SASS Wire Forum

It's Almost Friday Humor Thread

Subdeacon Joe

5 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

FB_IMG_1700851774838.thumb.jpg.0f8fc4b7632f48e7ec9b9d7e2b2af334.jpg

FB_IMG_1700852352492.jpg.39368bf571bfe37a7026fd8b26a929a3.jpg

As for the first, not sure how I missed you at Thanksgiving dinner or how you snuck a camera into the house but very accurate!
In the second are you trying to say that is NOT the cast of of the original GOT? Next you will be claiming the number of the Holy Hand Grenade is not three, nay you will put forth that it is four! 
Blasphemy sez I !!!

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

In the second are you trying to say that is NOT the cast of of the original GOT? Next you will be claiming the number of the Holy Hand Grenade is not three, nay you will put forth that it is four! 
Blasphemy sez I !!!

Nay, Good Sir, Gentle Pard!  The Sacred Number being three, and three being the Sacred Number, the number of the count shall always be three when pertaining to things sacred, and three shall always, when referring to things sacred, be the number of the count, unless thou countest to the next Sacred Number, that being the number of Forty, The which should not be confused with our beloved Forty which being translated is also Furlong, which would for the Holy Hand Grenade be both silly and dangerous.
Neither shall the count tarry at two, nor continue to four, unless thou then proceedest to the Sacred Number of Forty. 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

D216973F-80DB-4B03-893A-E846535BCA86.jpeg

JUST…

walk away!

• Haha 4

A blonde burnette and a redhead all agree that they are going to have a swimming contest to see who is the fastest swimmmer across a lake. they all agree that they are going to use breaststroke to race the redhead comes in first with an hour and a half the bunette comes in second with two hours and the blonde comes finally in last with 4 hours. she walks up to the judges stand and says i hate to be a sore loser but i think the other two girls were using their arms

• Haha 5

There is, as I understand it, a form of rock and roll that comes from Korea. It is known as K-pop. I am going to assume that the people in the top image are a K-pop band.

As to which one - I have no clue.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Alpo said:

There is, as I understand it, a form of rock and roll that comes from Korea. It is known as K-pop. I am going to assume that the people in the top image are a K-pop band.

As to which one - I have no clue.

Not a band. Photo from the 1992 LA riots. When the rioters attacked Korea Town, rather than call 911 the residents took up arms and defended their homes and businesses. 

When seconds count the police are minutes away. In this case the police were days away and the Korea Town residents exercised their 2nd Amendment rights. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Samuel Clemens, Mark Twain, was quite sickly in his first ten years.

When Twain’s mother was in her 80s, he asked her about his early years of ill health and whether she was “uneasy” about him. “Yes, the whole time,” she replied. “Afraid I wouldn’t live?” asked Twain. “No,” she said, “afraid you would.” 

• Haha 5

46 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Not a band. Photo from the 1992 LA riots. When the rioters attacked Korea Town, rather than call 911 the residents took up arms and defended their homes and businesses. 

When seconds count the police are minutes away. In this case the police were days away and the Korea Town residents exercised their 2nd Amendment rights. 

That's the bottom picture. Joe expressed confusion about the top picture. The boys and the girls with the blonde and the purple hair.

Many people don't know a relentless horde of rabbits once attacked Napoleon. There are a couple of versions of this story. Most agree it happened in July 1807, after Napoleon signed the Treaties of Tilsit (which ended the war between the French Empire and Imperial Russia). Looking to celebrate, the emperor proposed a rabbit hunt, asking Chief of Staff Alexandre Berthier to make it happen. But something strange happened. When Berthier released the rabbits from their cages, they didn't scurry in fright. Instead, they bounded toward Napoleon and his men. Hundreds of fuzzy bunnies gunned it for the world's most powerful man.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Many people don't know a relentless horde of rabbits once attacked Napoleon. There are a couple of versions of this story. Most agree it happened in July 1807, after Napoleon signed the Treaties of Tilsit (which ended the war between the French Empire and Imperial Russia). Looking to celebrate, the emperor proposed a rabbit hunt, asking Chief of Staff Alexandre Berthier to make it happen. But something strange happened. When Berthier released the rabbits from their cages, they didn't scurry in fright. Instead, they bounded toward Napoleon and his men. Hundreds of fuzzy bunnies gunned it for the world's most powerful man.

..... so, that part of "Monty Python's Holy Grail" wasn't all that fictional ?  :huh:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

"Monty Python's Holy Grail" was fictional?

Are you sure?

I was sure that I read in that great historian Sir Thomas Malory's Le Morte d'Arthur, how "a moist bint flung a scimitar at him".

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I have no idea who the people in the top image are.

FB_IMG_1701052301334.thumb.jpg.1283785604ec834ec69e3df7b0d82778.jpg

Top pic is K-pop band Ikon.

Bottom pic is LA riots.

Meme mashed up and making the rounds in various forms because K-pop idol Jinhwan has enlisted a few months ago.  I heard two members were enlisting, but can only find this at at moment:

https://www.indiatoday.in/korean-wave/story/ikons-jinhwan-starts-his-military-enlistment-informs-fans-on-instagram-2403440-2023-07-07.

Edited by John Kloehr
  • Thanks 4

53 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Pic1.jpg

I’d be dead from alcohol poisoning!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4