SASS Wire Forum

Not So Sure This Is a Good Idea. Bringing the Ebola Virus To The US

Cypress Sun

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brietbart reports that illegals from Ebola countries are already crossing the border.

Leaked CBP Report Shows Entire World Exploiting Open US Border

Brietbart reports that illegals from Ebola countries are already crossing the border.

Leaked CBP Report Shows Entire World Exploiting Open US Border

And if there is a threat of an outbreak, that's where it is.

• 1 month later...

No, it was something just as foolish, letting people from ebola infected counties come to the US to visit family. How many persons did he infect? I'm afraid of the answer.

How many people did he share the plane with? Where are those people now? Where is the plane? How many flew on it after him? Where is the waste water from that plane? This investigation will cost millions?

This is a BIG problem.

1.25 Million people live in Dallas.

I do not think it will prove to beca big problem in any developed country.

No, it was something just as foolish, letting people from ebola infected counties come to the US to visit family. How many persons did he infect? I'm afraid of the answer.

How many people did he share the plane with? Where are those people now? Where is the plane? How many flew on it after him? Where is the waste water from that plane? This investigation will cost millions?

This is a BIG problem.

1.25 Million people live in Dallas.

So what do we do? Turn our republic into a copy of the old Soviet Union?

I do not think it will prove to beca big problem in any developed country.

I pray you are right. Though I have never heard of an ebola case be contained and limited to just one. The fatalities in Africa are bigger than ever seen before.

It WASN'T from bringing those workers back for treatment.

Keep in mind that the US isn't Africa. Our health care system, as much as we like to kvetch about it, is damned good.

Yup....

GG

Latest reports seem to indicate the outbreak in Nigeria has been contained.

Latest reports seem to indicate the outbreak in Nigeria has been contained.

Praise be!! I've been waiting on a money transfer from a friend in Nigeria whom I met online. He is a real prince.

Praise be!! I've been waiting on a money transfer from a friend in Nigeria whom I met online. He is a real prince.

I think Bieber's mokey is available from Germany. He's certified Ebola-Free.

I've been many things in my young life, my current MOS is sewage treatment -- with a background in emergency medicine, nursing and microbiology.

Ebola is part of the Filovirus group and is remarkably hardy in a biofilm.

It requires a human host to propagate but in a biofilm it does accumulate, and is remarkably hardy -- within the biofilm, bacteria and viri are far more resistant to antimicrobials than when they are exposed.

I say this because, although the Ebola patients are in a quarantine zone, although it's being washed down with bleach and sterilized in multiple ways, their flushed waste goes into the municipal sewer and is treated at the municipal sewage treatment plant, and yes, Ebola is carried in ALL body fluids, including what's flushed.

My point?

"Biofilm" is a fancy word for "slime layer" ... and every sewer line contains a greasy biofilm ... it's on every wet surface in a sewage plant ... and part and parcel of conventional sewage treatment is aeration.

Just walking by these open-to-air, merrily bubbling "aeration tanks" is to breathe in uncounted numbers of pathogens.

In a day's time the average sewage plant worker is exposed to every disease known to man.

I have a professional's concern for Ebola going airborne through this artificial, mechanical means; I have a professional's concern for everyone working on the collection system, in the treatment plant, in the treatment plant's lab.

I took a nurse's handwashing habits back into sewage treatment and it's stood me in good stead; we are all conscious of splash hazard, we all use the issue PPE (personal protection equipment) every time, without exception ...

As a professional in public health, I have a very real concern about this.

KHON reported that the person has not yet been tested specifically for the virus.

One wonder why not if the patient has recently been to Africa or somehow exposed. I would think that they would test immeduiately upon first symptomatic signs. Especially after the news that the Texas patient iniotially told the nurse he had recently been to the infected zone ... AND THEY SENT HIM HOME WITH PAINKILLERS AND ANTIBIOTICS! Holy Cow!!

The common cold, flu, and a lot of things show the same symptoms as eary Ebola.

There is now 80+ people under "observation". That's the ones they know about.

Our medical facilities are so advanced that the victim in this case tells them he was in a infected area of an infected country and they do nothing about it. No immediate isolation, no nothing. Go on home and call us in a few days after you've infected dozens of others. Yep, that's really on the ball.

Too late to close the gate now......the horses are already loose.

CS

I'm still not particularly concerned. I found it amusing when someone pointed out that people will have unprotected sex without worrying about STDs but are freaking out over Ebola. The news media is fostering panic with the constant breathless reporting. "It's nerve racking and scary", said one anchorhead awhile ago.

The US has a population of 319,000,000 people.

1 is confirmed with Ebola. 2 others who had it have been cured.

It is not the Black Plague.

The flu is a bigger threat. Drunk drivers are a Much bigger threat. Entero virus has infected 500 in 42 states.

UB, are you saying we should not trust the media on Ebola? They are so truthful on anything dealing with guns. :)

Actually, I agree with you. Our son is a Dr in one of the hospitals where they brought the patient this summer. When his concerned mom asked him about it, his response was "I am safely 3 floors below him".

Hamley

Over 100 under observation now...........still no concerns?

Observation is prudent. But I still am not particularly concerned.

Over 100 under observation now...........still no concerns?

OHMYGAWDTHATSATWENTYFIVEPERCENTINCREASEINTHENUMBEROFPEOPLEBEINGOBSERVED!!!!!!!!!!QUARENTINEALLOFDALLAS!ALLOFTEXASJUSTINCASE!!!!!

100 people that are being watched, that at this time are not showing any symptoms or antibodies.

Influenza kills ~30,000 people in the US every year. But we don't have the panic, people saying we need to stop air travel, etc. because of it.

You know Joe, if you have a problem with me.....lets take it off to the side. PM me and we'll discuss it.

For the record, Influenza and Hepatitus B are (by quota) far more fatal than Ebola.

CS

If we had any kind of leadership in this country the boarders would have been closed to origin countries. Big O can't let something protecting our country get in the way of his golf schedule.

How many millions is this going to cost the tax payers of Dallas, Texas, and the US? Any idea what isolating 100 persons costs? Or how much one airline is spending to find passengers and the soon to follow law suit?

ALL AVOIDABLE WITH THAT ONE COMMON SENCE BAN.

If we had any kind of leadership in this country the boarders would have been closed to origin countries. Big O can't let something protecting our country get in the way of his golf schedule.

Agreed.

GG

+2

No problem at all. I just don't think that one confirmed case, with no one else showing antibodies or symptoms is cause to go into a panic. Nor is going from 80 people under observation to 100 people under observation cause for panic.

If we had 50 people, all symptomatic, all showing up at once, then, yeah, time to be concerned.

+1 ... Even if one was concerned what are they gonna do about it?

GG

x

Exactly.

No problem at all. I just don't think that one confirmed case, with no one else showing antibodies or symptoms is cause to go into a panic. Nor is going from 80 people under observation to 100 people under observation cause for panic.

If we had 50 people, all symptomatic, all showing up at once, then, yeah, time to be concerned.

Panic, not hardly. Concern yes........this should have never happened yet here it is......now.

Archived