SASS Wire Forum

Not So Sure This Is a Good Idea. Bringing the Ebola Virus To The US

Cypress Sun

Just saw on the news that they are airlifting two American victims of the Ebola virus from Africa to the US for treatment. The two victims were performing missionary work with Ebola patients. I certainly wish the victims the best for survival and recovery.

I just can't help but think.....this is a real bad idea. After the problems with the CDC and various labs around the country, the risk versus reward factor is extremely low in my way of thinking.

What do you think?

CS

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly what I was thinking. But at least they're under treatment and being isolated. There may be a lot of infected people who have left for other countries and may end up here. Those will be a serious problem.

Kinda like The Strain series only without the vampires.

Those two are the least of our problems, they are transported under guarded condition and procedures. I suspect we already have a number of infected vermin that have hopped airplanes or walked across from Mexico. The Ebola virus is not an airborne virus, it can only be transmitted via bodily fluids, blood, sweat, tears, and other assorted things you don't want to swap with anyone.

However say some sweaty A Rab, sweats all over a seat tray and you rub your hand on it after he leaves and then touch your eyes, you're in trouble.

one MORE reason to close down the borders and freeze all visas from infected countries. This may not be enough the mudslimes are already planning on sending infected agents here to try and cause an epidemic.

Close the borders NOW!!!! This is an emergency situation. C'mon POTUS protect the American people! :angry:

Oh Lord, not Soros again!! :D :D

But seriously. there's no way they're going to close the borders.My concern is they won't catch infected individuals traveling through multiple countries.

At least it's not an airborne disease like influenza and others. I don't believe there could be a massive outbreak here or in most 1st world countries. Drunk drivers will kill more. But in Africa and Central America there could be significant deaths. As far as a terrorist connection I doubt it. Not a very efficient virus to attack with. Something like MERS or Anthrax are much better suited to that.

The scariest thing about Ebola is the horrible visible effect it has on the body.

Hey guys! If the CDC is involved, what could possibly go wrong?

I'm with the government, and I'm here to help.

Ebola is coming top our borders - can't stop it in the day of jet travel.

We might as well learn as much as we can in a very controlled environment.

This particular strain has already mutated and is not behaving like the strains we have been told about earlier.

This particular strain has already mutated and is not behaving like the strains we have been told about earlier.

Reference please?

Have to agree with Sam, this is a very, very bad idea. It (Ebola) has never been inside our borders that we know of, and we intentionally invite the worst virus known to man to come set up shop in our country. From what I have seen China has a better filtering of people it is allowing to come into China. A worldwide pandemic and we will be looking like "The Last Ship". I don't know where our POTUS has his head, but he needs to pull it out and look around, or maybe that is his plan all along. Ebola outbreak, declare Martial Law, and rule the country.

I would like them to get the best treatment also, but putting the entire nation at risk is a bad idea. The CDC lately has not been a thing to hold to highly with their screw ups. This is a virus where you can not afford any screw ups, even a slight mistake is going to make some of the syfi movies look like a comedy. The Dr from what I read was an expert about this virus, so even with that , he got infected. Judging from the people we have running the Govt these days, let's say does not comfort me to depend on them to do the right or intelligent thing for the country.

Oh Lord, not Soros again!! :D :D

But seriously. there's no way they're going to close the borders.My concern is they won't catch infected individuals traveling through multiple countries.

At least it's not an airborne disease like influenza and others. I don't believe there could be a massive outbreak here or in most 1st world countries. Drunk drivers will kill more. But in Africa and Central America there could be significant deaths. As far as a terrorist connection I doubt it. Not a very efficient virus to attack with. Something like MERS or Anthrax are much better suited to that.

The scariest thing about Ebola is the horrible visible effect it has on the body.

I realize they're not going to close the borders but I'm saying THEY SHOULD!!! If POTUS had any cahones he would!!!

In this age here is absolutely no way to ensure the virus won't get here. As far as the CDC screwing up, I have more faith in them than the UN controlled WHO.

And Ebola, bad as it is, is not the worst virus known to man.

I agree with SDJ. They should be treated here.

My cousin, who served as a Captain in the US Army, and several tours as a missionary in Latin America and Africa has a good assessment. Her capacity as a missionary involved medical treatment. Her view:

image_zps401faf0c.jpg

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/

GG

We, the US, need to get out and stay out of these infected, festered, pest holes in the world, where their own government won't help them and "minister" to our own people, of which there are many here in need!!

MHO!!!

Al

We, the US, need to get out and stay out of these infected, festered, pest holes in the world, where their own government won't help them and "minister" to our own people, of which there are many here in need!!

MHO!!!

Al

We need to do that too.

GG

MHO!!!

Al

I don't think missionaries and volunteer health workers have any intention of doing that. As far as the US, well that's a whole other conversation. We are not the only country that tries to help out.

I don't think missionaries and volunteer health workers have any intention of doing that. As far as the US, well that's a whole other conversation. We are not the only country that tries to help out.

Yup...The reality is the world is now too small and we are too intertwined with too many things not help out. The days of isolationist thinking is over.

GG

Howdy,

Sure its a great idea,

And of course we all got to vote on it, since we have a democracy, right?

Best

CR

No. We have a republic.

;)

I think bringing Ebola to the USA is STOOPID! Who the is running the CDC? Mad scientists? Dr. Frankenstein? Why???? To research the virus, weaponise it, study it? I do me the Virus, do you think for one second they care about these poor souls? They want the Virus here, where eggheads who are all smarter than us can look at it in a controlled environment. I'd laugh but its just not funny, its nuts!

Dear Lord, protect us from this disastrous decision, Amen.

Are they going to burn the plane? This virus has evaded western BIO hazard suits, and breathing apparatus. None of this makes sense. Who's going be first to ride the plane sans protections to show how it was properly decontaminated? This is a potential wild fire!

I'll not begrudge ANY American the chance to be treated in an American hospital by some of the best doctors in the world.

I'm sorry, this is putting all of us at risk, to what end? To die here? They knew the risk. My kids don't!

I just don't believe for one minute this is being done for these poor souls.

I'm sorry, this is putting all of us at risk, to what end. To die here? They knew the risk. My kids don't!

I just don't believe for one minute this is being done for these poor souls.

What do you beleive is the reason they are being returned here? My initial thought is so the best medical systems available in the world can try to further understand this devastating disease. Anyway the government has a whole stash of gnarly population depleting biological crap in this country already....

GG

What do you beleive is the reason they are being returned here? My initial thought is so the best medical systems available in the world can try to further understand this devastating disease. Anyway the government has a whole stash of gnarly population depleting biological crap in this country already....

GG

Yep.

Oh, they will get treatment no doubt. Yes, I know we have much worst stuff here, so lets fly people infected with it to our shores, that makes a lot of sense. Its for the greater good, right? As Big O says, "were all in this together", are we not?

Have you lost your minds? This is 50-90% FATAL, there is NO cure.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan

Oh, they will get treatment no doubt. Yes, I know we have much worst stuff here, so lets fly people infected with it to our shores, that makes a lot of sense. Its for the greater good, right? As Big O says, "were all in this together", are we not?

Have you lost your minds? This is 50-90% FATAL, there is NO cure.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan

Hopefully in a few months we can talk about how this was a non-event regarding a catastrophic event here in America. Time will tell.... What's done is done.

This was a very public event. Maybe an Ebola victim is crossing the southern border right now....

GG

Archived