SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. This guy on ebay might be what you're looking for: https://www.ebay.com/itm/134097842594?itmmeta=01HWEZ21PT6J8EFC811EBXENQQ&hash=item1f38dab1a2:g:oggAAOSwystiZ0-k&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAAwEzmUvXBXytHixVXigv62IUBtoWRs9sYWMol%2BPXCddpvoiKiWButJM%2B3p07w3r0nNXq7IZsbCsgPItcwBqK8e07Lz4KANux0B%2BySerldzSm1I57yG83Htc4tYQfaOb0%2BpGW90k%2BqF%2FNtvrmIml8nMLG90av6Fyq9xSJ2w%2BXXbRR9iohIMTAEqnenWgnJHz9eV8XoVfwXvjzGDfy%2BYbKCAxI4oOsB9B4HWGqIO%2BRmqgOzJdadQWxYoRNZFrli3WPCSw%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR8ibiN_jYw
  3. Recently installed two of Shotgun Boogies 66 style loading gates. They make a huge improvement in slipping cartridges into an Uberti 73 rifle.
  4. Today
  5. I had a similar thing happen with a '73 hammer leaf spring. I stored the rifle for a couple months in a pull-on cloth gun sock, inside a safe. When sliding it into the sock, I evidently pulled the hammer back to the full cock position and stored it that way. When I next took it to the range, the hammer fall was visibly slow and the FP would not break about 20% of the primers.
  6. Looking for one empty case and one jacketed bullet. Making a black lacquered swagger stick like I had when I was a 2LT in 1965. My kid sister gave to me when I was commissioned and it just vanished about 35 years ago. No one seems to make them any more, but I met this guy with a lathe, the skills, and the dimensions.
  7. Just so I am clear, if I wet tumble it takes roughly the same tumbler time as dry cleaning, I have to deprime separately to facilitate quicker drying time, or p!$$ off SWMBO by using her oven or buy a dehydrator to help out, and if I miss the sun because I don't start till later in the day (or its a cool cloudy day) I have to bring it inside under a fan to continue the drying process, and I have to dispose of nasty looking water/detergent/shining agent everytime somewhere (not sure I like the idea of dumping it into the sink and then into the city system), and the next time add more of those cleaning agents, (plus worry that I didn't let my cases dry enough and have rounds that don't go boom with no way to check until I pull the trigger) and I have to collect some kind of metal pins or ceramic media for the next use, all to have pretty new looking outsides of the case. Plus when I get around to reload, depending how I deprimed, I sometimes have to run the case through the sizer again or deal with potential neck dings or media left inside the case. OR-------- I can use dry media (sometimes with rouge to polish), vibrate things for a couple hours then dump shells into a separator outside, (sometimes I wear a mask sometimes not) spin it a minute or two and put cases away till I need them? And maybe change the media once every year or so. Then reload as usual. Let me think on this...... BTW the ONLY time you will see the clean inside of the case is when you reload them, and I doubt that the minute amount of residue in there will affect a cowboy load, as far as cleaning primer pockets (for cowboy loads) I have cases that have been shot four or five times a year, some going back to 2008 and generally you can feel if there is a problem with the primer pockets being dirty enough to cause a problem, at which point I toss them in any case. Much more likely to encounter a split long before a bad or dirty primer pocket IMO. Except for hunting/long range ammo I have never actually cleaned a primer pocket. BTW I use a slightly different procedure when doing precision long range or hunting ammo but that is a subject not asked. Regards Gateway Kid
  8. Hope to see some of you characters at Alabama next week!
  9. I’m shooting titewad in AA HS hulls, 209 Cheddites, claybuster wads. For 7/8 oz loads, I’ve experimented with loads between 13 up to 15.3 grns with no appreciable difference in patterns at 30’.
  10. All stamping on the gun states it made in Italy.
  11. Question #1: Depends on the Rx that is being taken - Thyroid Rx for Example "Synthroid/levothyroxine" should be taken in the AM 30-60 min before breakfast (reason- allows pill time to dissolve & get into blood stream. Reportedly takes approx 2 hrs from ingestion of food to exit stomach and into small intestine where nutrients are absorbed. Anti-Biotics - some are known for causing stomach irritation (i.e nausea etc) - some of these are suggested to take with food (small like some saltine crackers, up to a regular meal) -- ALWAYS check for possible interactions between the pills you take (ie make sure the pill you take for complaint #A doesn't interfere with the pill you take for complaint #B or taking the two can stack up and cause worse problems. Also, what foods can/cannot be taken with the same Rx for example some blood thinners, don't like Vit K - often found in dark green leafy vegetables (swiss chard, spinach etc). Question #2: If you can get yourself on a regimen, take the pills that you normally take at that time of day (i.e. morning pills @ 8am) -- reason being is that there is a therapeutic bioavailability that must be maintained for the medicine to work correctly & also to not cause unforeseen interactions with other Rx's. Bio-availability is basically from the time you ingest the Rx, dissolves and makes it into the blood stream and thru the liver (ie 1st pass what percentage is still circulating after the 1st pass thru the liver & then each subsequent pass removes a bit more of the rx, your kidneys do similar filtration function and diuresis gets more of the rx secreted in urine or biowaste product. The therapeutic level is just what is sounds like - the level of medication in your body that provides a therapeutic effect. So each time the blood with the RX in it goes thru the filtrations system of the body (liver/kidney/colon) it is removed/eliminated in your waste products. you then have to take your next dose to maintain that therapeutic effect. By maintaining proper time intervals, you maintain a therapeutic level in your body, Question #3 Sit down with your pharmacist and ask those questions --- he/she knows the pharmacopeia backwards/forwards from a chemical standpoint ---& as always include your PCP in these discussions. I usually book the last appt of the day so I have time to chat with him. **** disclaimer, this is NOT MEDICAL ADVICE ----though i did stay at a Holiday Inn a few nights ---**** Dr. Zook attending surgeon to Hagar the Horrible & Family since the Dark Ages...
  12. I bought 500 Cowboy 38spl 125 grn with CCIprimers when I first started. I had about 10 duds out of my NMV’s purchased from John Barleycorn with Wolf Springs. I have shot 1/2 bag of their Cowboy .357 mags with no issues. They are good to deal with. I now reload my own.
  13. Moderator Admin 487 Gender:Not Telling Location:Everywhere, USA Interests:Cowboy Action Shooting! SASS# SASS Moderator SASS Headquarters Posted yesterday at 07:04 PM It's happened again! Despite the Security Notice we posted, despite posting it here. Your e-mail addresses are hidden from the outside world by default. But, many have added their email addresses again under "contact methods" or somewhere else in your public profile. If you have done that, scammers can reach out, pretending to be the seller and an unwary buyer sends the money to the scammer by mistake. Deal through PMs or directly via phone, unless you are very sure of the seller's email address. Never pay for guns via Paypal Friends & Family, or any other venue that does not support firearm transactions!!
  14. DeaconKC

Ammo

Choice ammo loads Cowboy ammo too.
  15. Gun cart checked out, ammo sorted and ready, Wednesday here I come!
  16. People live longer now than in 1957. I would stop complaining about fat people. One day a fat person might save your life.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.