SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Don't laugh. That meme is based on a bill that was introduced in the California Legislature a few years ago that was so broad in the definition of "ghost gun" that any chunk of aluminum big enough to be machined into an AR lower, or piece of sheet metal big enough to be stamped into an AK receiver could be considered a functional firearm. The quote is from the then president of the CA State Senate Kevin "Ghost Gun" de Leon at a press conference talking about the evils of 80% guns.
  3. I put the quoted text into ChatGPT and got this response: Well, partner, if you're lookin' to quicken your draw with them single-action pistols like the old Vaquero, you're in for a ride down the dusty trail of improvement. Now, when it comes to shootin' faster than a rattlesnake's strike, there's a few tricks us old west aficionados have up our sleeves. First off, let's talk about them hammers. You mentioned the Blackhawk hammer and the Bisley hammer. Now, the shape and weight of that there hammer can make a heap of difference in how fast you can cock that pistol. Some folks find the Bisley hammer gives 'em a better grip and leverage, makin' it quicker to cock. But others swear by the classic Blackhawk hammer for its familiarity and balance. Next, it's all about practice, pardner. You gotta spend time on the range, honin' your skills like a blacksmith temperin' a blade. Work on your draw, your aim, and your trigger finger speed. Smoothness and efficiency are key. You want every movement to be like a well-oiled wagon wheel, slick and steady. Don't forget about your stance neither. Plant them boots firm on the ground, square your shoulders, and focus your gaze like a hawk eyein' its prey. A solid stance will give you the stability you need to shoot true and fast. And lastly, don't neglect your gear. Make sure your holster fits snug and allows for a smooth draw. A good holster can shave precious seconds off your time, makin' you quicker on the draw than a jackrabbit dartin' through the brush. So there you have it, partner. With the right hammer, plenty of practice, a steady stance, and the proper gear, you'll be shootin' faster than a streak of lightning in no time. Just remember, speed ain't everything. Accuracy counts too, so always take your time to aim true before pullin' that trigger.
  4. Dealing with something. I don't know if you have played with AI any - but for anyone that hasn't; it is an interesting process. I have zero understanding of how it is "done" - but how it works is kind of cool; but once you see certain things - it begins to jump out. To create an AI response (at least from the source we are using - I have heard others can vary) You offer up "prompts" or bullet points for all the stuff you want it to address. And you can tell it to present the information in a "style". So in the case of our "friend" - someone would enter a laundry list of points. How to get faster shooting handguns? Single action models. Old model Vaquero. Using blackhawk hammer. Using Bisley hammer. So on and so on. Present the answer as an old west enthusiast. AI then scours the internet for information (or makes it up) - compiles into a response and style. If you dont like all the information or presentation - you can use the response itself as a guide and say "using this response - make more conversational and less technical" so on and so on. And since your prompts can be nearly limitless - after a while of stacking up modifications; you can fine tune the responses to read nearly indistinguishable from a human. Why use it to form responses on a forum? Not sure - it is not without some effort; but SkyNet is as good of a suggestion as any.
  5. These are all slightly used but in great shape. $60 a set shipped
  6. Buy what makes you happy. All are good, some have some unique quirks but it is an investment into your happiness. I prefer Ruger and Colt, I have used the Italian Pistolas without any regrets but appreciate the feel of the Colt SAA and the toughness of the NMV. Go to a shoot and test drive a few, I have not met anyone in CAS that would be opposed to sharing and even providing some ammo. My go-to pair are shown below....
  7. Prediction: The Court will rule 6-3 in favor of our civil rights, California and New York will double down with laws that make every screw, spring, and pin a "firearm. "
  8. The ejector springs in the Rossi '92's probably came from the trucks on a railroad boxcar! I have some early Puma and M95 Rossi's, and had to cut a turn-and-a-half off the ejector springs and then compressed the spring in a bench vise! Haven't had any problems, and as I keep my trigger finger out of the guard until the action is fully closed, I'm not sure if the hammer will fall. Mine are in .44-40 and .44 Magnum, respectively. Glad you weren't seriously hurt!
  9. Magtech sells 125 grain RNFP ammo for the CAS market. Each round costs 78 cents +shipping. That's why most of us reload our metallic cartridge ammo.
  10. I gave up on the wet process, I went to mixing these dry at a 50/50 mix and tumble brass dry. Works great for me. This even gets the BP brass clean and shining. I use the Hornady Vibratory Tumbler, set it on a timer and walk away. .
  11. Today
  12. But dry tumbling will never get the primer pockets really clean, especially if you shoot BP. I used to have a few high primers in a batch, now I never do if I tumble with the primers out at least eve4y 4 times. Don't do it all the time, don't need to. I load for 4 of us in the family who shoot, so the fewer problems I have with ammo the better.
  13. Hey Coffinmaker, Im guessing you’re back in PA? Thanks for the info. A retired officer from Swissvale, (home of Union Switch & Signal and their famous 1911A1) was asking me about them.
  14. How much could it mess ‘em up if we all went back at ‘em with praise and accolades for the insights?
  15. Not obsessed either. But I had trouble with the "As long as it's clean it's fine!" part when I did dry tumbling, especially on the insides of the cases. And the mess that dry tumbling itself made while separating the media from the brass, while wet tumbling makes none whatsoever. To each his own!
  16. Hey Barleypop!! YEPPER!! I certainly have a Pietta 1878 replicant. Bought it directly off the display wall after it was introduced at Shot Show. The guns are in FACT made in Italy. They are of extreme HIGH QUALITY. They are a little stiff out of the box because of tight tolerances. they also have quite heavy Main Springs. A little judicious rubbin-n-buffin eases the "stiff" part and very careful attention to the Main Springs makes them quite nice. They also smooth up nicely with use. I'm going to be piddling with another one this weekend. Initially, When I took my Pietta apart, I compared it to my Pedersoli. Same same even though Pietta say they make their own. Pietta parts interchange pretty much "drop in." The guns ain't cheap. They are, however, worth every penny. They will outlast anyone who acquires one . . or two. THE Prairie Dawg was also answering whilst I were typing. I'm going to be "looking" at his this weekend. Wheeeeeeeeee
  17. Hey JB: I have one. Pietta shotguns are made in the Gussago Italy manufacturing facility. The facility is owned by F.LLI PIETTA F.A.P. Fabbrica Armi F.LLI PIETTA di Pietta Giuseppe & C. snc. --Dawg
  18. UPDATE::: if the light fails to light and you know the battery is charged wipe the lens of the motion detector with a paper towel. It seems moisture or dew build up and keep the sensor from operating. The motion detector lens is the dark gray circular area on the round light and the lighter protruding circular area on the long light.
  19. So basically we’re dealing with SkyNet here.
  20. I recall when a local radio announcer remarked how the smallest mammaries were in Asia and the largest were in USA, Canada was second. (Surgical alterations were not counted.) I wanted to point out that such measurements were heavily correlated to obesity.
  21. I remember in Boy Scout cooking - both second class and first class - the meat portion was always listed as 4 ounces. Even at the age of 13 I thought 4 ounces of meat was an awful little amount.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.