SASS Wire Forum

You make the call

BJT

Gun order:

pistol - rifle - pistol - shotgun

All guns fired hit the correct targets.

Shooter and RO forget about the second pistol, it never leaves the holster.

Penalties?

Regards,

BJT

Gun order:

Penalties?

Regards,

BJT

hang the stage writer for splitting those pistols up :lol:

Gun order:

Penalties?

Regards,

BJT

Hey I just don't know if I could give a P on this

Me thinks You have to DO something wrong to get the P

Wimp

I know BJT has some kind of trick up his sleeve, but I don't see how it can be anything but the obvious.

5 unfired rounds x 5 seconds each

1 Procedural for shooting guns out of order.

But the cynic is me believes there has to be a detail missing, because this one is too simple.

I find it hard to believe that the shooter, RO, 3 spotters, and the "peanut gallery" didn't notice the shooter not shooting his second revolver.

It happened and you would not believe how few people knew a P was required because the guns were shot in the wrong order!

Very Best Regards,

BJT

5 misses and a P.

You HATE it as an RO if something like this happens.

And it did happen to me as the RO.

Was not feeling well at all. And sure not on top of my game.

Shooter did just that. Me and the shooter just flat misses shooting

the 2nd pistol. When he was done. The spotters then said something about the 2nd pistol.

WOW. You talk about feeling BAD. That was over a year and a half ago and I still feel bad.

Shooter took it really good.

But still. Ya feel like &^%$ for not catching something like that.

Makes ya want to give up running the timer for sure.

Hello,

From the ROI, the P is for "Failure to attempt to fire a firearm," not "gun order."

The P was earned when the first shotgun round was fired. So, yeah, "gun order".

Hmmmmmm, as a sudent of angel populations and pin heads, the shooter earned the P when he fired the shotgun as this was the wrong gun order. Even if he had subsequently fired the revolver and attempted to fire all guns, he would still have the P.

The failure to attempt to fire procedural is only meaningful if the unfired gun is the last in order.

Cheers,

BJT

Hello,

From the ROI, the P is for "Failure to attempt to fire a firearm," not "gun order." Then, there are the misses for "each unfired round."

Regards,

Allie Mo

Lots of old people shoot SASS, ever wonder why they make the shooting order and gun order so complicated? :blink:

I know I do!!!!!!!!!!!

With all due respect, if spliting pistols is too complicated, you need to find another sport. With all due respect to Anvil Al, if you're not feeling well, don't TO or spot. Maybe don't shoot if your affliction is serious enough.

That being said, if I were the TO I would blame myself,feel like crap, and I would hand off the timer.

Respectfully,

Fillmore

What about showing up at the unloading table with 5 rounds still in a gun, hammer down on an empty of coarse. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Revolver, no call.

Rifle and shotgun either 1 msv or 5 msv depending on the hardness of a posterior.....

What about showing up at the unloading table with 5 rounds still in a gun, hammer down on an empty of coarse. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Generally the gun order is less complicated in USPSA and ALWAYS less complicated in Steel Challenge, what with only having one gun and all ^_^

Very Best Regards,

BJT

*QUOTE*

With all due respect, if spliting pistols is too complicated, you need to find another sport.

With all due respect, I have, I also shoot USPSA/IDPA/STEEL. There all less complicated than SASS.

Big Jake

No Call. If that's all a fella did it would be 5 misses unless they were a Gunfighter who drew the gun at one point.

Fillmore

With all due respect, I have, I also shoot USPSA/IDPA/STEEL. There all less complicated than SASS.

Added: when you're my age (in 21 years) think about this post

I meant no insult. I just disagree that splitting pistols is complicated to most CAS shooters. It may be becoming less common but complicated, no. IMHO

Fillmore

With all due respect, if spliting pistols is too complicated, you need to find another sport. With all due respect to Anvil Al, if you're not feeling well, don't TO or spot. Maybe don't shoot if your affliction is serious enough.

That being said, if I were the TO I would blame myself,feel like crap, and I would hand off the timer.

Respectfully,

Fillmore

I tell ya now. I DID, and still DO, feel like crap about it.

Wished there was a way to have put it all on my score sheet instead of his.

One of the things I will NEVER forget or forgive myself for.

Thank goodness it did not cost him a spot in his category.

Believe me. I check as soon as the scores came out.

But things happen. And it did. All I could/can do from it is learn.

Unless I'm mistaken, it's the RO's job to make sure this type of thing doesn't happen. If I was ROing, I'd offer an apology, and a re-shoot.

By the way, I LOVE splitting handguns. If I'm shooting a stage that allows it, I do it.

The RO's primary job is safety. Making sure the shooter does not screw up the procedure is a nice to have. A reshoot is never justified by advice an RO faied to give.

Cheers,

BJT

The TOs job is to safely assist the shooter thru the stage. If I'm shooting and I screw up, and it happened last weekend, it's my fault. My TO, when he realized I screwed up, (it was El Lazo), just kept his mouth shut. He knew that if he said anything it might have screwed me up more, perhaps causing a miss.

When I TO I watch the shooter and their guns. If a shooter asks me about the sequence and I don't know, I say, "I don't know." Wrong advice, is the only advice where a reshoot is warranted.

Anvil Al, don't beat yourself up. It wasn't your fault. TFF, thanks for understanding what I was getting at. I meant no disrespect. As my favorite Elder Statesman, Old Law Dawg says, "It's a shooting competition, not a memory quiz."

Respectfully,

Fillmore

I'm a little curious.

If you go through the flow chart, would it call for a procedure penalty?

Or is this a case that the flow chart is over ridden by other definitions?

Big Jake

Big Jake:

I have OVER analyzed your post and here is what I think. And because we are talking about pistols, I assumed your post is about pistols.

ANYHOW:

IF the shooter shows up at the UNloadding table with 5 rounds (live) still in a gun, with hammer down on an empty, that would mean that the shooter had 6 cartridges in that pistol and would get 5 misses for unfired rounds, a MSV for not following loading table procedures on the current stage AND, if the shooter had shot a previous stage that day, they would get a SDQ from the previous stage for not following unloading table guidelines/rules by insuring all empties had been removed.

How did I do?

I know, I'm thinkin tooooooo much.

..........Widder

The RO's primary job is safety. Making sure the shooter does not screw up the procedure is a nice to have. A reshoot is never justified by advice an RO faied to give.

Cheers,

BJT

And no reason to feel bad about doing that job!

This last weekend I ran past the doorway where I was supposed to shoot the pistols, all the way to the window where I shot the rifle, then returned to the doorway for the pistols.

TO said "you wuz already shootin' before I could stop ya".

I was feeling pretty good that I could do it faster than he could think it!

We had a good chuckle about that, I took the "P" and went on.

Olen

I wouldn't assess the P. The guns were fired in the correct order. Only if the shooter returned to fire the revolver would I assess the P. 5 misses only.

If the shooter forgot the last pistol on the loading bench, I doubt anyone would give the P. It should make no difference that it's in his holster.

Archived