SASS Wire Forum

Shop Walmart? Or not?

Lawdog Dago Dom

Not surprised at all, as I said earlier today on another thread.

There's going to be a debate, there already IS a debate, on them EBRs whether or not he "calls" for one.

The question is whether or not Walmart will cave to the antis and pull their firearms and ammo from all their stores.

Walmart does have good prices on target ammo. 100, 200, 500 round boxes of 9mm. Bulk .223 as well as a plethora of 45 acp, etc. I kinda like using my anti 2A Visa card at a anti 2A company to buy pro 2A goodies. ;)

They other reason to shop Walmart is cat litter.

Well, at least here Walmart carries International Delights White Chocolate Raspberry coffee creamer, but Kroger doesn't....they also used to carry the Amaretto but don't anymore, dang it.....the flavors Kroger does have just aren't as good.....:unsure:

As I said in the other WalMart thread, I stopped going to WM when they enacted a ban on guns and ammo for people under 21. We can send our kids 18 and over to battle zones but they can't come home and buy some .22 ammo until they're 21! Screw you WM!!!:angry:

Out here in the country WM sells long guns along with lots of ammo. Also, WM is the only store we have, so where else ya gonna go without making a 200 mile round trip? Of course locals buy guns from the local gun store. 

Walmart could take a lesson from the bottom line of Dick's Sporting Goods.

We also get cat litter, groceries and 22LR from Walmart.
If you have old Midway or FedEx shipping boxes, you can fill 'em with used cat litter and leave for the porch pirates, like we do here in CA.

Wal Mart saved my wife’s life. Her insulin was costing us $1500 a month we couldn’t afford it and she wasn’t taking it (she hid that from me) and it was killing her. I discovered that Wal Mart could provide her insulin for $150 which we can easily afford and all is well now. So yes I shop at Wal Mart. Some people just look for a reason to hate them 

They also pulled a pro gun t-shirt from their online store because if complaints from anti gunners!

I think his statements are safe ones from a corporate standpoint, seeing as how Walmart doesn't sell ARs anymore. So he can continue their position against weapons they don't sell. No loss there.

We'll see if it morphs into an anti-all guns stance.

And I'm not looking for a reason to hate Walmart. I save my hate for different things. I'll still shop there. Sometimes there's no alternative for a lot of things.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

They also pulled a pro gun t-shirt from their online store because if complaints from anti gunners!

This is how I see the Red Flag laws working:
A cupcake on Social Media is "offended" by me, and files a Red Flag "I'm Afraid" complaint against me.

"He's a witch!  Burn him at the stake!"

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I think his statements are safe ones from a corporate standpoint, seeing as how Walmart doesn't sell ARs anymore. So he can continue their position against weapons they don't sell. No loss there.

We'll see if it morphs into an anti-all guns stance.

And I'm not looking for a reason to hate Walmart. I save my hate for different things. I'll still shop there. Sometimes there's no alternative for a lot of things.

I haven't shopped at WalMart in 6 months. I have found everything I need at other stores, Target, Loews, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, small local hardware stores, Local gun stores, etc. You can live without WalMart unless you're deep in a rural area and it's the only store around for miles! I do understand that. I live in the 'burbs and there's plenty of other choices for me!

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I haven't shopped at WalMart in 6 months. I have found everything I need at other stores, Target, Loews, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, small local hardware stores, Local gun stores, etc. You can live without WalMart unless you're deep in a rural area and it's the only store around for miles! I do understand that. I live in the 'burbs and there's plenty of other choices for me!

Move out of the burbs over a decade ago. Things are definitely different. ;)

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Rye!!  You do know that Target is one of the most anti-gun owner retailers in the nation!! The only reason that Target hasn't flat out prohibited personal gun possession is because of the backlash when they first broached the possibility!

I shop Walmart for low priced automotive products, low priced ammunition, and because my prescriptions are 70% cheaper on average there than at other pharmacies.  I buy the groceries there that are cheaper than elsewhere.  I shop at two other local food stores, each for the lowest prices or the best quality available.  On a fixed income, low prices are a prime requisite!!

I don't care what he says. As long as Walmart still sells guns and ammo.

I had only been in Walmart a handful of times. Two months ago, I was going to the range and realized I'd forgotten my safety glasses. WM store was a quarter mile from the range; I dropped by for another set of safety specs. For the first time, I saw their ammo prices.

I wouldn't shop there to save a few bucks, but their prices on ammo were way, way cheaper than what I'd seen. I've been there for ammo a couple times now. For one example, boxes of .44 mag were 10 bucks cheaper there than everywhere else.

Archived