SASS Wire Forum

Ides of March - Time to start Jawboning

Santa Fe River Stan,36999L

Jawbones, ole Delta Glen gave me one of those. As far as whippings go...I'ma brangin' one, just hope it don't get used on me. As far as chickens go, I don't care for chickens, only exception is ole Scratch, he's one of the few good chickens. And then there's Waienema...he's one of them there highfalutin outlaw bidnessmen....but at least he'd bring bullets to a gunfight. Shaping up to be a good match as long as Greta Dee keeps you boys whipped into shape.

Kajun

Brangun a big can o whup a,,,, it's gonna b a guddun one o tha best I'm at winter range just to get ready!

No Jawbonin' - just looking forward to coming south and meeting and shooting with a bunch of new folks. I was looking at the shooter's list and I only see 28 names of people that I know or have shot with. That means I have more than 250 new friends to make. Can't wait!

Now ya'll all know that I ain't one to stir the pot ;):lol: :lol:

I heard through the grapevine that ole Widder ain't making it to the Ides this year so I guess ole Santa Fe River Stan has a chance at winning the 97 speed shotgun side match....that is unless some of those other Crackers brang out their A game and put a whipping on him.

Kajun

Now ya'll all know that I ain't one to stir the pot ;):lol: :lol:

I heard through the grapevine that ole Widder ain't making it to the Ides this year so I guess ole Santa Fe River Stan has a chance at winning the 97 speed shotgun side match....that is unless some of those other Crackers brang out their A game and put a whipping on him.

Kajun

Well Dang! I sure could use a whuppin! At least that what my wife says!!!!

Who's up for the 97 Challenge?????

Stan

Well, I hate not being able to travel down to The Ides but I guess I oughta be glad I ain't getting ambushed this year.

Sounds like some testy folks will be at their prime and the '97 Challenge' sure sounds good.

Anyhow, Thanks for stirring the pot, Krazy.

Would love to see everyone again, but I guess I'll be playing 'chicken' and hanging close to the Bunkhouse this year.

p.s. - I might call Red Knee out in Oklahoma and see if he's available to take care of my 'light work'..... :ph34r:

..........Widder

Don't know who'll win the Men's 97 challenge.......purty sure that Hawkeye Gin will win the Ladies though.

For Dan, to rassle a pig in mud......you have to get off your horse and get into the mud. ;) Tell Darlin I said hey.

CS

I count 7 maybe 8 OUTLAWS this year.

That's a whole bunch.

I guess when you shoot with the Outlaws anything can happen.

It's gonna be a GREAT match!!!

Waimea

Well, I hate not being able to travel down to The Ides but I guess I oughta be glad I ain't getting ambushed this year.

Sounds like some testy folks will be at their prime and the '97 Challenge' sure sounds good.

Anyhow, Thanks for stirring the pot, Krazy.

Would love to see everyone again, but I guess I'll be playing 'chicken' and hanging close to the Bunkhouse this year.

p.s. - I might call Red Knee out in Oklahoma and see if he's available to take care of my 'light work'..... :ph34r:

..........Widder

Light work.. I love it!!!! :lol:

Hey Widder......

BURN!!!!!!!

You gonna take that without throwing down at least one 5 gallon bucket :P

I'll buy you and the bunkhouse boss dinner if you show up

PS: My money is on a big cowboy from SC for speed pistol

Well Dang! I sure could use a whuppin! At least that what my wife says!!!!

Who's up for the 97 Challenge?????

Stan

I'm curious as to who gave Stan permission to play side match day? I think, I might have a long list of To do's that day. :lol:

guess I cud brang a 97 and shoot it left handed,,,,

I'm curious as to who gave Stan permission to play side match day? I think, I might have a long list of To do's that day. :lol:

Dammit Man!!!!

I think my back is starting to hurt.......

Stan - who says bring it on ShyAnnie

Dammit Man!!!!

I think my back is starting to hurt.......

Stan - who says bring it on ShyAnnie

Stan, I'm purdy sure Greta Dee would let ya make a 97 run, work an hour, then make another 97 run, work an hour....you know....get in a good rhythm. ;):lol:

Kajun

Hmmm. I have a 2016 IDES Speed shotgun Trophy, I think I made one run.

