SASS Wire Forum

Don't You Love Reporters?

Subdeacon Joe

Well by golly, that thing oughtta be banned!  Not only is it ugly, but it looks like it might have one o' them shoulder things that goes up*...!  :rolleyes:

*Per New York Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy

Many reporters have their own form of PTSD from covering the news.

Perpetual and Terminal Stupidity Disorder.

Hey, want some blood pressure enhancement? Look at YouTube and search “Stupid Reporter”. It goes more political than anything else. 

Sometimes fantasize about being approached for a "man in the street" interview and telling them what I think of the whole rotten, stinking bunch of them.

In real life, I'd probably just walk away.  Can't let myself get started!

Back in the 70's, the Clearwater, Fl police department had just bought "bullet proof" vests.....so a reporter, on live 6:00 news decided to test one. The ensuing result was hilarious. He stood about 6' away from a guy with a .38 snub nose revolver. With his hands on his hips and his chest thrust out like he was Superman and says "Okay, go ahead". The guy shoots him in the chest and the reporter goes immediately to the ground. While holding his chest (on live tv) he says "Sh%#, Godda%$, that hurt like hell. The look on his face on his way down to the ground was priceless. I wish I could find the video.

Senator John Glen (RIP) wrote me back a letter about the "assault weapons ban" in the 90's. He said FULL automatic weapons had no business on the streets! :blink: He said the recent bank holdup in California where the robbers had full autos (not semi's) showed his point!That's why he was voting FOR the assault weapon ban!:o

He said he grew up hunting and has been around firearms all his life. I wrote him back to tell him he hadn't learned too much about firearms! Never heard back from him.

32 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

What? A reporter or an assault revolver with a high capacity magazine? 

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read Tall Tale Todd's post. News reporters (and especially weather people) are more often than not chosen for their photogenic looks, not their journalistic prowess.

9 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

What? A reporter or an assault revolver with a high capacity magazine? 

Depending on the reporter/meteorologist, both

Archived