SASS Wire Forum

Good News/Bad News

Pulp, SASS#28319

Schoolmarm is down to the middle 50s in actual working days. She's got a dry erase board hung on the fridge and she's counting 'em down. Hours too!! :lol::lol:

Blackwater, do not make my mistake. At the beginning of the first school year after Miss Lorrie's retirement I asked if she was ready to go back and substitute.

After she settled down a bit I promised I would never say such a stupid thing again.

I think at 50 days it is legal to start telling short jokes. "I'm so short I don't have time to get into a long conversation", "I'm so short I rolled out of bed this morning into my boots and it took me an hour to climb out" and don't forget your "short timers ribbon"and FIIGMO button.

I started singing "I got the short timers blues' when I got within a year of my retirement.....

Every now and then, I would also sing..... "I wanna go home' by Bobby Bare.

..........Widder

I have 4927 more days and yes, I am counting.

I've been retired for 3 1/2 years and it is everything it is cracked up to be. I've written four books and spent untold hours in the shop working on guns and hours at the range shooting them. I get out to fish a couple of times a week in the summer and the wife and I take a couple of trips a year. What's not to love about not working?

I retired last October. I've been busy goofing off, loafing and taking naps. I thought I would miss the excitement and challenges of working, but I was wrong. I don't even like watching the news. The wife and I have been camping 5 times since November. It's really nice to need to do something and just go do it. No scheduling or taking days off required. I like retirement.

I'm not gonna quit working completely. I'm planning on putting my name on the substitute teacher list at some of the local schools. I haven't been in a class room in very nearly 30 years. I hope I'm still smart enough!

Also getting married on June 4th.

image_zpsjcjsozfr.jpeg

I retired last October. I've been busy goofing off, loafing and taking naps. I thought I would miss the excitement and challenges of working, but I was wrong. I don't even like watching the news. The wife and I have been camping 5 times since November. It's really nice to need to do something and just go do it. No scheduling or taking days off required. I like retirement.

....and then there are those who w*rked with you that says nothings really changed....just the same things you did on the clock before you retired :D:D

Of course now, though, you have the esteemed title of "Match Director Consultant" for which you are handsomely rewarded!!

Kajun

Once I get the house paid off ... another five years.

Then with that money, get the cars paid off, and the other debts.

Then I can think about not workin' for a livin'.

Right now, though, I am worth more dead than alive, and them short sighted bottom polishers at work task me like I'm a rented mule.

Maybe it's because Old Whiskers is the only man Jack among 'em who can still work like he's eighteen!

I'm not gonna quit working completely. I'm planning on putting my name on the substitute teacher list at some of the local schools. I haven't been in a class room in very nearly 30 years. I hope I'm still smart enough!

Also getting married on June 4th.

image_zpsjcjsozfr.jpeg

Congrats to the both of you. May many years of happiness follow you daily! ^_^

I did that back in '97, once since then I went to work again just so I could get some time off. After a few years I stopped working at all and now am doing well and have really became good at loafing. My favorite pastime is turning money into noise, my job is reloading so that I can make more noise.

Blackfoot

....and then there are those who w*rked with you that says nothings really changed....just the same things you did on the clock before you retired :D:D

Of course now, though, you have the esteemed title of "Match Director Consultant" for which you are handsomely rewarded!!

Kajun

Sorry it took me so long to get back on your disparaging comment. I've been busy trout fishing and camping in the mountains. Busy busy busy.

Archived