a house husband. At my age finding a suitable employment with current economics isn't happening. Might have a chance at being the janitor at church( small church), we'll have to see how that plays out :blush:

They are building a new campus. I was told at the beginning of the year that the technology position at the new school was mine.

Found out Friday afternoon that I may not get the job I want .....and totally expected to get.... because my current principal wants to keep me.

I am sorry you didn't get the postition however consider this.

When I was younger and bucking for promotions I had a supervisor tell me "Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it." I also learned through bitter experience that jobs that look good on the outside often suck after you get it. And typically these jobs are hard to get out of.

The good Lord is probably trying to tell you something. A new job in a new position at a new school sounds challenging and could be full of politics. I suggest you roll with the flow and you might be surprised what opens up. :)

How do you KNOW she is blocking your transfer? Personal feelings aside have you tried to talk to her about your goals and this situation? If you havn't talked to her I would not be that all that angry with her (yet!). The real world job market sucks. I worked a very high stress job for many years without a merit raise while more and more work was dumped on me. :angry: But I stayed with it because I was working towards a goal of early retirementt.

I am sorry you didn't get the postition however consider this.

When I was younger and bucking for promotions I had a supervisor tell me "Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it." I also learned through bitter experience that jobs that look good on the outside often suck after you get it. And typically these jobs are hard to get out of.

The good Lord is probably trying to tell you something. A new job in a new position at a new school sounds challenging and could be full of politics. I suggest you roll with the flow and you might be surprised what opens up. :)

How do you KNOW she is blocking your transfer? Personal feelings aside have you tried to talk to her about your goals and this situation? If you havn't talked to her I would not be that all that angry with her (yet!). The real world job market sucks. I worked a very high stress job for many years with a merit raise while more and more work was dumped on me. :angry: But I stayed with it because I was working towards a goal of early retirementt.

I know for a fact that her wanting to keep me in my current position is the reason I didn't get moved to the other campus.

I talked to her yesterday. I explained to her that I have been working hard to learn all I can about the technology aspect of my job so that I could go to the other campus.

She got HATEFUL. I caught her in at least 3 lies. Lying seems to come easy to her.

They can move me to ANY other campus and I will continue to do a good job. I just can't take her daily abuse anymore.

I know the Lord is looking out for me.

I am staying in constant conversation with HIM. Asking Him to guide me.

He will take care of me... even if I can't see it yet.

CL sometimes knowing what you do gives a strange amount of freedom, if not peace of mind, so use it to your advantage and dont be afraid to be happy by accident. Went through a kind of similar situation several years ago. We got a new boss who was looking for "yes men" and was deathly afraid of anyone who had education/experience eqaul to or greater than his own. Three of us couldnt work with the guy and pulled the pin leaving or retiring. How far off level the guy was came through to me when I handed him a resignation and he told me if I didnt report for work on a date AFTER the resignation was effective he'd fire me. Huh?

Network with the folks in your system and move on as quickly as possible, remembering the old saying that the best time to find a job is when you've already got one.

Carefully document her lies and abuse. Build a case against her and use it when the time is right.

I know right now it is little comfort but when you get to Copperhead Joe's shoot this summer tell him to pour you a BIG lemonade from the Noz.

I have a special ed teaching daughter that is going thru the same crap. Her current operating theory is that she was looking for a job when she found this one.

CL...ALL your doing now is making "her" look good! Plus she is get'n just what she wants at the cost of YOU. AND she knows it :excl:

Bet she wouldn't hold her job long after you leave.

You should at this point, "go over her head". The job has already left you.......Now you may have to leave the job ;)

Respectfully,

LG

CL I will spit with you if you want! I totally understand thinking your about to get a really cool opportunity only to have the rug pulled out from you. I wanted to swear (which I did) a lot!! but like everyone has told me here on the wire and elsewhere things happen for a reason and something perfect will come along your way. Just hold your head up high and be the better person!

Very good advice from everyone. I have read everything everyone had to say.

I will admit I am a bit misty eyed.

I hesitated to put this on the wire...even in the Saloon, because I thought "this is too personal, nobody cares, it has nothing to do with shooting"

I am so glad that I put it out there. The SASS saloon is like my "Cheers"

I feel like I can walk in and be among friends.....

smart cowboys and cowgirls that give good advice or at the very least will get mad on my behalf

Sometimes we just need to vent.

The situation is far from being resolved.

I have been hearing from some of my coworkers that they may not be back next year either....directly because of our principal's treatment of all of us. Maybe administration will take notice if a bunch of us refuse to work for her.

Have I mentioned that she makes grown women cry everyday? It's constant.... no matter how we handle a situation it's not what she wanted. What she wants us to do changes every few minutes.

I have been told that the administration is aware of the situation....how incompetent she is... my next question was "then why is she still in that position of authority?" I was told they are waiting for her to do something so big that they can fire her without a lawsuit.

