SASS Wire Forum

So mad I could just spit!

Complicated Lady

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CL, I'm going to say something, not to be vindictive, but for the well being of the students at your former school. It may take a year, but every known incident of her cruelty, especially to students, should be documented as to what was said or done & date, time and location and the name of the student. We adults can handle it. But no child should be subjected to cruelty for any reason. Please ask your former coworkers to document those incidences every time they witness them and at the end of the school term turn them over to the school board. If the school board fails to investigate & take appropriate action notify the parents of the students involved.

Hi Lady,

I get the Col.'s post as it is a honorable suggestion. If you decide to act on it, wait until you have established yourself at your new job and received the raves that I know you deserve. You will have greater credibility then. Remember, she got where she is by having allies (yuck, that's the plural of my name) as it surely wasn't on her kind and generous spirit.

Be careful.

:wub: ya gal!

Allie Mo

I feel as if I need to put your minds at ease....

Had SHE or anyone else EVER been cruel to a child physically I would not of cared if I lost my job over it, I would have reported it immediately!

There were many times over the last 7 years that I saw and heard things from students that made with me question their safety with their parents and I would quietly bring it to the attention of their classroom teacher or the campus counselor. I am not one to "look the other way" when a child is possibly being hurt.

Let me try to explain my former principal....

she is so afraid of a lawsuit... so afraid that parents or administrators will figure out that she is totally incompetent...she will not touch a student... she won't spank a child under any circumstances, even when a parent requests it... The other side of that is, she also will not hug a student. We are talking about 1st-4th graders. Some of those kids are so starved for affection.

She has told me not to hugs the kids. I let her know I would not push a child away that reached out to me. Kids know who is safe. I don't know how they know but they know. The first year I taught I was surprised that the kids all came to me for hugs. I thought, "they don't even know me"... It didn't take long before I realized they knew I loved them and wanted to take care of them. Many mornings SHE would cringe when the kids would walk past her to come give me a hug. They needed it more than I needed to keep her happy.... when it came to THAT.

When I said she has been cruel to students I can certainly understand why some of you would think I had "dropped the ball" on protecting the kids. Outright abuse is not what I was talking about.

I will give you an example of a time when I feel she was cruel to a child. Try to understand that this kind of situation happened often.

It was the first week of school, I was helping kids through the breakfast line. For the 1st graders this can be pretty scary. New school, not knowing what to do, what the rules are, not knowing who to ask for help,etc.

I see a little boy sobbing...VERY UPSET. I walked over and kneeled down, asking him what was wrong, etc. The kid was so upset he couldn't speak. I was talking calmly to him and assuring him I would help him. That's when SHE started yelling at me that I needed to get to the front of the line, that she needed me at the front of the line NOW! I tried to point out that the little guy was very upset and needed someone to help him. She yelled, "he's fine" I said, "do you know why he is crying?" I thought maybe he had got in trouble for something. She said, "no but you need to get to the front of the line, stop talking to just one student!"

I did what I was told but thought to myself, 'any woman with any compassion at all would walk over to that child and try to calm him down....if I was his mother and found out he had been treated this way at school I would be angry' As soon as I could I went back to look for him. I couldn't find him. He had already went to class. It bothered me all day... that I had let HER keep me from helping that crying child.

The next day I went in determined to find that kid and make sure he was okay. It turns out that he was hungry but didn't know what to do to get breakfast.... and his parents were going through a very ugly divorce so the kid was just scared about everything at that point.

Again, that just shows you HER lack of compassion. You are right that we adults can handle it. I did look out for the kids and will continue to look out for the kids that will be at the school I'm assigned to next year.

I am confident that the ladies that are left at my former campus will continue to look out for the kids there too. They really do love the kids.... all of them except for HER.

As for documenting all she does.... those that I have worked with have been told the same thing by their families and friends. We can't document every minute of everyday.

and..... after reading the little story I just told didn't you think, "well that was not that bad"?

My point is this... any ONE incident SHE would be able to explain away, it's the fact that it is constant, all day, every day... and so much of what she does is so over the top ridiculous that it got to the point where we would say to each other, "no one would believe this unless they were here" SHE has proven many times over that SHE will LIE to cover her own butt.

Also, 3 years ago one of my former coworkers did document how she personally was being treated badly by HER. She took all of her stories to the "higher ups" ...She was moved to another campus. She is now working for one of the local grocery stores. A longtime teacher... sacking groceries. So anytime one of us would say we were going to tell those in admin what SHE is really like... someone else would say, "remember what happened to Pat"

They really are just waiting for HER to hang herself....make the wrong parent angry.

Like Allie pointed out, I didn't want to ruin my own career because of HER actions. All of us adults had a choice to make daily. Take it or quit. I became determined that I wasn't going to let her run me off from a job I otherwise loved. SHE really was the only person on the whole campus that I didn't love and respect. I'm looking forward to a new adventure with some old friends and building new relationships with those who don't know me yet.

I will have to prove myself to those who don't know me yet but that shouldn't be difficult.

I can promise you I will not stand by and let anyone abuse a child. The adults... well, they are big girls, they have to decide for themselves how much they are willing to put up with.

I feel as if I need to put your minds at ease....

