SASS Wire Forum

Nashville today

Very little snow in this part of (south central) MN, but cold.  The high today -1 dropping to -7 tonight.  Worst part is my truck's battery or starter or both died.  The truck is 8 years old and is garaged except for two nights last week.  I think the battery is original.  On the other hand, my wife's 2002 VW that has been sitting in the garage since October (except for a couple of days when I drove it), started right up. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

The high today -1 dropping to -7 tonight.  Worst part is my truck's battery or starter or both died.  The truck is 8 years old and is garaged except for two nights last week.  I think the battery is original...

I'm sure it is the battery. Eight years is amazing performance.

Just replaced the battery in my home backup generator on Saturday. My truck, former police car, and Challenger garage queen all got new batteries this year. Close to $1,000 in plastic boxes full of lead and acid all in a few months.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Cheatin Charlie said:

You could count on one hand and have fingers left over!  

Me too, I’ve flown exactly 4 times, that includes there and back. 

Just before dark. Still snowing…

IMG_0152.jpeg

IMG_0153.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

my niece lives in nashville , thats not much snow unless there is ice under it that wont slow her down much , we get that much snow as a "skiff" , 

my friend in wisconsin [east side - north central] sais they got two feet in a day or so , , yall dont really know snow 

• Like 3

Cleveland this morning, we’ll probably wind up with an inch or maybe two. Very light snowfall 

IMG_3556.jpeg

Watab..."yall dont really know snow"? We only get acquainted with snow every few years. We have NO interest in knowing snow. I live in Tennessee because I lived in Denver in my youth.

Imis

• Haha 1

Like I said in my first post on this thread, this is a yankee snow. It got cold first and then snowed on dry ground!

The snow we know is usually laying on top of an inch of ice and has a layer of frozen rain glazed over the top of it! 

Until you’ve driven in that stuff or the wet snow that falls fast on warm ground and freezes from the top down, you don’t know snow either!!

Read my first post on this thread…

Edited by Blackwater 53393

9 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

On my way to check my water plant last night.

You missed every one of them!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Like I said in my first post on this thread, this is a yankee snow. It got cold first and then snowed on dry ground!

The snow we know is usually laying on top of an inch of ice and has a layer of frozen rain glazed over the top of it! 

Until you’ve driven in that stuff or the wet snow that falls fast on warm ground and freezes from the top down, you don’t know snow either!!

Read my first post on this thread…

We've had any kind of snow and ice you can imagine here in NE Ohio. We know snow here, trust me! 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Five minutes ago! Four hours have passed!

IMG_0152.jpeg

IMG_0153.jpeg

We left Colorado because of this. I don't miss it at all.

TM

I love to have one heavy snow and a good week long freeze every year!!

Despite what some people will say, it seems to result in fewer bugs in the spring and summer.  

All the other motorcyclists will understand completely!!

• Like 1

Ha Ha Ha Ha! Love the "don't know snow" .

I moved to the west slope in '96 from Denver to get out of the snow and partially succeeded. Far as I am concerned snow should stay in the mountains to ski on.

Here in Grand Junction we typically get (at most) 2-6 inches in a big storm from time to time. So far this year is behind schedule at about 3.1 inches total with another 1 or 2 expected by Saturday. Up on the Grand Mesa they are at about 60" so far and slightly behind last year but looking good for March (which is our wettest month)

The Central mountains YESTERDAY got 12-50 inches depending where they were and though some did set records in most cases they were not even close to a record!

I saw where Nashville set a record and reached their yearly total with 6 inches bringing them to 7 inches. 

Until you have driven on snow where you leave trenches from your axle pumpkins or had your semi's front bumper dragging or been on a sloping roadway at a stop and the car slides downhill all by itself, or had your front door pushed in by a snowdrift reaching the roof line I think there are a lot of people who "know snow" here. Of course that doesn't include the "flatlanders" who can't drive very well on dry roads! :lol:

Regards (and stay warm!)

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I love to have one heavy snow and a good week long freeze every year!!

Despite what some people will say, it seems to result in fewer bugs in the spring and summer.  

All the other motorcyclists will understand completely!!

You’re absolutely correct! An exterminator told me that exact same thing. 

The local news said that 47 of the lower 48 (Florida had none) had some form of snow cover on the ground and that 54% of the ground in the lower 48 was snow covered. Means it's pretty cold folks.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

The local news said that 47 of the lower 48 (Florida had none) had some form of snow cover on the ground and that 54% of the ground in the lower 48 was snow covered. Means it's pretty cold folks.

Climate change :lol::P

• Haha 2