SASS Wire Forum

One Bomber down. One on the loose

I am sure some of the 'taking heads' in the media are sad that they turned out not to be Tea Party NRA loving white patriots :rolleyes:

Prayers up for our law enforcement officers that hunt these bastards down - and special prayers for the ones who sacrifice their lives doing so - like MIT officer 26 year old Sean Collier killed early this morning.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Hope no other officers get harmed, but if they happen to plug him along the way I won't feel bad....

It's only a matter of time before the second animal is taken out. The only question I have is whether or not they acted independently or are a cell. Given the history of Chechnya I`m leaning toward the latter. Not good news. The Chechnyan extremists are some fanatical murderes.

A definite media frenzy right now for sure.

Apparently they have a house (houses) surrounded...

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1155606982001/

NBC news: Two people in custody as hunt for 2nd bomber continues

CBS Boston: http://boston.cbslocal.com/live-video/

apparently an uncle of the supects told the media that the one suspect killed was a 'loser' and that 'he deserved it' ( being killed).

After the debacle about an arrest being made the other day the press said they would be very careful about speculating and releasing incorrect info yada yada.

That's all out the window now.

After the debacle about an arrest being made the other day the press said they would be very careful about speculating and releasing incorrect info yada yada.

That's all out the window now.

seems they got this one right

We're all getting a demo of what has resulted from the expansion of law enforcement since 2001. This entire city and the surrounding area is occupied. Boston Police, State Police, FBI, ATF, another dozen police departments from surrounding towns, the MBTA police, and what appear to be National Guard troops in fatigues. SWAT teams, Fire Dept. vehicles, armored vehicles, etc.

If there is an asset in a 25 mile radius, it is on the streets

LL

I am NOT making light of this situation but for some reason it reminds me of two young officers I worked with years ago... Call them John and Jim. Both extremely dedicated, enthusiastic, gung ho, fit young guys. One night they were dealing with an individual who decided to run away from them. Officer Jim takes off in foot pursuit and Officer John reports Jim told the knuckle head "I'm gonna get you" as both start the chase.

Well Officer Jim starts to gain on the runner and Officer John relates Officer Jim tells goofy "I'm gonna get you." The chase goes on a bit longer, Officer Jim closes the gap and again tells goofy "I'm gonna get you."

The gap closes, Officer Jim takes goofy down in a forceful, positive manner and once in custody Officer Jim tells the subject "I told you I was gonna get you."

That's what is going to happen in this case too, good police work is going to win the day. With luck suspect 2 will be taken into custody and be wrung out for every bit of intel the sick freak can provide.

We're all getting a demo of what has resulted from the expansion of law enforcement since 2001. This entire city and the surrounding area is occupied. Boston Police, State Police, FBI, ATF, another dozen police departments from surrounding towns, the MBTA police, and what appear to be National Guard troops in fatigues. SWAT teams, Fire Dept. vehicles, armored vehicles, etc.

If there is an asset in a 25 mile radius, it is on the streets

LL

Stay safe pard.

It's only a matter of time before the second animal is taken out. The only question I have is whether or not they acted independently or are a cell. Given the history of Chechnya I`m leaning toward the latter. Not good news. The Chechnyan extremists are some fanatical murderes.

A definite media frenzy right now for sure.

People from that part of the world know how to hate and hold a grudge. And if the grudge dies of old age, they have it stuffed and mounted.

I agree with Utah Bob, these two kids didn't get the idea to do this all by themselves.

Two young male Muslims...who woulda thought...

And CNN is bending over backwards to describe suspect #2 (19 year) as a normal teenager who smokes and drinks based on comments from former friends. They're trying to minimize the Muslim connection. This is the beginning of their narrative.

At the risk of becoming one of those aggravating, uninformed talking heads who endlessly speculate about the "why" questions in this scenario, there have been a few details reported on the local coverage that appear to add something to the analysis.

Both men have been in the US for 8-10 years;

The older brother, "Suspect #1", was a decent boxer, making his way into the Golden Gloves program, and was a potential US Olympic Team candidate; however he is described by an uncle as "a loser", and complained that he had "not one friend" in America; he apparently told his parents, now living in Russia, that he was a second year med student; that is unconfirmed.

The younger brother (Suspect #2) graduated from a local high school, where he was a decent wrestler. He reportedly earned a $2500 scholarship, and briefly attended a local community college. High school acquaintances described him as "quiet but nice" and far from the type of person they would suspect to be an angry bomber.

I'm with UB; no sense trying to figure out motivations and psyches until all of the facts are in and they are confirmed. If we were not dealing with ugly death and maiming, it would almost be hilarious to listen to these reporters, tripping over themselves trying to fill air time with baseless speculation and ludicrous statements.

Patience, and all will be revealed. Well, maybe.

