SASS Wire Forum

Men wearing earrings

Rancocas

Ever wonder how this trend got started?

A man is at work one day when he notices that his co-worker is wearing an earring.
The man knows his co-worker to be a normally conservative fellow and is curious about his sudden change in fashion sense.
The man walks up to him and says, "I didn't know you were into earrings."

"Don't make it such a big deal, it's only an earring," he replies sheepishly.

His friend falls silent for a few minutes, but then his curiosity prods him to ask,
"So, how long have you been wearing one?"

"Ever since my wife found it in my truck."

MY GRANDMOTHER HAD A PAIR OF DIASMOND EARRINGS SHE WORE FOREVER, WHEN SHE PASSED ON MY MOTHER WORE THEM UNTIL SHE PASSED AWAY, I NOW WEAR ONE EARRING AS MOM LOST ONE WHEN SHE WAS IN HOSPICE. I REALLY HOPE NO ONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH THIS

ENG

I haven't got a problem with it; just don't get it.

Like tattoos. Twenty-five years ago, I thought it would be a passing fad. Now innumerable otherwise beautiful young women are covered with sideshow tattoos.

Let's not get started with those plugs in earlobes.....

Just me, I guess. Old-fashioned.

Part of our dress code in the office where I work is a strict "No Visible Tattoos" decree.

Judging from the number of band-aids, wraps, and Ace bandages worn by many of the women here,

they must've been in one hell of a cat-fight!! :lol:

I haven't got a problem with it; just don't get it.

Like tattoos. Twenty-five years ago, I thought it would be a passing fad. Now innumerable otherwise beautiful young women are covered with sideshow tattoos.

Let's not get started with those plugs in earlobes.....

Just me, I guess. Old-fashioned.

No Red, you are not alone in that idea. I keep telling myself, it is their body, they can do pretty much what

they want. But Why? Saw a guy with Tattoos all over his face and neck, and more hardware than the

local ACE Hardware. So I asked myself who would employ a guy that looked like that? Maybe he is that guy

on the other end of the line that is going to give bogus info on how to hook up my latest gadget.

Lt. George Dixon led eight men to crew the S.S. Hunley in 1863 when the first submersible sunk an enemy ship. Dixon wore women's necklace and brouche that his aunt and grandmother had given him to remember they by. This hardware was dainty gold wire with amethests, not at all manly, though this Confederate sailor and his crew manned their desperate mission after the ship had sunk twice killing nearly a dozen sailors.

You obviously can't measure a fellow by his tattoos or bling in those very different times.

I occasionally wear a small diamond earring that I gave myself when I turned sixty-five. I also have one tattoo.

When I was a boy, only men got tattoos and only women wore earrings. I know fashions have changed. I try not to judge a person by their outward appearance or what they wear. But still, I find it odd to see a man wearing an earring and a woman with a tattoo.

When I was a boy, only men got tattoos and only women wore earrings.

Well...

I've stuck to that.

But my wife didn't.

(wouldn't have her any other way)

I've been surprised by lawyers twice in my life.

Once, I was on a jury, and one of the lawyers had a very pronounced stammer. I thought that "talking for a living" seemed a strange choice for someone with a speech impediment.

And when I got DEE-vorced, my lawyer wore an earring. That's common now, but 20 years ago it wasn't. Especially in a small southern town. And again I thought that, for a man making a living by convincing twelve strangers that he was right and someone else was wrong, wearing an earring (or facial tattoos, or coming to court wearing cut-offs, a tank top and flip-flops) was just a peculiar thing to do.

Howdy:

When I was 8 I went with my mom to an auction. At the auction there was this brown skinned man with a silver ear ring in his ear. I had seen brown skinned folks before but never with an ear ring. I asked my mom (who was brown skinned) was that man a pirate? She replied No, he was a Menominee Indian from the reservation next to us. I thought it was so cool. I wanted an ear ring. Mom said NO. It was old fashioned and we don't do that anymore. Times have changed haven't they.

STL Suomi

As a hiring manager, I put a heck of a lot of my decision in first impressions. All I should say. I have nothing against tats or ear rings, but.......

Archived