SASS Wire Forum

2024 Tennessee State Championship

16 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Don't be surprised if some spirited (fast) 87 and SxS shooters also put up some respectable times.

Looks like Red Knee (The Oklahoma Tornado) will be missing the party this year.   Sure  gonna miss his show.

And looking at the list of shooters, I counted no less than 6 or 7 top SG shooters

that can make their favored SG sing... in the key of 'boom'.  ;)

And one of those is a top shooting Cowgirl.

Heck, I'm just surprised Superman ain't sent in his application yet.  :lol:

You're definitely right (as usual). Duke Skywalker has the SxS world record. We might as well call it the speed shotgun championship of the universe. Do you have Red Knee's address? We may have to stop by on our way out, hog-tie him and throw him in the back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got Red Knee's address somewhere but I probably can't find it right now.

I used it a couple times to send him some SNICKER candy bars for Christmas.

He Loves SNICKER bars.

If the TN State were to award a years supply of SNICKER bars to the SG Side Match speed winner,

Red Knee would probably show up and beat everyone.

CG:  tell Gut C and Skrap P to be at their best.   I plan to show no mercy and take no 

prisoners..... :lol:

The State record for 6 KD's is 4.24 seconds.   If they beat that, I'll give them a box of

AA's Low Noise, Low Recoil. (25 round box).

..........Widder

• Like 2

I know this post is 'stealing' the thread, but I gotta share this with the

Wire Pards.

For about 4 or 5 years now, TW and I will get together to sell a gun or swap a gun, etc.....

and in the process, we usually meet somewhere we can have a good meal.

Now, for all these times we've met,  TW would always order 3 beers.   Really.

And A couple years back, I ask him.....'WHY do you always order 3 beers'?

TW told me that when his 2 brothers moved out west (Texas and Montana), they

agreed to have a beer for each other when they were able.  The 2 extra beers were 

to honor his brothers..... and they in turn did the same when they were somewhere to

get a drink.

Anyhow, last week, TW and I met in Murfreesboro cause I was buying a nice varmint

scope from him.   

At the restaurant, TW only orders 2 beers.   Naturally, in my best somber voice, I

expressed my condolences on what appeared to be that one of his brothers had

passed away.

TW says:   Oh No!   its nothing like that.  You see, my wife made me join a Baptist

Church and now I can't have one for myself".     :lol:

Another true story..... cause you just can't make this stuff up!

..........Widder

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Ole TW always goes undercover when he goes to a liquor store.....Baptists don't recognize anybody when they are in the liquor store. :lol:

Kajun  (what is a Baptist but only imbibes occasionally for medicinal purposes only)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/24/2024 at 7:00 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I know this post is 'stealing' the thread, but I gotta share this with the

Wire Pards.

For about 4 or 5 years now, TW and I will get together to sell a gun or swap a gun, etc.....

and in the process, we usually meet somewhere we can have a good meal.

Now, for all these times we've met,  TW would always order 3 beers.   Really.

And A couple years back, I ask him.....'WHY do you always order 3 beers'?

TW told me that when his 2 brothers moved out west (Texas and Montana), they

agreed to have a beer for each other when they were able.  The 2 extra beers were 

to honor his brothers..... and they in turn did the same when they were somewhere to

get a drink.

Anyhow, last week, TW and I met in Murfreesboro cause I was buying a nice varmint

scope from him.   

At the restaurant, TW only orders 2 beers.   Naturally, in my best somber voice, I

expressed my condolences on what appeared to be that one of his brothers had

passed away.

TW says:   Oh No!   its nothing like that.  You see, my wife made me join a Baptist

Church and now I can't have one for myself".     :lol:

Another true story..... cause you just can't make this stuff up!

..........Widder

I'm forced to order a beer and a shot of bourbon now. The Texas brother swapped over to Catholic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

TW can breathe a sigh of relief. The speed demon of the Burt Bunch will be on the sidelines for this match. TW should have no problem beating up on an old two handed shooter. 

Hope his recovery goes well. 

Randy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

TW can breathe a sigh of relief. The speed demon of the Burt Bunch will be on the sidelines for this match. TW should have no problem beating up on an old two handed shooter. 

Let him know WE ALL hope he has a complete and quick recovery.   

As for TW, ya gotta remember that he's a little hindered hisowndangself with those 2 bad

forearms.   He's still wearing splints a few hours a day and I doubt he'll do much practicing

before the match.   I think his 'Chicken Feet' curse has backfired on him..... :lol:

CAPT:  hope to see you at the Ocoee Rangers tomorrow.

..........Widder

• Like 2

Hope to see some of you characters at Alabama next week!

• Like 2

Regretably, I won't be there.

That club is one of the nicest clubs I've ever visited and during the winter months, TW and I

were actually planning to be there for the Alabama State.    BUT, his arm injury (actually both

of them) and my having to pay taxes a couple weeks back, hinders making the trip.

Slater and I are planning to make the Regional again.   Great match, venue, folks, etc.....

and we have a lot of fun down there.   If TW's arms improve, my guess is that he'll 

try to make the Regional also.    

One other item of importance:   TW has to notify the Alabama State Police approx 30 days

prior to any visits he makes to Alabama.   I think it has something to do with warning all

the lovely Moms and College girls..... :lol:

..........Widder

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Good shooting with you today @Widder, SASS #59054! It’s always fun to watch you run that ‘97! If it will help get you to Alabama State I can offer you a bunk close to the range, no charge! If not, I’ll see you at the Reckoning!!

BUT..... in the end, ya got me by 2.49 seconds.   If we only had another stage with 6 KD's..... :lol:

Actually, it was great to shoot with you and Shootin Sharon today.  We both were clean and

sub 100.   I'll take that anytime.

I hope to be a tad more gamey at the Reckoning...... but I suppose you will be also.

Congrats on your #1 today.   There were some fast competitors there that shot pretty good.

Thanks for the offer but I won't be able to make Alabama St.

See ya soon.

..........Widder

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I hope to be a tad more gamey at the Reckoning...... but I suppose you will be also.

Widder, if you wanted to be more gamey you should have helped me open my pool yesterday. I was real gamey by the time I finished!:rolleyes:

Randy

• Haha 3