SASS Wire Forum

Most common birthday

Rye Miles #13621

I'm 215th down the list: The Ides of March.  Used to be the day your income taxes were due, too.

When I was about fourteen I asked my Dad why the tax day was changed.  He told me that the government decided that we couldn't stand three disasters on the same day and they could do anything about the Ides Of Match and my birthday so the moved the only one left.  That information dang near stunted my growth.

Looks like my birthday is the rarest of the year, and in Edmonton, Alberta* to boot!

Hard to get any better than that!

* GOD's country

Mine's #313, Mar 31. My dad used to say, Are we sure he wasn't born on April fools?? :lol:

10 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

6 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

"Happy" New Year!!!!!:D

Christmas Present?

One too many cocktails for New Years?

6 hours ago, MizPete said:

FIL was born on Christmas eve; my dad on Christmas day.  It's tough, competing with Jesus.

Right? My poor mom kinda got cheated although we did have a Christmas eve/Birthday celebration for her every year!

#41. July 16.

I asked my mom one time if I was a 'Good luck at deer camp' or a 'Welcome home from deer camp!' baby. She just turned red and said "Probably both..." The Michigan opener for deer has been November 15th since probably the 50's.

# 321 December 7th

At the 1962? World’s Fair in Flushing Meadow, NY, there was an exhibit that would provide a list of famous people born on your birthday. As I remember it, “Mary Queen of Scots” was born on my birthday. As I’m part Scot on my Mother’s side I was impressed by that vague relationship. 
In my youth there was much more made of the anniversary of the attack on Peal Harbor than there is today. When I was an elementary school student the teacher would always remind everyone that it was a sad date in history.

CJ

Archived