SASS Wire Forum

2024 Tennessee State Championship

2 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I think you’re safe, I’ve never seen TW with any Chicken’s feet with cowboy boots on them! 

Randy

Yet!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I shouldn't tell this cause you know how good I am at keeping secrets about TW........ BUT,

those boots Y'all are concerned about were put on TW's pet Buzzard.

Naturally, its a male Buzzard and he named it HiBall due to its slight deformity.   Only TW

would figure something like that.

Now you know.....  HiBall wears the boots.   Not his chickens.

..........Widder

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Chicken George* said:

I will neither confirm nor deny where my location may be while in TN due to my alias and close proximity to Tennessee Williams. 

Oh, I been waiting for you! Hehehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I shouldn't tell this cause you know how good I am at keeping secrets about TW........ BUT,

Naturally, its a male Buzzard and he named it HiBall due to its slight deformity.   Only TW

..........Widder

You know, the funny thing is I have boxing gloves from my time raising game chickens. They're rubber and you put them on the rooster's spurs to keep them from killing each other when they spar. 

At one "show" there was  fella with a sheet over his cage. He claimed his bird would whoop anybody else's bird. Finally a big mouth guy that had been hitting the bottle pretty hard and had real good birds got tired of hearing him and hollered out he'd put a hundred on it. He agreed and pulled that sheet off to reveal a big ole owl! Big mouth didn't say a word, just paid up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

Buzzards huh.....now it all makes sense.  I see a bunch of fowl circling TW everyplace he goes....and few winged critters too. :ph34r:

Kajun

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

CG:  how did Gut C and Skrap P finish the side matches?

It was very hot and they shot a lot of side matches after already shooting 4 stages of warm ups. It didn't take too long before they decided they'd rather hangout in the shade. So everything stayed how I said it. Skrap P managed to keep his fastest pump shotgun title. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chicken George* said:

It was very hot and they shot a lot of side matches after already shooting 4 stages of warm ups. It didn't take too long before they decided they'd rather hangout in the shade. So everything stayed how I said it. Skrap P managed to keep his fastest pump shotgun title. 

Very Impressive.

Gut C Gunman owns the 4 and 6 shot Cowboy World Record for the 97.......,

His younger brother, Skrap P, uses the 'grab 2' method and has a faster run on the 97.

I understand they both used the same shotgun set up by Outlaw Gambler.   He does

some fine work.

CONGRATULATIONS:  World Champion Speed 97:  Skrap P.

And BOTH of them are planning to be at the TN State this summer.

WHEW..... its gonna be a barn burner.   Red Knee ought not miss this one!

..........Widder

Edited by Widder, SASS #59054
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TW just called me.  Said his pet Buzzard, HiBall, was diagnosed with a common bird

disease called Hinway.    

Thought some of you would want to know.

..........Widder

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

TW just called me.  Said his pet Buzzard, HiBall, was diagnosed with a common bird

disease called Hinway.    

Thought some of you would want to know.

..........Widder

Cap'n BB wants to know what's a Hinway?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Cap'n BB wants to know what's a Hinway?

Well, the little ones usually come in about 1 pound or so. Their meat is real tender.

BUT, some bigger, healthy ones usually weight a lot more.

He'd knowd that ifn he was from Tennessee.

:lol:

..........Widder

Edited by Widder, SASS #59054
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 2/23/2024 at 3:47 PM, Tn Tombstone said:

We stay at the Sale of Champions Horse park.

I do not know what Petey has or has not done to date, but if you will make sure we get a spot I will bring lemon squares & nobody else needs to know.

• Like 1

He has plenty of spots, make sure Pete calls Ray to reserve one. I prepay and go in a day early. Tell him to put you all near Tombstone.

• Like 1

I just got off the phone with Mr. Ray and he assured me that he has now stocked the pond at my lakefront camping spot.  If you anything about that location I don't know if I would want to keep any "fish" that come from the lake.  :ph34r:

Kajun

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/1/2024 at 1:47 PM, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

I will attest that TW may or may not have a ballerina tuutoo and sparkley shoes for Gerta his pet chicken.

Imis

Just to be clear...is the tutu TW's or the chicken?

• Haha 2

As the saying goes, If the tutu fits, wear it.

• Haha 2

I ask TW why he calls it a TuTu and he replied:

"Because I don't know how to spell '3 - 3'".

Once again, a feller just can't make this stuff up.

..........Widder

• Haha 4

I hate to keep asking people to get their entries in but I was in touch with Molly's today and was told I need to get our order in by the middle of next week to have the buckles in for our match. I know several folks are just getting home from EOT but please send your entries as soon as possible. Right now we need 1 more Frontiersman, 1 more Josey Wales and 2 more Senior Gunfighters for those categories to make. We have no Buckaroos, Junior Girls, Classic Cowgirl (Cayenne Kay and Seamus have been at EOT for several weeks and I'm sure they'll be here), Duelist, Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter, Lady Gunfighter or Senior Duelist signed up.

If you're planning to send in an entry please let me know what category so I can make sure and get everything ordered.

Thanks

Randy

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I ask TW why he calls it a TuTu and he replied:

"Because I don't know how to spell '3 - 3'".

Once again, a feller just can't make this stuff up.

