• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

12 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

Good haha, but the pocket watch was invented in 1510.

In the 1800s, railroads had a really bad track (bad punny) record of running into each other, mainly due to each town having its own sense of time.

This did get fixed in the 1800s (ad pocket washes was a critical component of establishing agreed upon time across a "zone"), which gives some credibility to the meme, except the significance of 5 o'clock did not exist until after the end of prohibition. Up until prohibition, most folks were drunk all the time.

And for good reason, sanitation and control of sewage did not exist until then so most folks had a perpetual brewage running to mix with "fresh" water, this made "fresh" water safe to drink. yes it is complicated.

Yeah, I knew that watches had been around for a long time before that, but it was too good to pass up.  I also knew that someone would take issue with the dates, but I had expected it to be Alpo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Yeah, I knew that watches had been around for a long time before that, but it was too good to pass up.  I also knew that someone would take issue with the dates, but I had expected it to be Alpo!

Nope. Alpo would have commented on the statement implying that people had been invented in 1867!:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Nope. Alpo would have commented on the statement implying that people had been invented in 1867!:P

Yeah that's the way it read to me too. But I let it slide. Joe catches enough grief about his electric car. Don't want to give him any more problems.

Cat3.thumb.jpg.f0ccd6ec6a3cf9708fd843ebcc54b07f.jpg

• Haha 6

24 minutes ago, Alpo said:

meme argue.jpg

Your carrot may have Peyronie's Disease.

But do not be alarmed.

There is a treatment.

Watch for it on TV.  :blink:

Or click here______ :blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

image.png.316cae29622a6cf7af8fb9fce16631e7.png

Sometimes, if the road is rough and you're going fast enough, the couch will slide around and knock the table out of position. Then you have to move the furniture back where it belongs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2