SASS Wire Forum

2024 Tennessee State Championship

7 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

He probably had some of those Widder Humming Bird thumbs installed.  All this talk about tendons is just misdirection.

I dunno....I thinking with TW's vast collection of chicken feet I can't help but suspect he found some donor tendon from some of them 3 legged chickens some where.  I'm thinking tendon transplants are "afoot."  B)

Kajun

Edited by Krazy Kajun
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

52 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Yep.  I heard @Widder, SASS #59054volunteered for one of those Neuralink implants Elon Musk is making. I'm think of George Segal in Terminal Man.

Actually, I will need all the help I can get, mechanical or bionic, at the TN State this summer.

Rumor is that Chicken George and his son, Gut C Gunman, are coming to whoop up on me

at the side match speed SG.   And Gut C holds the Cowboy World Record speed 97 in.both

4 shots and 6 shots.   The kid has incredible speed and ability with all his guns, especially

the 97.    AND.....  along with that, there are quite a few super speedsters that could possibly show up

like The Outlaw Travis James, Copperhead Joe, Missouri Traveler, etc....... Maybe even 

Hells Comin.

Heck, on a good day, I might could finish in the top 5 or 6 on the side match event.

All that being stated, I don't think TW has enough chicken feet or Possum penis bones

to give me that much luck.    Any and all Neuralink implants might not even be enough.

AND... since open heart surgery back in 2020, my practice and usage of the 97 ain't

exactly close to what it once was..... and at 73, ya just don't get it back with a couple

months of practice.

And now you know the rest of the story.

Come by the SG side match event and witness the onslaught.  Watching those folks I

mentioned above will be worth the cost of admission..... :D

..........Widder

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Blind Squirrel said:

Can anyone recommend a good RV park close by the venue?

https://www.wartraceregulators.com/2022State/campgrounds.pdf

Try this and talk to Tennessee Tombstone, he and quite a few others stay at the first one.  I don’t personally know anything about any of them.

Thanks

Randy

• Like 1

A lot of us stay at the Sale of Champions RV park.  The sites are full hookup including sewer.  It's a fenced in field at a horse show facility.   Last year, the Cowboys had the whole place to themselves.  Big grass field with RV hookups around the outside perimeter.    It's about 10-15 minutes from the range.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

A lot of us stay at the Sale of Champions RV park.  The sites are full hookup including sewer.  It's a fenced in field at a horse show facility.   Last year, the Cowboys had the whole place to themselves.  Big grass field with RV hookups around the outside perimeter.    It's about 10-15 minutes from the range.

6 hours ago, Blind Squirrel said:

Can anyone recommend a good RV park close by the venue?

Just imagine the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles and you'll get an idea of what it will be like.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

But instead of beans we have Crown with vastly different results

We stay at the Sale of Champions Horse park. It is also a full campground with all hook-ups. Ray does not live at the campground

Camp Ground Address is:

790 Whitthorne Street

Shelbyville, TN

This is about 15 miles from the range

$50/night

Call Ray Beech to reserve space.

931-580-3831

Mail Check to:

Ray Beech

531 Bellfast-Farming Rd

Bellfast, Tn  37019

This is not the camp ground, although Ray is a great guy he does not want campers at his house.

Edited by Tn Tombstone
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

....and if you are really nice and Mr. Ray likes you he might just give you a lakefront camping spot like he did for me one year. :o

Kajun

• Haha 3

Cookies???

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Be careful with your cookies too.  That camping bunch will clean you out.

Lemon Oreo cookies to be exact...boy were they good.  And we appreciate Brisket making them available.......she's a keeper Bob. B)

Kajun

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Cahawbakid said:

Randy, I’ll be getting my registration out this week. I should make three for FCD.

Lasombra and Tyrell Cody you are welcome 

Well there goes my 2nd place finish. 

La Sombra

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Cahawbakid said:

Randy, I’ll be getting my registration out this week. I should make three for FCD.

Lasombra and Tyrell Cody you are welcome 

I’m a gunfighter, so no help to me; BUT my son is signing up for FCD this year. Our apps are in the mail.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2024 at 2:37 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Rumor is that Chicken George and his son, Gut C Gunman, are coming to whoop up on me

at the side match speed SG.   And Gut C holds the Cowboy World Record speed 97 in.both

4 shots and 6 shots.   The kid has incredible speed and ability with all his guns, especially

the 97.