Wish you were coming Widder, it's always fun watching you go thru a 5 gallon bucket of shotgun shells.

AO

I just pulled my Plaque from last year and just noticed it said 'Speed Shotgun Pump Senior'. I don't recall signing up for 'Senior'.

And I just looked at my Plaque from last year and it said: 'Spped Pistol Duelist Senior'. It should have read "Gunfighter'.

I do remember at the end of side match day, I had the fastest time for 97 on the list. I just didn't know it would be put on a 'Senior' list.

Anyhow, travel time & $$$ will keep me home this year.

I appreciate all the invitations and such and the Dinner offer from Wyatt, but I guess my 5 gallon bucket of shells will just have to be saved for another day.

p.s. - Arcadia, do you have the list of our speed times from last year? I do remember that Stan ran one hellachious run but left a couple standing. But it was still an impressive run.

..........Widder

I just pulled my Plaque from last year and just noticed it said 'Speed Shotgun Pump Senior'. I don't recall signing up for 'Senior'.

And I just looked at my Plaque from last year and it said: 'Spped Pistol Duelist Senior'. It should have read "Gunfighter'.

I do remember at the end of side match day, I had the fastest time for 97 on the list. I just didn't know it would be put on a 'Senior' list.

Anyhow, travel time & $$$ will keep me home this year.

I appreciate all the invitations and such and the Dinner offer from Wyatt, but I guess my 5 gallon bucket of shells will just have to be saved for another day.

p.s. - Arcadia, do you have the list of our speed times from last year? I do remember that Stan ran one hellachious run but left a couple standing. But it was still an impressive run.

..........Widder

Howdy Widder

Speed Pistol at the Ides is broken down into two categories: traditional and one handed.

Traditional is allowed to touch the gun with two hands.

One handed is one gun, one hand. Duelist and GF therefore fall into the same category.

At some point a TO asked you if you were competing the Side Matches in the Senior classification. If you said yes you cannot change back.

There you have it.

Waimea

Hey Widder.......

I guess my evil plan to get you back down here didn't work

Even after last year when Fl got together and combined the State Championship and the Ides just for you ;)

I'll think of something else!

Yesterday afternoon, my broken tooth had to be extracted and an implant post inserted.

The extraction was cheap. Then implant post.....not so cheap.

So, instead of having funds to travel and shoot a couple of desired places this year, I will be having soup for lunch all summer and enjoying a new tooth. I hope my dental surgeon takes some of that money and buys a new gun and not a new truck... :lol::lol::lol:

ARCADIA: thanks. Heck, I consider myself a winner just being able to shoot with champions like You and Stan. You 'Crackers' are the best. I got whooped at Black Gold by Sidekick last summer in the speed shotgun. He ran his 6 on 6 in 4.80. My best 6 on 6 was 4.90.

BUT, I was able to best 'Tator' at the TN State in October. I don't remember Tator's time but my best run for 6 on 6 was 4.71

Waimea, thanks. That makes sense and I'm sure that's what happened. It was a great match and I can understand why its so popular for Cowboy/Girl shooters.

Wyatt: It was a good plan but it just didn't work out for me. I hope to see ALL you fellers somewhere down the trail again soon.

Dogmeat Dad: Sic em! ;)

P.S. - Speed 97 this year - my $$ is on.......................ARCADIA!

..........Widder

Wider, maybe they would feel better if I brought down your 5 gallon bucket of SG shells and let everyone shoot out of your bucket.

Wider, maybe they would feel better if I brought down your 5 gallon bucket of SG shells and let everyone shoot out of your bucket.

:lol::lol::lol:

Tombstone, for those who shoot out of my bucket, they could autograph it. Then you could bring it back to me and I would have a highly collectable item..... :D

Then one day, we could auction it off for a good fund raiser.

..........Widder

Widder, You can ride with us if you want. Just have to share the back seat with jake

No doubt, that is a gracious offer. And I could probably pick Jake's brain for some good speed pointers.

But my outlook for travel plans might have my first big match of the year at Black Gold in July.

Hope Y'all have a safe trip and a good shoot!

See ya soon.

..........Widder

Archived