SASS Wire Forum

So mad I could just spit!

Complicated Lady

WELL DAMMIT! I know how happy you were telling me about this move several months ago at the fort. Now to have some overbearing female dog rain on you this way.......well let's just say I don't blame you for being PO'd.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, you are DEAD WRONG!......I rec'd a healthy(out of court)settlement in my case. So have MANY, MANY others across this country. Todays word....RESEARCH ;)

LG

L.G.,

You're right I am . You are clearly more knowledgable than me.

Many employers in "right to work" states have felt that they can fire without reason and get away with it. Many have lost expensive court cases when it came to light that they did in fact have a reason, and the reason was improper, unethical, and not justifiable.

I know L.G. is going to say I am wrong again but in the Merry Old Land of Oz it boils down to having enough money to hire a good lawyer while your case takes 4 or 5 years to make it through the courts.

A close friend and former co-worker filed a hostile work complaint in 2010. Nothing was done by management to change the situation and he said he felt he was being accused of being the problem.

Well in early 2011 rumors began to circulate of layoffs. Several months later he got the axe even though there were several employees with less time than him. Then the company tryed on three seperate occasions to take his unemployment benefits away.

He finally went to lawyer to discuss the problem. While the lawyer thought he had been fired unfairly and had a case it was a matter of fighting a big corporation in court. The lawyer wanted $5,000 up front to get started (he checked with another lawyer who quoted him $5 - $10k) plus continguency fee I think around 30%.

In his case he didn't have or want to spend that money money when he didn't have any income coming in. I really can't blame him as there was no guarantee he would win.

I do agree with C.L. that life is much to short to work a job you hate and I am sure she will make the decision that is right for her. Go girl Go!!!

I know L.G. is going to say I am wrong again but in the Merry Old Land of Oz it boils down to having enough money to hire a good lawyer while your case takes 4 or 5 years to make it through the courts. that is not just in Oz as you put it, it is going to take more then a couple of days, weeks or months to get anything settled anywhere not just Oz

A close friend and former co-worker filed a hostile work complaint in 2010. Nothing was done by management to change the situation and he said he felt he was being accused of being the problem.

Well in early 2011 rumors began to circulate of layoffs. Several months later he got the axe even though there were several employees with less time than him. Then the company tryed on three seperate occasions to take his unemployment benefits away.

He finally went to lawyer to discuss the problem. While the lawyer thought he had been fired unfairly and had a case it was a matter of fighting a big corporation in court. The lawyer wanted $5,000 up front to get started (he checked with another lawyer who quoted him $5 - $10k) plus continguency fee I think around 30%. that is not just Oz

In his case he didn't have or want to spend that money money when he didn't have any income coming in. I really can't blame him as there was no guarantee he would win.

I do agree with C.L. that life is much to short to work a job you hate and I am sure she will make the decision that is right for her. Go girl Go!!!

SS, It took 4+ years to see a settlement for me....Legal fees were 125K+(had to sell a home for this).They settled out of court and covered it all along with my settlement. Yeah, "they" got spanked but HARD. I wasn't the only one "they" had to deal with either.......

Respectfully,

LG

UB, E.L. Fudge sounds good. I'm a choc-o-holic :rolleyes::blush:

Me too... if it wasn't for chocolate I'd only weigh 5 pounds

:blush:

This is where this stands right now....

emails between the Head of Technology and myself after he spoke to the the Director of Elementary Education on my behalf.

To the Head of the Technology Department

I appreciate your efforts on my behalf.

Thank you,

Joyce

From Head of Technology Department to me

I don't really know what to tell you. I think we've made it known that we think you do a good job as a campus tech, and I think you've made it known that you would like to move. I don't really know what factors they took into consideration when they made their assignments. I don't really believe that anything is set in stone at this point, at least that is my opinion. I think they still have a lot of slots to fill and it's still a work in progress. My only advice to you is to continue to try and do a good job, and don't do anything that would give them a reason not to let you make a move. At this point I don't think raising a fuss would do you any good. They know what your desire is. If you ruffle some feathers I think that will only hurt your case.

10:23 AM (8 hours ago)

to Head of Technology Department

I will continue to do a good job. My own conscience would not allow me to do otherwise.

Thank you again

The next couple of months are going to be TOUGH. The last few days have been a rollercoaster. The only reason I was able to come back this year was because I had hope that I would be at the new campus with more responsibility for technology and a principal that is not a nut case.

Now.... I will have to smile... and keep saying "yes mam" to a woman I have no respect for....while knowing that she is directly responsible for possibly keeping me from getting the position I have worked so hard to get.

I had a meeting with her yesterday afternoon. She was shocked that I was not happy to be staying there working for her.

She lied to me 3 times in 15 minutes. She told me that she had no say so in who went to the new campus and who stayed at hers. A direct contradiction to what the Director of Elementary to me last Friday.

When I told her I was very disappointed that I was not being assigned to the other campus she was HATEFUL to me. Instead of saying things to make me want to keep working for her she was hateful.

