SASS Wire Forum

Needing part for 550 dillon

When I purchased my used SDB, I thought that it was missing the cap too. Did you check the low primer sensor? On mine the cap was inserted into the low primer sensor. Just an idea.

44 minutes ago, Red Eye Jim said:

Dillon is getting a little hardcore about supporting equipment bought second hand.

There might also be a difference in support for a missing part on a used press, versus a worn out part.

There is only one cap for both sizes of primers.

Slim is correct one cap is all you get,not one for large one for small.  

i've had dillon both charge me and send for free. Seems to depend on who answers the phone.

On 8/25/2021 at 5:04 PM, Red Eye Jim said:

Dillon is getting a little hardcore about supporting equipment bought second hand.

I have recently found this to be quite true

On 8/25/2021 at 6:04 PM, Red Eye Jim said:

How would they know you bought it used unless you told them? They’ve never asked me!!

8 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

How would they know you bought it used unless you told them? They’ve never asked me!!

When I called for support on my 9000 and they looked me up they didn't see a 9000 on my account.  They were willing to help me with "some" parts, but setup help was *not* included and I think I had to pay for one of the parts at the time.  That was 3 years ago.

Ok - so did you get the piece you were looking for or are you still trying to find one for free?

1 hour ago, Red Eye Jim said:

When I called for support on my 9000 and they looked me up they didn't see a 9000 on my account.  They were willing to help me with "some" parts, but setup help was *not* included and I think I had to pay for one of the parts at the time.  That was 3 years ago.

I never bought either of my machines from Dillon, I bought one from a gun shop brand new and one used from someone and never ever had a problem getting parts or help. I wonder if they changed since Mike Dillon passed away. 

Archived