In the mean time everyone who works for her and all of the students suffer.

I have smiled and hugged kids and coworkers all morning. Everytime she told me to do something I smiled and said "yes, mam"

Just like I always do. I will continue to do a good job no matter what she does. My conscience will be clear.

But when I'm done.... I'm done

I have friends that will spit with me

that is making me smile

Take you and your friends, go to a "higher-up" in group, and file a complaint for "hostile workplace".

You will then know also who your real friends are at your work......

Respectfully,

LG

Carefully document her lies and abuse. Build a case against her and use it when the time is right.

+1. There are a lot of lawsuits dealing with a 'hostile workplace'.

I am a little late to this party, but I was going to tell you the same thing as these 2 guys document everything. My wife is going throw something similar with a coworker of hers and I told her to DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!

Take you and your friends, go to a "higher-up" in group, and file a complaint for "hostile workplace".

You will then know also who your real friends are at your work......

Respectfully,

LG

As much as it pains me to say this, Lumpy and are thinking exactly alike. I was just coming in here to ask if there was any way your co-workers could band together to approach the administration and explain the situation to them including documentation of her lies. At some point they'll need to realize they have to choose between the good (You) and the bad (Her).

I am sorry to disagree but in the real world "hostile work " compliants go nowhere and only pisses off management more than they already are. The role of Human Resources is to protect the company no matter what. It has been my experience that neither the complaint and the accused are happy with the finale outcome and you are still going to have to work for the same boss.

Consider this;

Are you paid enough for what you do? Be honest with yourself. For your education and job how does your pay stack up? I know you said you feel like you are getting dumped on but what about the employees? Employees have a hard time saying no to the boss. I would document via email to your boss what she currently has you working on and what she wants you to stop working on to do your new task.

Are you getting good reviews and pay raises?

What do you find rewarding in your current job? Lots of hugs and teaching children sounds very rewarding to you.

These are things other you can answer.

Finally what is the job market in your area? We all know the economy sucks so sticking it out for another 2 or 3 years may present you with new opportunties.

My condolences to you. I, too, taught in Texas. I was in elementary school for 20 years, long enough to have the children of some of my earlier students.

A new superintendant came on board who did not want any disciplinary reports to reach his office. A misbehaving student had to be sent to at least 3 different clasrooms in one day,and act up in each, before he/she could be written up for an office visit. The principals had to comply or they would be removed. Since I left, there have been 3 cafeteria riots in high schools that have had the police called in.

It didn't affect me too much at first because my classes were gifted and talented math and then computer lab. Funding for the special classes was cut and I was moved back to a regular classroom. By this time the students had lost all fear and respect for the teachers and principal. I dreaded gong to school each morning. Luckily. I had enough time in to retire. I turned in my resignation after the first 9 weeks, but stayed the year.

I got a job selling guns. The way I looked at it, I was still in education. This time, my students really wanted to learn what I was teaching them.

Good luck. I hope you can work things out to your satisfaction.

Well, I guess I'm a bit late for this "party," but I guess I'll chime in anyway.....ain't never stopped me before. :)

Several of the comments are worth pointing out, IMHO:

1. Your principal has made it to the top by knowing how to play the game and surrounding herself with people who make her look good.

2. You were looking for a job when you found this one.

3. Document the lies so as to be utilized, if necessary, at a later date.

AND

4. Enemies can be killed with kindness.

I guess, if it were me, I'd have to make some hard decisions based upon my own set of circumstances. I've always lived by the "I was looking for a job when I found this one" theme. If I could find other employment, I'd probably look for it. Because, and this will bear out in a minute, I never bluff. Ever. If I proclaim I am going to take a certain action, then I'm fully prepared to do so.

So, if I had the means to acquire other employment, then I would have a formal discussion with the adiministrators over the principal. I'm not sure if this would be the Superintendent or someone else, but that's where I'd go. I would outline the lies (remember, you documented this stuff? :) ), I'd point out the work I'd done to move to the new campus, I'd point out that I would rather seek employment elsewhere rather than remain under the direct supervision of such a person. In effect, use me (at the new campus) or lose me.

If this is too drastic a measure to consider, then you need to look deep inside yourself and make sure that you can "take it" with her for another year. Can you go to work, do that above-and-beyond work you've done with those kids while working under her? Can you put on your thick skin and continue to make her look good? That's something only you can decide.

You're a smart lady. You'll figure it out. Until then, you've got a bunch of pretty good cowboys and cowgirls here in the Saloon who'll listen to you vent when you need to.

Good Luck Cowgirl and God Bless!

Chick

I am sorry to disagree but in the real world "hostile work " compliants go nowhere and only pisses off management more than they already are. The role of Human Resources is to protect the company no matter what. It has been my experience that neither the complaint and the accused are happy with the finale outcome and you are still going to have to work for the same boss.

