Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

A Watershed Sign


Recommended Posts

Aahhh... The Great Divide.  :)

 

Reminds me of that old The Band song of that title ~ ain't got a thing to do with the actual Great Divide, but still a good tune.  ^_^

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

a product of our current educational system i fear - keep it between the buoys , know which is green and which is red or youll end up on the rocks , 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The divide runs through Fort Wayne. I had to deal with different discharge regulations depending on which side my plants were on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, watab kid said:

a product of our current educational system i fear - keep it between the buoys , know which is green and which is red or youll end up on the rocks , 

Left / port is red.  Right / Starboard is right.

 

Left, port, and red each have fewer letters than right, starboard, and green.

 

Courtesy of Mel Swenson, a Boy Scout leader when I was a kid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have a divide of sorts where I work. Some of the water flows south and into a private lake resort. Some flows south east and bypasses the lake. The rest flows east and bypasses the lake as well.  No construction on the 600 plus acres is allowed to change the percentage of water that flows into each of the drainage outlets. The most touchy being the amount of water flowing into the lake.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Riddle 

Is it the bulb or the lense that makes the port running light green?

Neither, it 's envy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/23/2021 at 9:43 AM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Left / port is red.  Right / Starboard is right.

 

Left, port, and red each have fewer letters than right, starboard, and green.

 

Courtesy of Mel Swenson, a Boy Scout leader when I was a kid. 

When I'm teaching sailing, I use port wine is red.  Most sailors have no problems remembering something related to alcohol. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I lived a while in Bavaria on the Uncle’s nickel. There was a hand pump and watering trough in a local park that sat on a slight hill. 
 

Water that flowed out one side eventually got to the Elbe River and North Sea. The other side went to the Danube and Black Sea. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/23/2021 at 9:08 AM, Michigan Slim said:

The divide runs through Fort Wayne. I had to deal with different discharge regulations depending on which side my plants were on. 

I’m from Hicksville.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.