She told me if I was wanting a technology job I had better start looking at the Want Ads because there were none in the district.... I should be glad to have a job at all ....and elementary campuses don't need fulltime technology people....

When I asked who would be fixing computers when they broke or taking care of all the software programs she said "well the technology department....it's their job"

She has NO IDEA how much I do. No clue!

At a campus with 600 students.... easily 180 computers.... 20 Promethean Boards...printers....

if there is no one assigned to the campus fulltime to be the campus tech person the guys from the technology department will be over there everyday.

They want me there so they don't have to be over there for every little thing. I rarely send a workorder.....fewer than any other campus in the district. I take a lot of pride in that.

This afternoon when it was 4:00 pm.... I'm supposed to be driving home... I'm under a desk... covered in dust...fixing a computer for one of the wonderful ladies that I work with...

I was thinking.... she (my principal) she really thinks she LETS me do this FOR FUN...because it's really not my job... I'm supposed to turn every little thing into the tech department because it is their job.

I will continue to do EVERYTHING she tells me to do... AND I will continue to actually be the technology person for my campus like I was hired to do.

Thank you for letting me vent here.... it's keep me from losing it at work.

A REALLY ANGRY BLONDE is something no one wants to see :->

I hope that none of you gets the wrong impression of me. I really am a happy person. Usually able to find the good in every situation and keep smiling.

As my own mother told me yesterday, "you can only be pushed so long before you finally push back"

You can only kick a dog so many times because the dog either stops coming back hoping to be petted or BITES

CL, about the angry blonde thing. I know, I'm married to one! 5'4" and just like dynamite, very explosive for such a small package :rolleyes::lol::blush:

Like L/G, it took quite awhile to get my problem settled. Over two years. I was lucky, I didn't have lawyer fees as the union legal rep handled it. But even at half the time for L.G.'s, that's a looooong time to have to sit and stew. A bunch of sleepless nights, and the embarressment in front of co-workers, loss of work friends, etc. For what I went through, what I got was a slap on the wrist for them monitarily. I did get some satifaction of seeing their legal rep's face at the end hearing. Plus the HR guy who was soooo smug and nasty to me got fired about 5 months later for improper doings at work. Goes around, comes around :blush::angry:

CL, about the angry blonde thing. I know, I'm married to one! 5'4" and just like dynamite, very explosive for such a small package :rolleyes::lol::blush:

Like L/G, it took quite awhile to get my problem settled. Over two years. I was lucky, I didn't have lawyer fees as the union legal rep handled it. But even at half the time for L.G.'s, that's a looooong time to have to sit and stew. A bunch of sleepless nights, and the embarressment in front of co-workers, loss of work friends, etc. For what I went through, what I got was a slap on the wrist for them monitarily. I did get some satifaction of seeing their legal rep's face at the end hearing. Plus the HR guy who was soooo smug and nasty to me got fired about 5 months later for improper doings at work. Goes around, comes around :blush::angry:

"What goes around, comes around"

I'm counting on that

I hope that none of you gets the wrong impression of me. I really am a happy person. Usually able to find the good in every situation and keep smiling.

As my own mother told me yesterday, "you can only be pushed so long before you finally push back"

You can only kick a dog so many times because the dog either stops coming back hoping to be petted or BITES

CL, Uh.........I want to know..............Uh.....................ifin' I was........................uh....................................to asked ya............................uh............no dat's not it..................Ah......................Can I buy ya a drink ? :blink:

Whhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww ! :lol: :lol:

CL,

Don't be afraid to vent; keepin' it inside will make them blonde hairs grey before their time.

When yer' done venting, a little nip from the whiskey flask helps to take the edge off.

Them E.L. Fudge cookies that UB has are sounding pretty good too.... :rolleyes:

Anyone would reach the breaking point in light of such behavior from the boss. I was passed over for a promotion several years ago for similar reasons. It's frustrating, agrravating and so unfair. I'm in a much better situation now. Only you know your situation and how to handle it from here. But, you have a place to vent.

Thank you friends

I am dreading going back tomorrow but next week will be spring break so I am telling myself to take one day at a time.

Hopefully you won't read about me on the 10:00 news

Anyone would reach the breaking point in light of such behavior from the boss. I was passed over for a promotion several years ago for similar reasons. It's frustrating, agrravating and so unfair. I'm in a much better situation now. Only you know your situation and how to handle it from here. But, you have a place to vent.

And Whiskey will spit terbacky juice on 'em for ya.

:lol:

Hey CL, made ya laugh!

Oh, and I think he likes the tebacky/spankin idea too much.

I'm afraid you may be right!

We know you ride a broom, and eat small children in the magic forest. :blink: Boil, boil, toil and trouble...

Don't make me call down my Flying Monkeys!

Whiskey, now you've really gone and done it! Okie's tastes are, shall we say, unusual! :o

When Wildcat sees this, he might not like cast iron skillet idea, tho.

Wildcat and Lady Hawk have gotten together and hashed it out.

Lady Hawk has gotten rid of her dreaded rollin pin and has traded up to da dongin' of da dreaded cast iron skillet ! :wacko:

I'm settin dis one out ! :blink:

Archived