SASS Wire Forum

What will you pay?

Paden

Soon what was to be free may cost. What will you be willing to pay to access our SASS website?

Not that much.

Um...we pay now. I don't get internet for free, and I don't know anyone who does. What that ruling does is allow those who want, and can afford, to pay a premium for faster service may do so. And that providers are able to charge more for lots of use. In a way we have that now - use too much bandwidth and your service gets slowed down.

It takes away the, "Well, since everyone can't afford a muscle car, everyone has to drive a Yugo" rules.

http://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/opinions.nsf/3AF8B4D938CDEEA685257C6000532062/$file/11-1355-1474943.pdf

What did I miss? :blink:

I'm new here, but if we have to pay to be on this forum...

I think this is referring to this news story...and has nothing to do with this forum specifically....

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/01/14/court-strikes-down-fccs-net-neutrality-rule/

I think this is referring to this news story...and has nothing to do with this forum specifically....

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/01/14/court-strikes-down-fccs-net-neutrality-rule/

Oh... That went through did it... I had forgotten I guess.

Wow... For once I am actually in agreement with the FCC. And why am I not surprised that it was Verizon pushing the issue.

Pay?

I pay an annually membership fee and in return I receive the CC and the privilege of shooting a large match or two.

And now pay for the honor of posting on a forum about low down blue belly Yankees? :)

I don't think so.

And I don't. Still get about 50 channels of free broadcast with my 35 year old antenna in the attic.

Doesn't make much difference, though. There still isn't anything fit to watch.

+1. I just purchased our first functional TV in several years. I've had it on for about 2 hours total, just to make sure the antenna set up was working. I watched part of a PBS show on white tail deer the first time and part of a PBS show on the history of aviation after I "fixed" the antenna. That's all. Unless we have some severe weather forecast that I need to pay attention to or something significant in the news, it will probably stay off.

well, folks, its the good ole free enterprise system at work. WIll be interesting to see how it works its way out. I suspect at some point in time the govmint is going to figure out a way to tax the internet. States are already starting to put sales tax on stuff delivered to their states. I suspect the feds will figure out a way to put a fee or tax or "stamp" on email. just a smidgin at first, say .001/email. then it will be like the US mail, and pretty soon we will be paying .10 each or more.

Archived