SASS Wire Forum

LE Members are a valuable part of SASS

Captain Bill Burt

A recent thread addressing our police friends has vanished, thankfully.

The purpose of this thread is to let our law enforcement pards know how much we appreciate all they do for our communities and SASS. If you don't feel that way, just move on please.

I am not a LEO, nor have I ever wanted to be, but I have quite a few SASS pards who are in Law Enforcement, Tuco, Badlands Bob, Lawman Mark, Loquacious Bill, and many others. Thanks guys for all you do to help keep us all safe. I leave you with a quote from George Orwell.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

A recent thread addressing our police friends has vanished, thankfully.

So now ya wanna start another one to get em bashed em again? :o

100% ~ THANK YOU LEO pards!! Prayers for your safety as you work hard at keeping us safe the best you can! ...and a big THANK YOU to your families for supprtin' ya the best they can!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

So now ya wanna start another one to get em bashed em again? :o

Actually if you read the original post you will realize that you are cordially invited NOT to participate. If you feel the need to bash you are, of course, free to start your own thread. Please don't hijack.

Thanks Capt. Not necessary though. We know we have both friends and detractors here. More of the former than the latter thankfully. :)

Actually if you read the original post you will realize that you are cordially invited NOT to participate. If you feel the need to bash you are, of course, free to start your own thread. Please don't hijack.

I was neither bashing or praising, but just asking a question.

I agree wholeheartedly, Cap'n. I knew long ago that I didn't have the right attitude to go into law enforcement. Those men and women have my utmost respect. My temperament is such that I would be more tempted to do away with some perps than put up with their guff. I probably wouldn't even mind doing all the paperwork involved either, just as long as we weren't bothered by the jerks anymore. See? Isn't it good that I didn't go into law enforcement? :)

Thanks Capt. Bill Burt, the stories I could tell over the last 27 years as a popo. Some strange and scary, but a lot are funny as hell. Most criminals aren't the sharpest pencils in the box.

:FlagAm:

Thanks Capt. Bill Burt, the stories I could tell over the last 27 years as a popo. Some strange and scary, but a lot are funny as hell. Most criminals aren't the sharpest pencils in the box.

ain't that the truth

Captain Bill,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, you exemplify the cowboy way that some have lost......or never had. ;)

BSD

Thank you and I pray for continued safety for those still out there doing the job.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

I sleep safely because I have a gated property with motion detectors, a monitored burglar alarm, a German Shepherd burglar alarm, a .40 S&W in the side drawer, a tactical 12 ga. with buckshot under the bed; the wife has a .38 +P Lady Smith in her drawer, with a tactical 20 ga. with buckshot under the bed.

That said, I appreciate the guys and gals who for the most part do a thankless job, often considered the bad guy. :blink: I'm still suspect of that Utah Bob guy...;)

AMEN Please let me add that I do so admire and respect all of the Law Enforcement officers here both active and retired. Thank you so much.

I sleep safely because I have a gated property with motion detectors, a monitored burglar alarm, a German Shepherd burglar alarm, a .40 S&W in the side drawer, a tactical 12 ga. with buckshot under the bed; the wife has a .38 +P Lady Smith in her drawer, with a tactical 20 ga. with buckshot under the bed.

That said, I appreciate the guys and gals who for the most part do a thankless job, often considered the bad guy. :blink: I'm still suspect of that Utah Bob guy...;)

You need not be.

I'm retired. :lol: :lol:

Thanks Capt. Bill Burt ........... Most criminals aren't the sharpest pencils in the box.

And that is why the jails are so full. Of course, having the fine men and women we have currently Serving & Protecting also has a lot to do with it! :D

"popo" first time I've ever heard an LEO refer to himself in thug slang.

Thanks Capt. Bill Burt...

28 years as a cop. Probably got another 12 or 13 to go before I can afford to retire.

Bad Hand...in some areas "popo" isn't considered thug slang.

Thanks Captain Bill.

Badlands Bob (31 years and counting)

BLB....did you get your wife Brisket to calculate that for you....I know you can't count. You miscounted all of my misses at last week's match, even took off your shoes to count them :)

All kidding aside..... we all owe a debt of gratitude to our law enforcement folks.

A big THANK YOU to all of our LEOs.

"popo" first time I've ever heard an LEO refer to himself in thug slang.

No not really, the inner city kids refer to the uniform guys as popos, with no disrespect intended.

BLB....did you get your wife Brisket to calculate that for you....I know you can't count. You miscounted all of my misses at last week's match, even took off your shoes to count them :)

All kidding aside..... we all owe a debt of gratitude to our law enforcement folks.

A big THANK YOU to all of our LEOs.

I make sure you get exactly what you deserve. All of your misses are pre-programed into the computer. If you'll check with Rio Grande Russ, he can tell you how many misses you'll have next match. :lol:

I make sure you get exactly what you deserve. All of your misses are pre-programed into the computer. If you'll check with Rio Grande Russ, he can tell you how many misses you'll have next match. :lol:

If that's the case I need to talk to Russ about a small, umm, 'debt' yeah debt, that I owe him. ;)

If that's the case I need to talk to Russ about a small, umm, 'debt' yeah debt, that I owe him. ;)

Russ is the man. Honest and reliable as the day is long, but, I have heard rumors that he can be bought with cake.

Ah, that explains a lot :)

I can go in 5years, 9 mo, 6 days,lol, if Caribou Cupcake lets me that is.........i love the job still and thank you so much for the kind words here friends.:)........

Load em hot and heavy

Ornery Oaf

Cops spend a lot of time dealing with the lowest levels of society. Thanks for the job you do, and for being able to do it right most of the time. And for the retired LEOs, glad you made it... :FlagAm:

Cops spend a lot of time dealing with the lowest levels of society......

Some of them on a weekly basis. But we get to meet and help alot of good people, too.

Archived