Consider this;

Are you paid enough for what you do? Be honest with yourself. For your education and job how does your pay stack up? I know you said you feel like you are getting dumped on but what about the employees? Employees have a hard time saying no to the boss. I would document via email to your boss what she currently has you working on and what she wants you to stop working on to do your new task.

Are you getting good reviews and pay raises?

What do you find rewarding in your current job? Lots of hugs and teaching children sounds very rewarding to you.

These are things other you can answer.

Finally what is the job mmarket in your area? We all know the economy sucks so sticking it out for another 2 or 3 years may present you with new opportunties.

Again, you are DEAD WRONG!......I rec'd a healthy(out of court)settlement in my case. So have MANY, MANY others across this country. Todays word....RESEARCH ;)

LG

Ellie Mae was in a like situation (however she was able to move to one of them modular class rooms).

She almost got fired twice for flunking (english) a couple of honor students!!!

Took it for 35 years;and when she 'pulled the pin' she could hear a big cheer from the principle's's office all the way accross the parking lot!

Her students still;when they see her thank her for being such a good teacher.

Good luck to ya girl B)

I got an email this afternoon from one of the guys in the technology department telling me that the head of the tech department when to the Director of Elementary Education on my behalf today.

He doesn't know if he has any "pull" about the situation.... but at least I know those guys appreciate me enough to speak up.

My principal asked me to train our secretary to do a bunch of my jobs....including our campus webpage.

She knows I won't be back next year.

Again, you are DEAD WRONG!......I rec'd a healthy(out of court)settlement in my case. So have MANY, MANY others across this country. Todays word....RESEARCH ;)

LG

No it is just a different world outside of California. Kansas is a right to work state meaning a employer can fire a employee at any time without cause. I'm glad you were able to beat the system.

No it is just a different world outside of California. Kansas is a right to work state meaning a employer can fire a employee at any time without cause. I'm glad you were able to beat the system.

I didn't "beat" a damn thing!......."They" were in the wrong and "they" paid for it, BIG TIME.

BTW: What makes you think it was a Ca. case? I never said that. :rolleyes:

What makes you think in HW cases Ca. is any different than Kansas.

Many HW claims fall under fed. law.........

LG

C.L. , if I still owned my own trucking company, you could help my wife with the confesser and paperwork.

But I don't,............BUT.......................

Here's a bottle of Bulliet fer ya !

C.L. , if I still owned my own trucking company, you could help my wife with the confesser and paperwork.

But I don't,............BUT.......................

Here's a bottle of Bulliet fer ya !

Thanks Apache

I may be serious about looking for a job soon

They are building a new campus. I was told at the beginning of the year that the technology position at the new school was mine.

Found out Friday afternoon that I may not get the job I want .....and totally expected to get.... because my current principal wants to keep me.

I have worked my heiny off to build my reputation in the district....and to learn as much as I can about the technology aspect of my job.

Only to be told that I have been assigned to my current campus for next year. When I asked why, I was told, "because we let the principals have a whole lot of input and she really wanted to keep you...you were her first choice"

So by being so pleasant to work with and such a hard worker.... I basicly shot myself in the foot.

Did I mention that I have no respect for my current principal? Can bearly stand to be in the same room with her?

Of course she has no idea how I feel about her.

She may be about to find out!

I have asked the technology department to see what they can do. They want me at the larger, newer campus. If I don't get the answer I want by the end of next week I may be looking for another job.

Anyone need a very pleasant secretary that knows her way around a computer?

At the very least, would someone please buy me a drink?

I would ask her flat out as diplomatically as possible why she did not help me get the position I worked so hard to get.

I have friends that will spit with me

that is making me smile

Spit with you, shoot with you, dance with you and even sing with you or to you!

I'll bet me and Blackwater could come up with a good song.

Um they can fire you for no reason in California too.

I got an email this afternoon from one of the guys in the technology department telling me that the head of the tech department when to the Director of Elementary Education on my behalf today.

He doesn't know if he has any "pull" about the situation.... but at least I know those guys appreciate me enough to speak up.

My principal asked me to train our secretary to do a bunch of my jobs....including our campus webpage.

She knows I won't be back next year.

It's good news that someone is willing to step up on your behalf. In today's world, that says something about that person......and you! ;)

The "she knows I won't be back next year" comment really riles me. I mean, she knows that it is her actions which have "run you off," but yet will not take action to correct the behavior. I think this says a lot about her character and leadership abilities. Just my opinion.....

Again, Good Luck Cowgirl!

Chick

When it gets to this point, always remember this line. "The district pays me well for doing my job, but not nearly enough for putting up with your ?&$%"

Hang in there kid.

I'm pulling for you.

Many employers in "right to work" states have felt that they can fire without reason and get away with it. Many have lost expensive court cases when it came to light that they did in fact have a reason, and the reason was improper, unethical, and not justifiable.

Archived