SASS Wire Forum

Burned out!

Jack Houston # 35508

Guest diablo slim shootist

WE have IDPA at our gun range Jack ...come check it out..and stop by and say Howdy. Diablo ;)

Jack, it happens to many of us through the years pard. Health has been really been cutting into my cowboy recently ut there was also somewhat a burnout involved also. I used to love fishing but gave it up completely to play with guns but been thinking lately that it sure would be nice to wet a hook one more time. Bought me a small used jon boat last week and as soon as I can I will git a 10 horse to push it. A day alone on the water will make the whole world go away fer a short spell, try it, you'll like it. Not to sure how well I can handle not having a chew and some cold beer though!

Jack...........

Sometimes the answer to "Burn Out"...is to diversify..........

We do CAS 2nd & 4th Saturdays here in St. George...........

So - I started shooting "Practical Pistol" on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays.........and there are parts of both sports which transfer back and forth and it has helped me be a better shooter..........

Just a thought..........regards......Wolf

Think I'll try IDPA and 3-gun for awhile!

Still do CAS Leather

It's fun shooting on the move. I enjoy both these sports. I'm mixing in some trap recently to keep my shooting experiences fresh.

Just got back from Gas station and grocery store :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Might have to sell

There is no shame in that my brother. Most all of us have been marginalized in this economy. I pray this is not because of illness in your family or loss of income due to lack of work. I lost my Mom and Mom n law and my wife was up in Iowa for 6 weeks which was costly.

I have had to do some deals on the wire and gunbroker and ya know what? I shuffled around and still have plenty of guns to shoot with. I greatly reduced the herd of black powder weapons and sniped some deals and now I have more toys than I ever did. Do I really shoot my derringer that much? No. I sold a Winchester breakdown and bought a Chinchester for $180. Tight as Richards hat band. Crummy wood, but who cares.

I will inherit some money this summer and ya know what? I am gonna buy a rig of speedy quickness from ya. You have the word of a Master Mason. Don't despair you have friends.

Thomas J. Craven, your somewhat Shameless Pard

Ah yes, the true Cowboy Way...

:wacko:

[/quote

Agree with you Phantom. I wonder if our friend understands the concept of Karma?

Just got back from Gas station and grocery store :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Might have to sell guns, ammo costumes ect. just to be able to eat :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :unsure: :unsure:

Hey Jack, sell body parts first. You can get BIG bucks on the black market for a kidney.

Jack-have you TRIED IDPA?? I have, and it ain't 1/2 the fun of CAS, if ANY!

Yes, I have. You only need 1 gun and alot less ammo!

Want to try 3-gun or I've seen video's of 1 pistol and a AR shoots.

Can't do any worse than my career in CAS! I'm tired of just being in top ten in Major Matches! No matter what I do there's someone out there better! I reached my Peak in 1966 when my HS football team won Texas State Championship.

Hey Jack, do like me! Now I had help due to a hurt arm like Stormy. I took a year off and went down the road on my bike. Texas country side is beautiful this time of year. You meet all kinds of new people. What ever you do.......enjoy life!

Cowhand........

Yes, I have. You only need 1 gun and alot less ammo!

Want to try 3-gun or I've seen video's of 1 pistol and a AR shoots.

Can't do any worse than my career in CAS! I'm tired of just being in top ten in Major Matches! No matter what I do there's someone out there better! I reached my Peak in 1966 when my HS football team won Texas State Championship.

If I ever got in the top 10 I'd faint dead away. :lol:

I expect many folks would.

Hey Jack, sell body parts first. You can get BIG bucks on the black market for a kidney.

There is a reason his picture isn't on this website.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or your's either!!

That's actually Manatee's High School yearbook photo.

If I ever got in the top 10 I'd faint dead away. :lol:

I expect many folks would.

Geez, I do Frontiersman, and in my neck of the woods, I'm the only one!!!

:mellow:

Okay you April fooled me. I still wanna buy one of your speedy quick rigs this summer. We will just haveta make adjustments for my extreme girth and allowances for if I go on a diet.

Shameless

Okay you April fooled me. I still wanna buy one of your speedy quick rigs this summer. We will just haveta make adjustments for my extreme girth and allowances for if I go on a diet.

Shameless

Who said it was an April Fools Post??? :unsure:

Who said it was an April Fools Post??? :unsure:

Jack I get a good case of burnout periodically and take a break, in fact I am on one now, not shooting but still making products for the future champions, Sometimes this gives me time to get refreshed and come up with something new. But mostly patience.

OK..........I was kidding..........or was I ????

Haven't shot but once since Nov. I am kinda' laying low for now, but mainly because lack of $$$ and being sickly. :wacko: Of course all this Off Time won't help my game at all :angry:

sometimes it is good to do something else for awhile. People can get in a rut. people get tired of seeing and hearing the arguements on the wire and dont want to subject thier kids to it. I been thinking of introducing my son to some other shooting venues but I fear the personalities will be the same.

Archived