SASS Wire Forum

Happy Birthday to Christy Brinkley

1 hour ago, Pat Riot said:

I could not be around those people. They creep me out on many levels. 

According to Wikipedia she has donated over a million dollars to the HRC, BHO, the DNC etc. So there's that too.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

She looks great ! 70 years old ! Wow

A lot of makeup, plastic surgery, good lighting and a lot of Photoshop does wonders for one’s appearance. As a graphic designer, I earn a chunk of my living with Photoshop. 

These are very attractive people and I admire anyone who maintains their figure, but I guarantee they don’t look like their photos in person. And that goes for the youngsters too. 

• Like 2

I think there is quite a span of time between the two pictures.  She was in her late teens in the left and close to 30 on the right.   She is 38 right now........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Yup. Depends on when a pic is taken too. These pics illustrate what I was talking about. Before and after, and I have no idea when these were done. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f0622faf3f290f6b9880e27b0a8df5f0.jpeg

The left picture is from 2001.  The right is from 2014.  People can change quite a bit in 13 years.  I do agree she has likely had some work done but I believe maturity has a lot to do with it.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

I could not be around those people. They creep me out on many levels. 

It's been many moons ago, but I used to work backstage at a charity telethon where we had BIG stars at the time. Me and a buddy ate breakfast at 2AM across the table from Bill and Susan Hays (Doug and Julie from Days of our Lives) big stars back then, nicest people you'd ever care to meet. Spent a good deal of time shooting the $h!t with Slim Pickens back stage. He was a hoot. He was the same back stage telling dirty jokes and telling about his horses. Rex Allen and Rex Jr, Mel Tillis, Jimmy Dean, several cast members from Lawrence Welk show, Tanya Tucker, quite a few. Most of them were nice folks, at least in my limited time around them.  Long ago in a galaxy far away. :wub:

JHC

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

It's been many moons ago, but I used to work backstage at a charity telethon where we had BIG stars at the time. Me and a buddy ate breakfast at 2AM across the table from Bill and Susan Hays (Doug and Julie from Days of our Lives) big stars back then, nicest people you'd ever care to meet. Spent a good deal of time shooting the $h!t with Slim Pickens back stage. He was a hoot. He was the same back stage telling dirty jokes and telling about his horses. Rex Allen and Rex Jr, Mel Tillis, Jimmy Dean, several cast members from Lawrence Welk show, Tanya Tucker, quite a few. Most of them were nice folks, at least in my limited time around them.  Long ago in a galaxy far away. :wub:

JHC

I think you misunderstood. I was talking about those people in the photo. 

I have had interactions with several actors and musicians and my opinion of them, for the most part is good, except for 2 of them. 

I just can’t stand glamour people. 

• Like 1

I’ve never had much dealings with “glamour” people. I’ve worked with and for actors and musicians since I got out of high school.

Most of ‘em are just people. With a few exceptions, they’re just making a living.  I’ve met a few that thought they were pretty hot stuff and most of those either learned different or faded away pretty quickly.

One of the most vivid examples of “finding out you ain’t all that” was Larry Gatlin. He had made a habit of ignoring and brushing off folks after he and his brothers hit it big.

One night, he was leaving a show and as usual, gave some fans the cold shoulder. Charlie Daniels snatched his ass up and gave him “what for”! 

He told Gatlin that he was a big star right now because those folks he was giving short shrift to were buying his records and tickets to his shows and that he’d damned well better treat ‘em good ‘cause they were just as likely to buy somebody’s records and tickets that treated ‘em like they were somebody too!!

There’s the other side of the coin too! Trisha Yearwood bought my crew pizza one night after interrupting our work on her bus.  Sent a nice apology too!

Marty Stewart bought me a welding helmet ‘cause he wanted me to use it on a project I was doing for him. I couldn’t get him to understand that tac welding didn’t really require using one.

Danny Thomas bought lunch for our lighting crew when a scene he was doing for a TV special took much longer than expected.

The list seems endless!  The few that were too impressed with themselves, for the most part, have faded.  Some of THEM have recovered after learning the harsh lessons of holding on to fame and, more importantly, popularity!

Fame can be even accidental! Popularity takes more work to maintain!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

One of the most vivid examples of “finding out you ain’t all that” was Larry Gatlin. He had made a habit of ignoring and brushing off folks after he and his brothers hit it big.

Who is Larry Gatlin? :D

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Have you ever noticed that as these women get more and more plastic surgery, their nose, cheeks and smile start looking like Jack Nicholson’s Joker?

image.thumb.jpeg.dad63269e2ba8b2ba1ff1b862909440f.jpeg

I've noticed that many older women get those characteristics even without plastic surgery.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I've noticed that many older women get those characteristics even without plastic surgery.

So they tell you… :P

17 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Gatlin Brothers.

7 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

'80s Country music stars.

I knew that, Pards. It was an attempt at humor.. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

So they tell you… :P

Knew some of them most of my like (friends of my parents) and none of them had any plastic surgery.  A couple now that I've known for 20+ years.  No surgery.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Knew some of them most of my like (friends of my parents) and none of them had any plastic surgery.  A couple now that I've known for 20+ years.  No surgery.

I wonder…do they eat a diet similar to the diet eaten in Japan and costal East Asia? Lots of fish, rice and vegetables?

I have met Japanese people that were in their late 50’s but looked 30 years old. 

20 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Some people weren't Country fans back then.

I am not a Country music fan, never was, but everyone around me loved C&W music back then. 

30 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

I wonder…do they eat a diet similar to the diet eaten in Japan and costal East Asia? Lots of fish, rice and vegetables?

I have met Japanese people that were in their late 50’s but looked 30 years old. 

I was referring to the "Joker Face" comment. But, no, typical American Diet.  Or, American Catholic Diet before the general prohibition of meat on Fridays was dropped.  Take any later 1940s or 1950s cookbook and look at "Weekly Menu Plans" and that's pretty much what they ate.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

No problem. I didn't know if you really didn't know who he was. Some people weren't Country fans back then.

A lot of people STILL AREN’T and probably never will be!!

I will amend my previous post with the addendum that most of the most overbearing, self important, anal sphincters I’ve encountered were young, recently popular country artists!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

A lot of people STILL AREN’T and probably never will be!!

I will amend my previous post with the addendum that most of the most overbearing, self important, anal sphincters I’ve encountered were young, recently popular country artists!!

I don't expect them to be.:mellow: I haven't listened to much Country since about 2000 myself.:blink: My love for Country was from the '80s. Waylon, Willie, Hank Jr. and the like. The Gatlins were in that era. :)

My only reason for answering the question was to be informative. 

(Any by the way, I was listening to Country BEFORE "Urban Cowboy" came out).:D

70 huh ? id not have guessed , never liked her politics like most of the high maintenance crowd , , but good for her , 

Edited by watab kid
  • Like 1

She single handedly emasculated Billy Joel and ruined his music. Piano Man vs Uptown Girl. No comparison. 

I did a lot of backstage theater work in college. Met a lot of “stars”.  Except for one individual they were all very down to earth and friendly. Nice folks who just happen to make their living in a high profile fashion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1