LL

And CNN is bending over backwards to describe suspect #2 (19 year) as a normal teenager who smokes and drinks based on comments from former friends. They're trying to minimize the Muslim connection. This is the beginning of their narrative.

Why the apparent problem with minimizing a Muslim connection? The last thing we need are some hotheads getting inspired to run around offing innocent people becaiuse of their religion.

Why the apparent problem with minimizing a Muslim connection? The last thing we need are some hotheads getting inspired to run around offing innocent people becaiuse of their religion.

True - noboby wants inncocents getting hurt. However, if there is a Muslim connection it shouldn't be minimized like what happened in the Fort Hood attack.

Too early to speculate motive, but if indeed it has an Islamic connection it needs to be called out for what it is.

"Let me be very clear, the terrorist attack in Boston and evolving events indicate we have a domestic radical Islamic terror problem in America. We must no longer allow the disciples of political correctness and the acolytes of the Muslim Brotherhood (CAIR, ISNA, MPAC, MAS) to preach to us some misconceived definition of tolerance and subservience. When tolerance becomes a one way street it leads to cultural suicide. Carlos Bledsoe in Little Rock, MAJ Hasan in Ft Hood, the Ft Dix Six, Faisal Shahazad in NYC Times Square -- these are just the examples I can type now. When Rep Peter King attempted to have hearings on domestic terrorism he was attacked for being racist. No more excuses. No more apologies." Col. Allen West
Anyway - that's all I'll post on this subject on this thread.

This epic did not begin well, and I suspect that it will not end well.

Betting hard money that more to this story than two disgruntled young men on a bombing lark

for kicks and giggles. It has all the marks of a sinister program.

"The father of suspected Boston Marathon bomber called on his son today to give up peacefully, but warned the U.S. that if his son is killed "all hell will break loose.""

http://abcnews.go.com/US/boston-bomb-suspects-dad-tells-son-surrender-hell/story?id=18995936#.UXFZUMpWKSo

geez...what about the victims from both of your son's actions dad.... <_<

Howdy:

I am surprised (no, I am not surprised) by the lack of comment on just WHO dis this. I suppose we will have to wait for CNN and the jackasses there to report it was Evangelical Scot Presbyterians, or Roman Catholics or Evangelical Laestadian Lutherans who did this. After all, remember the Crusaders - they were Christians. Probably linked to Southern Baptists. GRRRR

Expect nothing, because that is what will will get. It was Elmer Fudd that did this (he is a gun owner you know)! I am going to go vomit now.

STL Suomi

I agree with Utah Bob, these two kids didn't get the idea to do this all by themselves.

Two young male Muslims...who woulda thought...

You picked up on that, too! Father says the dead one was an "Angel".

I just listened to the live interview with the uncle. I hope that the media releases a full transcript of the interview. The uncle is a legal immigrant who came to the US for all the right reasons, and he had nothing but praise for his adopted country. He also had the strongest words about his nephews.

Chechnya is predominately Sunni Muslim, it appears that these two have had some field craft training. I suspect their is a large number of conspirators.

You can bet they will play down the islamic connection, When barry makes a statement it will be similar to the "work place violence" attack at Fort Hood carried out by hasson. ( I refuse to use the title of Major on that scumbag)

We'll hear this:

"let's not hold an entire group of people responsible for the actions of one or two individuals"

Too bad America's 93 million + law abiding gun owners are never offered that thought or courtesy when some nut case decides to shoot someone

I just listened to the live interview with the uncle. I hope that the media releases a full transcript of the interview. The uncle is a legal immigrant who came to the US for all the right reasons, and he had nothing but praise for his adopted country. He also had the strongest words about his nephews.

Damn right! I got his back!

UNusual for Chechens to be involved in attacks on US. There are some Chechens in Al Qaeda and it's offshoots however, so some recruiting may have been done. I would have suspected a claim from one of those groups by this time. It will be interesting if they can discover any international travel recently for these two.

UNusual for Chechens to be involved in attacks on US. There are some Chechens in Al Qaeda and it's offshoots however, so some recruiting may have been done. I would have suspected a claim from one of those groups by this time. It will be interesting if they can discover any international travel recently for these two.

That is what I am awaiting to hear. Something just does not ring true about this. Two young men do not just go out and set off

homemade bombs in a crowd for a lark. Granted that young men are capable of some pretty stupid things, but somehow that

does not seem to be the case here. They apparently had firearms but did not choose to use them until after the bombing.

Pipe bombs and other explosive devices were in their possession.

I am certain that the Feds have a lot more in their dossier than the talking heads have, but we will have to wait for it to play out.

I am ok with that. I just hope that nobody gets killed or injured in the wait. This kid is like a wounded animal. Unpredictable.

Reports that I see are that they have not been in Chechnya for many years.

It was reported on TV the oldest one was back to Russia for seven months and they do not know his travels there. Think they said in 2011.

Archived