SASS Wire Forum

Army-Navy Game Week!

It's that time of year again.  The regular season is over.  Pundits are debating Alabama, Florida State, or Texas.  Coaches get fired, creating space for others to move up a tier or two.  Players rush to the portal and NIL dollars in the new way of big time college football.

And then there's Army-Navy...

Army Navy pic.jpeg

I don't want to start a firestorm,  but it's West Point vs the Naval Academy, not Army /Navy.  West Point never represented me during my 20 years on active duty, they represent other West Point and Naval Academy graduates.  They are college football players who will be in the Army when they graduate,  just like all the ROTC folks.

19 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Weird hill to stand on for a squid , I win either way Marine and Army LOL

Every time I root for a team they lose. ;)

Military families who booked rooms in Foxboro, Massachusetts, which is the site of the 124th installment of this storied college football bout at Gillette Stadium, are getting cancelation notices from hotels that are being used by the state to house migrants.

Army-Navy game hotel rooms given away to migrants (americanmilitarynews.com)

5 hours ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Military families who booked rooms in Foxboro, Massachusetts, which is the site of the 124th installment of this storied college football bout at Gillette Stadium, are getting cancelation notices from hotels that are being used by the state to house migrants.

I cannot fathom why the powers that be decided upon Boston, of all places, to hold this game. It's not close to either school and has no ties to either one.  Now the state is giving the finger to families in favor of illegal aliens. Sad state of affairs, but after all, it's Massachusetts, no great friend to our military anyway. And to the gentleman who complained about the name of the game being Army-Navy and not West Point vs. US Naval Academy, it's been the Army-Navy game since the first game. 

PF

22 hours ago, Redleg Reilly, SASS #46372 said:

I don't want to start a firestorm,  but it's West Point vs the Naval Academy, not Army /Navy.  West Point never represented me during my 20 years on active duty, they represent other West Point and Naval Academy graduates.  They are college football players who will be in the Army when they graduate,  just like all the ROTC folks.

It's been the Army-Navy game ever since the first game was played. I appreciate your Army service, but I'm sorry you're such a grouch.

PF

Didn’t get to watch the game.We had tornadoes and tornado warnings all afternoon and the local TV station put on a non stop, no commercial, four plus hour weather report that, to the best of my knowledge, is STILL going on!!

Congratulations ARMY!

well , i have mixed affections as my father was army air corp in WWII , my wifes father was submarine service navy in the cold war , and two of my BILs were naval academy , ill just watch and wait to see , but i love all the hoppla around it , sad about the accommodations fiasco with the current illegal immigrant situation , thats inexcusable 

On 12/5/2023 at 11:58 AM, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Migrants my ass. What are they ducks?

Archived