SASS Wire Forum

Spirit of the Game

Lawdog Dago Dom

For almost 2 years, Shortcake and I have worked with 3 of our grandsons to join us in SASS matches. We told them that the cowboy way is the way to become a good person. You use please and thank you, ma’am and sir. And if you don’t work at a match, you don’t shoot. This year they did it again and the kind folks at Marshfield, Missouri exceeded our expectations. Posse 3 voted unanimously to give all three boys the Spirit of the Game award. We were all surprised! The ovation by all at the ceremony was beyond heartwarming. It was a match we will always cherish. Thank you so much fellow shooters for your kindness.

From left, Grahambino, Shortcake, Pinhead, and Clay County Kid.

95ADC724-5D80-4107-9183-1F232049BB02.jpeg

Congrats.  Doesn't get much better than that.

Congrats! They have good role models! 

Outstanding!!!! 

Excellent!  The joy of working with kids and shooting is why I am still a hunter safety instructor going on thirty years.  Good for you folks!  SB

Lawdog,

You and Shortcake should be very proud of your grandsons. All three shot safe, shot well, and possed up all weekend brassing, etc., consistently demonstrating "Spirit of the Game." I enjoyed being TO when they were shooting, and I look forward to shooting with them in the future.

Archived