One of the TN State warm ups is going on right now (EOT). There is presently a battle going on at the speed event for pump shotgun (4 shots). Skrap P got a 2.73, Gut C Gunman came back with a 2.68. Then Skrap P with a 2.58, Gut C with 2.56 and now Skrap P with 2.55.

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Chicken George* said:

One of the TN State warm ups is going on right now (EOT). There is presently a battle going on at the speed event for pump shotgun (4 shots). Skrap P got a 2.73, Gut C Gunman came back with a 2.68. Then Skrap P with a 2.58, Gut C with 2.56 and now Skrap P with 2.55.

WOW.

Double WOW!

I'm hoping to meet ALL of you Pards at the TN State.   My guess is that they are shooting

those custom 97's by Outlaw Gambler.

I'm looking forward to watching them at the TN State.

QUESTION:  what is the starting position?   AND... is Scrap P using the 'grab 2'

method?

..........Widder

Edited by Widder, SASS #59054
  • Like 1

Gut C Gunman really wants to take that title back after Skrap P took it from him last year. Gut C also currently has the speed pistol and is in a two-way tie with Deuce Stevens for rifle. Skrap P currently has duelist and gunfighter.

They are sharing an Outlaw Gambler, CB 97. Skrap P is doing the grab 2 and Gut C is loading over the top with 3 and sometimes also grabs one with his right at the beginning. Starting position is gun in hands. 

• Like 1

Impressive, to say the least.    I'm excited about the TN State and I have listed

on my application to be on a Posse with your family.   Hopefully, it will work out.

Thanks for the info.   AND..... Good luck to both your boys.

Tell them to bring their 'A' game to the TN State and show NO MERCY on this

old man.

:lol:

..........Widder

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Impressive, to say the least.    I'm excited about the TN State and I have listed

on my application to be on a Posse with your family.   Hopefully, it will work out.

Thanks for the info.   AND..... Good luck to both your boys.

Tell them to bring their 'A' game to the TN State and show NO MERCY on this

old man.

..........Widder

....and tell them the old man will be providing his secret lube for their competition 97s too...what a guy! ;)

Kajun

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

....and tell them the old man will be providing his secret lube for their competition 97s too...what a guy! ;)

Kajun

Red Knee loves the Widder Lube.   Basically, he swears by it.

Well, actually, he started swearing after using it........... :lol:

..........Widder

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I talked to Ray this morning and there seems to be a little confusion so I went back and cleaned up the camping post a little but basically it is

$50 per night

We camp at the Sale of Champions horse park in Shelbyville TN

790 Whitthorn Street

Ray lives about 20 miles away so you have to send the check to his house.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

I talked to Ray this morning and there seems to be a little confusion so I went back and cleaned up the camping post a little but basically it is

$50 per night

We camp at the Sale of Champions horse park in Shelbyville TN

790 Whitthorn Street

Ray lives about 20 miles away so you have to send the check to his house.

Is he taking reservations yet?

Kajun

Yes, he is taking reservations, I don't know if he has any lake front still available but for you he will probably work something out.

He said he has a few new folks, one couple from NM. Looking forward to meeting them.

• Haha 3

The NM family MIGHT be Chicken George and his sons, Gut C Gunman and Skrap P.

I'm not sure if they are campers but I've talked with CG and as of now, he plans to

come.   And I think he has already sent in his applications.

..........Widder

• Like 2

I am thinking it might be him and his family. He responded to an earlier post so figure it  jist might be them.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Chicken George* said:

I will neither confirm nor deny where my location may be while in TN due to my alias and close proximity to Tennessee Williams. 

Your wisdom is only exceeded by your perception of TW.   

Its obvious TW's reputation has moved beyond the borders of TN,

but has now reached New Mexico, whose fine citizens  can now

be cautious when traveling thru middle TN.

CG:  how did Gut C and Skrap P finish the side matches?

..........Widder

Edited by Widder, SASS #59054
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Chicken George* said:

I will neither confirm nor deny where my location may be while in TN due to my alias and close proximity to Tennessee Williams. 

I think you’re safe, I’ve never seen TW with any Chicken’s feet with cowboy boots on them! 

Randy

• Haha 5

For the record ol TW has not visited the campground in all the time we have been there. It might have something to do with the Crown and the crowd around the campfire.

• Haha 4