SASS Wire Forum

I've said often enough that just when I think it can't get any weirder, it does...

Student Suspended

"A middle school student in Ohio was handed a ten-day suspension for 'liking' a picture of a gun on Instragram... The picture in question is of an airsoft gun, and according to the student's parents, their child didn't comment on the post but simply 'liked' the picture.

"'I liked it, scrolling down Instagram at night about 7, 8 o’clock I liked it,' Zachary said. 'The next morning they called me down [to the office] patted me down and checked me for weapons.' "

d'oh

Zero tolerance at work.

Wonder what would've happened if the lad's dad had taken him trap shooting the weekend before... or, perish the thought, hunting, and it appeared on Facebook!  :blink:

1 hour ago, Irish Tom said:

Zero tolerance at work.

$10million lawsuit as far as I'm concerned, and a Federal investigation.

Don't kill the local school system; make it bleed. 

I hope the parents are not going to give in without a fight! This is absurd!!

BULL $4it !

Period !

Apparently there is a group of "people" that have taken the question "Just how stupid/ignorant/intolerant/imbecilic etc etc etc are you?" as a challenge. The weirdness level is rising exponentially around the planet these days.

I often wonder if many of the people that become "bureaucrats" at public schools aren't all passive-aggressive morons that if allowed much more power would be ruining more people's lives. I truly believe that they have really low self esteem and are bed-wetting cowards and this "power" that they have is how they fight back against their inadequacy. 

I have encountered a few of these morons in my career and I do everything I can to make their lives miserable...or at the very least, make them stay the hell away from me.

Read today where the school reversed its decision and this will not appear on the boy's record.

2 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Read today where the school reversed its decision and this will not appear on the boy's record.

Gee, wonder why?

Might have something to do with the entire world finding proof of what a bunch of idjits they are.  Not to mention the family's lawyers.

Any legal action should go forward.  Great damage has been done to a myriad of people and groups.  The involved school system people should be removed, wholesale.  The individuals and the system should be further held responsible in a manner that hurts...in this case, money.  This shouldn't be allowed to go away.

On 5/9/2017 at 1:16 PM, Irish Tom said:

Zero tolerance at work.

Zero common sense at work.

It appears the suspension has been dropped.

Still need to get rid of the jackwads that can't apply common sense. A simple sit-down with the parents and student in question could have resolved this before attempting to take disciplinary action.

I revise my opinion to reflect what Cat Brules posted below. School districts have no business having intelligence gathering agencies. Big Brother they are not. Or should not be.

On 5/9/2017 at 1:20 PM, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

More like zero intelligence at work.

Hard to state that any better.

just another example of a school run by people who have to make sure that it is them that raises our children and thus implement "consequences" for every little thing done.  It would not surprise me if this particular boy was on their radar and watched more closely than other students.  i have learned that the schools will nit pick some students and give a free ride to others.  Boys seem more likely to get put under the spot light. 

1 hour ago, Lost Trail said:

Zero common sense at work.

It appears the suspension has been dropped.

Still need to get rid of the jackwads that can't apply common sense. A simple sit-down with the parents and student in question could have resolved this before attempting to take disciplinary action.

I disagree.  The only sit down necessary is where the family and their attorney effectively transfer/communicate the idea to the school system that if they attempt to become involved in the child's life, beyond schoolroom instruction and if they embark on any type of surveillance of the child or the family, there will be consequences for them.  I believe this school system should be investigated and censured.  Each and every one of them owe the child an apology....not as the "school," but as individuals.  

Think of all the surplus employees these school systems have, that they have, essentially, the resources amounting to intelligence arms that investigate every aspect of at least the child's life, and likely, that of the family.  How the hell would they know the child "liked" an Instagram photo(?) and why would or should they care?  Frisking a kid for looking at a picture of a firearm?  That feeds their own perverted, frenzied false narrative and in my mind IS child abuse.

I didn't post anything on Facebook or anywhere else, the boys and I went prairie dog hunting last weekend.   Youngest wanted some pics.  Some of our school board members would have replied with "good shot"  or "wish I was there" type comments.  Love small town South Dakota.

42 minutes ago, Cat Brules, SASS #14086 said:

I disagree.  The only sit down necessary is where the family and their attorney effectively transfer/communicate the idea to the school system that if they attempt to become involved in the child's life, beyond schoolroom instruction and if they embark on any type of surveillance of the child or the family, there will be consequences for them.  I believe this school system should be investigated and censured.  Each and every one of them owe the child an apology....not as the "school," but as individuals.  

Think of all the surplus employees these school systems have, that they have, essentially, the resources amounting to intelligence arms that investigate every aspect of at least the child's life, and likely, that of the family.  How the hell would they know the child "liked" an Instagram photo(?) and why would or should they care?  Frisking a kid for looking at a picture of a firearm?  That feeds their own perverted, frenzied false narrative and in my mind IS child abuse.

Good points. I stand with you on this.

I totally agree that this should move through the legal system regardless of the retraction. As a matter of fact I would probably contact my NRA rep and try to get them to jump on board. There is no better place to stop this garbage than in our schools which were hijacked many years ago. I dropped out of my masters program from two different colleges because of the progressive ideas being shoved down my throat with threat of penalty for having a different view. That was back in 2003 and 2004. I have been screaming about it since and have even been told by my conservative friends that I was NUTS. They have since come around, but I think it might be too late. We now have an entire generation in the work force that has been brainwashed. But I won't give up the ship! We can beat this

Just read this on NRA-ILA. They are covering this story. This is good news

Archived