SASS Wire Forum

Whats YOUR excuse?

Hondo Tucker

A transient black hole passed overhead while shooting; creating a gravitational well, which affected not only the trajectory of the bullet as it migrated towards the target, but the inverse velocity effect which is equivalent to the inverse square of the decrease in velocity over the distance from muzzle to target surface, resulted in not only the bullet being pulled off course, but the delta V of the bullet allowed the effect of the gravitational well to be the equivalent of the square of the velocity at the muzzle divided by velocity at the target.

This is a phenomenon commonly known as a gravity storm. Such storms are invisible and therefore it's impossible to predict when one will crop up...

That happens to you too? :D

Actually had an employee call and leave that message on my answering machine, I shared it with everyone on the jobsite.

LL'

You've heard of reverse raffles? I thought it was a reverse stage.... :P

or

I was trying to make you feel better... :P

cheyenne :P

or

that was my imitation of you shooting :o

It turns out that I had accidentally put my right pistol in my left holster and my left pistol in my right holster which created an imbalance in the magnetic field of the earth. This was due to the different amount of metal being removed from each gun in the process of placing the different serial numbers on each gun. This caused light refraction that in turn caused the steel targets to not appear in their correct position similar to the way a fish is not where you think he is when you look at him in the water from the bank. Had my pistols been consecutive serial numbered, it would not have made as much of a difference and any misses would have been edge hits...or better.

Oh, no! Mine are not consecutively numbered, either. :unsure:

I have reasons....but no excuses. :rolleyes:

I ate some bad cookie dough and there's something goin on in there...not sure if it's the Coriolis Effect or a tremor from the New Madrid Fault, but from what I can tell it's gonna affect more than my shooting! :blink: You may want to stand upwind of Rowdy Buckshot AND me! :o

For those of you that were at the last Prince of Pistoleers;

Everything I know I learned from the Alamo Kid

Chantilly was talking! Doc Hurd tied up my guns again!

Excuses? What Excuses? I don't need no stinkin' excuses! I shoot .36 cal. 1851s... Even my hits are called misses!

Hey, I was told about this here "blame Chantilly" thing. Talk'n and Sing'n is Root'n for ya...think how badly you'd shoot without me!

Excuses -

I was going to change my name to "Miss Eight" cause I could miss eight on any stage. See...I'm getting better :-).

Target? What target? You people been drinking? There's no stinking target there!

Always remember...Shoot clean for the Queen or it's off with your head! :-)

Most Sincerely and quite accurately,

Chantilly aka Queen of Hearts

The increase in sunspots have accelerated global warming (as predicted by super genius A.G.) raising the temps in the area of the Kansas championships causing excess perspiration to get in my eyes resulting in temporary blindness. (couldn't see the dang targets!!!)

My ammunition was improperly manufactured (wait I reload my own - never mind!)

My opponents convinced an attractive lady shooter dressed as a soiled dove to distract me (actually happened!!)

My overly powerful loads and incredible split speed pushed the target to one side as I double tapped it causing the second bullet to miss. (possible but very very unlikely!)

I always aim for the edges but these targets are a little thinner than I am used to.

regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

PHEW!!!!! Gateway didn't use me for any of his "excuses"....Or did he...???????HMMM? :wub:

one sock must be thicker than the other causing me to lean at a weird angle...

i pushed my ear plugs in too far cauing me to forget how to follow simple instructions...

the voices in my head told me to miss otherwise there would be dire consequences...

Your sock???? REALLY?????????? :lol:

With the KANSAS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP match coming up June 10 - 12, I need to get some new excuses for my bad shooting! My pards are getting tired of "The sun was in my eyes" and other lame excuses. Have you got any good ones?

:blush: Don't tell em, just pick any number from 1 to 199 and give that number as the excuse. Then if they ask, tell em its secret stuff and if you have to tell em you'll have to kill em. :lol:

Archived