..........Widder

I'm purt shore ole TW knows how to spell nein nein.....I'm sure he hears that a lot. B)

Kajun

Edited by Krazy Kajun
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I hate to keep asking people to get their entries in but I was in touch with Molly's today and was told I need to get our order in by the middle of next week to have the buckles in for our match. I know several folks are just getting home from EOT but please send your entries as soon as possible. Right now we need 1 more Frontiersman, 1 more Josey Wales and 2 more Senior Gunfighters for those categories to make. We have no Buckaroos, Junior Girls, Classic Cowgirl (Cayenne Kay and Seamus have been at EOT for several weeks and I'm sure they'll be here), Duelist, Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter, Lady Gunfighter or Senior Duelist signed up.

If you're planning to send in an entry please let me know what category so I can make sure and get everything ordered.

Thanks

Randy

We’re sending our apps in the order we’re shooting the matches. SC is in. AL goes out this week. GA is next followed by TN. Shootin Sharyn (Cowgirl) Kid Flash (Young Gun) and me (Senior) will definitely be there (already rented the AirBnB). Iron Cowboy (Cowboy) will be there, but whether he shoots will depend upon when he has his shoulder surgery and how long it takes to recover.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

We’re sending our apps in the order we’re shooting the matches. SC is in. AL goes out this week. GA is next followed by TN. Shootin Sharyn (Cowgirl) Kid Flash (Young Gun) and me (Senior) will definitely be there (already rented the AirBnB). Iron Cowboy (Cowboy) will be there, but whether he shoots will depend upon when he has his shoulder surgery and how long it takes to recover.

Thanks, I’ll add y’all to my list. Molly’s requires a lot of lead time but I think it will be worth it!

Randy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Thanks, I’ll add y’all to my list. Molly’s requires a lot of lead time but I think it will be worth it!

Randy

Quick question....the Molly buckles you are ordering....who will get the Molly buckles? Category winners only, State Champions only ?

Kajun

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Quick question....the Molly buckles you are ordering....who will get the Molly buckles? Category winners only, State Champions only ?

Kajun

They are for First Place in Category,  Slater is working on Category State Champion buckles.

Thanks

Randy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Right now of the Categories we have someone signed up in we still need 1 Senior Gunfighter, 2 Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter and 1 Josey Wales in order to get the buckles ordered for those categories.

Thanks

Randy

Sorry Randy.

Instead of category Elder Statesman GF or Senior/Silver Senior GF....... I just signed up for

regular ole GF and plan to stick with that category.

Normally,  the TN State has a bunch of folks in ALL the GF categories because its a super

GF friendly match.  Its reputation has been high on GFer's list for many a year.

I'd bet you get more to sign up in each area of the GF categories.

See ya soon.

..........Widder

• Like 2

Sorry Randy.

Instead of category Elder Statesman GF or Senior/Silver Senior GF....... I just signed up for

regular ole GF and plan to stick with that category.

Normally,  the TN State has a bunch of folks in ALL the GF categories because its a super

GF friendly match.  Its reputation has been high on GFer's list for many a year.

I'd bet you get more to sign up in each area of the GF categories.

See ya soon.

..........Widder

Hopefully I'll get one more Senior Gunfighter signed up soon and I'll be good in the smokeless gunfighter categories.

Thanks

Randy

• Like 1

Hey Chicken George,

When are you gonna get your sons a couple SxS shotguns.   Its only fair for them to have

a good SxS.    If they start practicing now with their SxS, they should be pretty good at the

TN State and maybe whoop up on TN Williams.

;)

..........Widder

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

TN State application information:

Its rumored (and I don't know where this rumor started) that the original

application for the TN State had a "Please don't put me on a Posse with.........."

space but when TW found out about it, he had them remove it because he

didn't want to be the only one on his Posse.   He hates picking up his own brass.

I wish folks wouldn't start these kind of rumors.   Everybody knows that TW has

good friends....... and BOTH of them would be on his Posse!

..........Widder

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

59 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

application for the TN State had a "Please don't put me on a Posse with.........."

didn't want to be the only one on his Posse.   He hates picking up his own brass.

..........Widder

I think just watching TW and Widder go after each other would be worth the price of admission, kind of like watching a train wreck, you can't look away.   They kind of remind me of Laurel and Hardy.

Throw in a topnotch match, great folks, great awards and great door prizes and it's a heck of a deal. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Breaking News:

Actually just wanted to change the direction of the thread for a moment

We will be offering RO I at the TN State again this year, I should be teaching this time, Thursday 9:00 in the school house.

Now back to the previously scheduled entertainment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

..........Widder

For the record, on my application, I indicated that I’d take one for the team and posse with TW, Widder and Slater. That has to be worth something.

La Sombra

(For the record, I was on the posse with all three last year. It was extremely fun.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

I sure do appreciate you taking up for me and setting the record straight! That's mighty good friending right there. Matter of fact, I appreciate it so much I won't tell anybody about your hemorrhoid surgery you're having tomorrow or about that time you got to 2nd base with your double first cousin Martha. :ph34r:

• Haha 3

No problem, TW.   

But I don't understand why you want those hemi's in a jar unless you plan to

substitute them for a chickens foot for Capt BB.

Cousin Martha joined the Convent.   She said to tell you 'HI'.

She ask if you still run out of gas every time you drive down a country road

at night..... :o

..........Widder

• Haha 3