Had SHE or anyone else EVER been cruel to a child physically I would not of cared if I lost my job over it, I would have reported it immediately!

There were many times over the last 7 years that I saw and heard things from students that made with me question their safety with their parents and I would quietly bring it to the attention of their classroom teacher or the campus counselor. I am not one to "look the other way" when a child is possibly being hurt.

Let me try to explain my former principal....

she is so afraid of a lawsuit... so afraid that parents or administrators will figure out that she is totally incompetent...she will not touch a student... she won't spank a child under any circumstances, even when a parent requests it... The other side of that is, she also will not hug a student. We are talking about 1st-4th graders. Some of those kids are so starved for affection.

She has told me not to hugs the kids. I let her know I would not push a child away that reached out to me. Kids know who is safe. I don't know how they know but they know. The first year I taught I was surprised that the kids all came to me for hugs. I thought, "they don't even know me"... It didn't take long before I realized they knew I loved them and wanted to take care of them. Many mornings SHE would cringe when the kids would walk past her to come give me a hug. They needed it more than I needed to keep her happy.... when it came to THAT.

When I said she has been cruel to students I can certainly understand why some of you would think I had "dropped the ball" on protecting the kids. Outright abuse is not what I was talking about.

I will give you an example of a time when I feel she was cruel to a child. Try to understand that this kind of situation happened often.

It was the first week of school, I was helping kids through the breakfast line. For the 1st graders this can be pretty scary. New school, not knowing what to do, what the rules are, not knowing who to ask for help,etc.

I see a little boy sobbing...VERY UPSET. I walked over and kneeled down, asking him what was wrong, etc. The kid was so upset he couldn't speak. I was talking calmly to him and assuring him I would help him. That's when SHE started yelling at me that I needed to get to the front of the line, that she needed me at the front of the line NOW! I tried to point out that the little guy was very upset and needed someone to help him. She yelled, "he's fine" I said, "do you know why he is crying?" I thought maybe he had got in trouble for something. She said, "no but you need to get to the front of the line, stop talking to just one student!"

I did what I was told but thought to myself, 'any woman with any compassion at all would walk over to that child and try to calm him down....if I was his mother and found out he had been treated this way at school I would be angry' As soon as I could I went back to look for him. I couldn't find him. He had already went to class. It bothered me all day... that I had let HER keep me from helping that crying child.

The next day I went in determined to find that kid and make sure he was okay. It turns out that he was hungry but didn't know what to do to get breakfast.... and his parents were going through a very ugly divorce so the kid was just scared about everything at that point.

Again, that just shows you HER lack of compassion. You are right that we adults can handle it. I did look out for the kids and will continue to look out for the kids that will be at the school I'm assigned to next year.

I am confident that the ladies that are left at my former campus will continue to look out for the kids there too. They really do love the kids.... all of them except for HER.

As for documenting all she does.... those that I have worked with have been told the same thing by their families and friends. We can't document every minute of everyday.

and..... after reading the little story I just told didn't you think, "well that was not that bad"?

My point is this... any ONE incident SHE would be able to explain away, it's the fact that it is constant, all day, every day... and so much of what she does is so over the top ridiculous that it got to the point where we would say to each other, "no one would believe this unless they were here" SHE has proven many times over that SHE will LIE to cover her own butt.

Also, 3 years ago one of my former coworkers did document how she personally was being treated badly by HER. She took all of her stories to the "higher ups" ...She was moved to another campus. She is now working for one of the local grocery stores. A longtime teacher... sacking groceries. So anytime one of us would say we were going to tell those in admin what SHE is really like... someone else would say, "remember what happened to Pat"

They really are just waiting for HER to hang herself....make the wrong parent angry.

Like Allie pointed out, I didn't want to ruin my own career because of HER actions. All of us adults had a choice to make daily. Take it or quit. I became determined that I wasn't going to let her run me off from a job I otherwise loved. SHE really was the only person on the whole campus that I didn't love and respect. I'm looking forward to a new adventure with some old friends and building new relationships with those who don't know me yet.

I will have to prove myself to those who don't know me yet but that shouldn't be difficult.

I can promise you I will not stand by and let anyone abuse a child. The adults... well, they are big girls, they have to decide for themselves how much they are willing to put up with.

CL, it had never entered my mind that you had dropped the ball. Mental or emotional cruelty such as the one example you posted can be and often is as damaging as physical cruelty. There is strength in numbers. If 5,6, 10, or even 20 teachers document the things that they have seen her do or things that they have heard her say to students and then type them up into one document and all of them sign it and swear to its truthfulness before a notary public and present copies of it to the school board, concerned parents, the media, and the PTA, the school board will be forced to investigate and take correctiv action. If they refuse to act the Texas State Board of Education can be brought in. If the local school board terminates, fails to renew the contract of a long time teacher or employee, or make their life hell on the job until they quit, the affected employee can file suit under the federal whistle blowers protection act. If the teacher who is now sacking groceries was terminated less than two years ago she should seek out and consult with an attorney who is well versed in federal labor laws. If she has a case she may be able get reinstated and receive full back pay to the day she was terminated and punitive damages for wrongful termination.

Archived