SASS Wire Forum

2024 Tennessee State Championship

On 12/10/2023 at 5:58 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Older and not wiser ME plans to be there.  Will there be a 'rocking chair' stage?

:lol:

..........Widder

IF there is a minimum of FIVE pre registered ten days in advance of the match…;)

• Haha 2

Well, I checked and there is NO 'Rocky Chair' category.   Soooooooo, I signed up for just plain 'Gunfighter'.

The application and check were put in the mail today so its official now.   Looking forward to all the

fun activities again and seeing lots of friends.

..........Widder

• Like 3

We are working on getting Molly’s buckles for 1st in Categories this year. They have a pretty good lead time so I’m needing to know what categories we will have enough shooters in so I can get them ordered. If you plan to shoot with us but haven’t sent in your application please do so as soon as you can.  I don’t want to have to mail buckles out later.

Thanks

Randy

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

@Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 is this year's match gonna be chicken foot, hoodoo and mountain magic free? (asking for a friend) :lol:

Kajun

I can’t say about the chickens feet because I see a different one about every time I go to the range. I was told that if you didn’t bring any voodoo there wouldn’t be and hoodoo:P

Randy

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

@Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 is this year's match gonna be chicken foot, hoodoo and mountain magic free? (asking for a friend) :lol:

Kajun

I aint falling for that crap again! A year or two ago you swore you wouldn't bring any voodoo hexins, so I was light on my mountain man hoodoo. Not this year! I'm pulling out all the stops. I been digging ginseng and cuttin' chicken feet off. Not to mention all the rocks I've spit under!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Not worrying at all. Got my Gris-gris piece to ward off all y’all fake stuff. Gonna have to up y’all’s game.

La Sombra

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, La Sombra said:

Not worrying at all. Got my Gris-gris piece to ward off all y’all fake stuff. Gonna have to up y’all’s game.

La Sombra

57 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Anybody worried about me should look real hard at y'all.

Imis

Y'all have tiny hats

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Y'all have tiny hats

That’s tin foil hats!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I heeeered tell a rumor that TW is gonna sponsor one of those 'port a potties' this year and call it the

"DQ King Castle".    I don't think any chicken foot, possum pecker bone, or Coonass Cajun VooDoo Sauce

is ever gonna get the best of ole TW.   He tells me that 2024 is the year of the Boogyman.

..........Widder

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I heeeered tell a rumor that TW is gonna sponsor one of those 'port a potties' this year and call it the

"DQ King Castle".    I don't think any chicken foot, possum pecker bone, or Coonass Cajun VooDoo Sauce

is ever gonna get the best of ole TW.   He tells me that 2024 is the year of the Boogyman.

..........Widder

Unfortunately right now work seems to be getting the best of Ole TW.

Randy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

Ole TW'll put sumpin' on ya that Grandma's lye soap won't take off. :blink:

Kajun

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 2/9/2024 at 1:49 PM, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

We are working on getting Molly’s buckles for 1st in Categories this year. They have a pretty good lead time so I’m needing to know what categories we will have enough shooters in so I can get them ordered. If you plan to shoot with us but haven’t sent in your application please do so as soon as you can.  I don’t want to have to mail buckles out later.

Thanks

Randy

I have 24 Categories locked in but there are quite a few more I'm sure will make. Last year 44 categories that had enough shooters  to make this year. Don't forget we're the last leg of the Magnificent 7 again so please get your entries in early so I can get buckles ordered in time. So far we only have 2 Classic Cowboys, 2 Frontier Cartridge Duelists,  1 Frontiersman,  1 Josey Wales, 1 Outlaw, 1 Senior Gunfighter,  1 Silver Senior Duelist, 2 Silver Senior Gunfighter and 2 Wranglers. We need to get all these categories up to 3 so I can get the buckles ordered.

Thanks

Randy

15 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Randy,

I've gotten my confirmation for 'Gunfighter'...... but I doubt I'll be in the running for any buckle.

..........Widder

Thanks, we've got 4 in Gunfighter already.

Randy

• Like 1

And I’m one of two Frontier Cartridge Duelists. I’d be happy to be in 2nd Place. :D

La Sombra

• Like 1

Right now we have 86 signed up in 35 Categories. 7 of those need one or two more shooters for the category to make. I know several people are at or headed to EOT (good luck to all of y’all) please get in your applications as soon as possible.

Randy 

Who's attending Main Match 05312024.pdf

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2024 at 8:32 AM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

They ain't nothing wrong with Capt BB.   He's got a heart of gold.

Like you've said before, he can't shoot....... but he does have a good heart.   And his family is always

fun to shoot with.

..........Widder

How did I miss this post? ‘Can’t shoot’? Them’s fighten words! Just for that I’m going to encourage Iron Cowboy to whoop up on both of you. Assuming he’s healed up in time.

• Haha 3

Theres a slight chance that TW won't be shooting the TN State ifn his arm tendons, etc..... don't heal up.

I hate talking about someones medical issues, BUT..... the Doc has him wearing splints on his arms right now to

see if that will help heal his issues.

As for me..... I ain't skeeeert of nobody what shoots a SxS..... :lol:

..........Widder

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Iron Cowboy is having surgery for a torn labrum so he may be out too.

OUCH.  I hate to hear about that.   Make sure he heals right and get him back on the firing line

in tip top shape.   He's a top shooter.

..........Widder

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I just reserved a nice place in Bell Buckle.  I haven't told the Cowboy @Widder, SASS #59054 and @Tennessee williams were trash talking his 'old' man yet, but I will for sure.

You're out of the loop. He's the one what put us up to it!

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Theres a slight chance that TW won't be shooting the TN State ifn his arm tendons, etc..... don't heal up.

I hate talking about someones medical issues, BUT..... the Doc has him wearing splints on his arms right now to

see if that will help heal his issues.

As for me..... I ain't skeeeert of nobody what shoots a SxS..... :lol:

..........Widder

I just tole someone today I wasn't above taking these splits off long enough to whoop their azz. I hated to get angry, but I think she learned her lesson.

I should be out of these splits in plenty time to get ready for THE TN State match.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

I just tole someone today I wasn't above taking these splits off long enough to whoop their azz. I hated to get angry, but I think she learned her lesson.

I should be out of these splits in plenty time to get ready for THE TN State match.  

Well, I guess that showed Mrs. Williams who's really the boss.  She'll realized those stints aren't a big handicap.

..........Widder

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Why do I feel I'm being set up?  All this talk about TW's handicaps makes me suspicious....

He probably had some of those Widder Humming Bird thumbs installed.  All this talk about tendons is just misdirection.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Why do I feel I'm being set up?  All this talk about TW's handicaps makes me suspicious....

YYY, Capt BB, what do you mean?

Does this mean we can't be friend anymore?

Do you really think TW is gonna show up at the TN State as a Huckleberry?

And worse than that...... do you think a Southern Gentleman would stoop so low as to conspire with him?

Never.   Well, almost never.

..........Widder

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

YYY, Capt BB, what do you mean?

Does this mean we can't be friend anymore?

Do you really think TW is gonna show up at the TN State as a Huckleberry?

And worse than that...... do you think a Southern Gentleman would stoop so low as to conspire with him?

Never.   Well, almost never.

..........Widder

methinks thou dost protest too much

• Like 1
  • Haha 3