SASS Wire Forum

A talented lady......if you're single

Buckshot Bear

I recall a lass, rather hefty and sweaty Freulein as I recall, bringing eleven mugs of Bavaria’s best and freshest brew and two loaves bread to our table during Oktoberfest. We asked where she carried the bread. She said “under my arms of course.”

Oh YES.... 

This really happened.

1982'ish...

Skyliner (Restraunt/Lounge)

It was at the Airport in Farmington, NM...but the best Rock bands and Steak for miles around.;)

10:30 pm...place is packed, 

I head from the bar with a tray full of highballs on one hand, and a fist full of longknecks in the other.

The uper decks had a slight 2 step rise, and...

Missing the top step, I was able to swivel around...somehow landing in a half split, not a drink spilt, tray still at my shoulder.

After the laughter and applause stopped, I kindly asked the cute guy at the table nearest me to please take the tray...he did.

And then to take the longknecks...he did.

And then I asked if he wouldn't mind turning his head toward the wall, that I might save a bit of dignity getting up. He did.

I remember my tips being really nice that evening!!!

I wonder if anyone else remembers that night??:wub:

Miz Sue, I've long known women were creatures of grace, skill and ability.

Your experience -- startling though it was -- proves yet again that you are truly a remarkable soul!

Well done indeed!

I am going to guess the Octoberfest women can crack walnuts with their bare hands.

30 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Oh YES.... 

This really happened.

1982'ish...

Skyliner (Restraunt/Lounge)

It was at the Airport in Farmington, NM...but the best Rock bands and Steak for miles around.;)

10:30 pm...place is packed, 

I head from the bar with a tray full of highballs on one hand, and a fist full of longknecks in the other.

The uper decks had a slight 2 step rise, and...

Missing the top step, I was able to swivel around...somehow landing in a half split, not a drink spilt, tray still at my shoulder.

After the laughter and applause stopped, I kindly asked the cute guy at the table nearest me to please take the tray...he did.

And then to take the longknecks...he did.

And then I asked if he wouldn't mind turning his head toward the wall, that I might save a bit of dignity getting up. He did.

I remember my tips being really nice that evening!!!

I wonder if anyone else remembers that night??:wub:

That was a popular place back then , Farmington just kinda keeps hanging in there not much else anymore ( Lived on La Plata as a kid till first year of HS  graduated In Cuba )

45 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

..... these Lovely Ladies is cheating ........... they's using handles .........   :wub::blush::wub:

I liter glass mugs. Dang right they use handles. ;)

44 minutes ago, Buckshot Sheridan said:

She’ll eventually make it out of the minor league. 

4ED73FAF-5A48-41AF-8C8F-B197E07DC3E3.jpeg.2b1d1d2f06c826bff730b4b919aee6f8.jpeg9D5EAE32-F05C-439E-9CCA-7C8CDBCD8017.jpeg.dff8e4a05c4ea9484825a3bbd1325617.jpeg

I see the Hoffbrau Haus has updated their 1 liter beer containers.  In 1971 they were heavy glazed pottery.  I was in the 1st AD and I got a short day off during Reforger when the Division bivouaced near Munchen.  You certainly didn't want to insult the HB haus's busty serving wenches.  They looked like they could open a can of woopass on a skinny 20 something GI.

1 hour ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

That was a popular place back then , Farmington just kinda keeps hanging in there not much else anymore ( Lived on La Plata as a kid till first year of HS  graduated In Cuba )

My fav Steakhouse back then was Coyotes Den...course, I think that was Greg Hamilton's brother who owned it, right?

Cuba??? What culture shock was that!

1 hour ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

I started working for Bob and Greg my Jr. year of HS.

Was hostess...

Then at 19, started opening waitress (the 4:30am to 1:30pm)

Off to SJC after...

Then at 21 I would barback, sometimes run the corner-back bar.

I recall we were busiest whe Penetrator was in town.

All the girls came to see the band (Chris more so) and all the boys came 'cuz that was where the girls were.

I ended up Managing it for a bit...also RMRC...

Worked Chelseas for a short while...

All in all I worked for Bob and Greg for 17 years!

14 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

My fav Steakhouse back then was Coyotes Den...course, I think that was Greg Hamilton's brother who owned it, right?

Cuba??? What culture shock was that!

My aunts Husband owned Chef Bernies , (truck stop )in Farmington .
Cuba , NM halfway between Albuquerque and Farmington  No stoplights  and the Tastee Freeze a Chili Dog came with green Chile unless you told them the otherway .

7 minutes ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

My aunts Husband owned Chef Bernies , (truck stop )in Farmington .
Cuba , NM halfway between Albuquerque and Farmington  No stoplights  and the Tastee Freeze a Chili Dog came with green Chile unless you told them the otherway .

My Daddy (Jim 'Dub' Shockley) built Chef Bernie's fireplace:wub:

Okay...we gotta release this thread to it's local owner!!! Want to chat, I'm on MeWe or you can

singinsue1.1@gmail.com

Just now, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

My Daddy (Jim 'Dub' Shockley built Chef Bernie's fireplace:wub:

Okay...we gotta release this thread to it's local owner!!! Want to chat, I'm on MeWe or you can

singinsue1.1@gmail.com

OT is fine Sue :)

2 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Y'all probably say " now don't she EVER shut up?"

Buckshot Sheridan, I warn ya!:ph34r:

Folks been asking that about me for 80 years.  I almost never do unless I'm asleep or in a dentist's chair.

Rave on, Lady!  Jus rave on!

3 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Y'all probably say " now don't she EVER shut up?"

Buckshot Sheridan, I warn ya!:ph34r:

I would never say such a thing…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Archived