SASS Wire Forum

Benefits of smoking

I’m trying a metabolic solution for my diabetes where they injected insulin and vitamins.  Today was my first treatment and a guy beside me said he stopped smoking in December and lost energy and made his diabetes worse as smoking adds b12 and other b vitamins to your body.  

I knew a lot of hyper chain smokers and wondered if that is why they are hyper.  Wonder if my cardiologist would agree I need to try that.  

meanwhile I had to take my diabetes medication afterwards despite it but will try next week 

You're a couple of days late.  April Fools is the First not the third.  No way does smoking add ANY vitamins to your body.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Start smoking tobacco products to improve your health? No offense, but that's the dumbest thing I heard all week.

Smoking tobacco will NOT help with diabetes or any other medical ailment. I'm not a medical professional but I smoked two packs+ of cigarettes for 45+ years...they have ZERO beneficial qualities to your health.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Somebody is yanking your chain, old son.  I smoked 2-3 packs a day for  about forty years.  I quit 24 years ago and the only problem I had (knock on wood) was a 30 pound weight gain....which I have now overcome. 

Smoking is the slowest way I know to commit suicide.

BTW, I was hyper and stayed hyper until my body just told me I was too old to be a kid any more.

• Like 2

Saying smoking enhances one’s health is like saying “Blowing smoke up your *** will also enhance health”

image.jpeg.ae91ef546d3ad435810b7e4012fec58c.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

Benefits of smoking?

Uh, RJ Reynolds keeps making money?

Otherwise ZERO, ever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know for a fact the drinking lots of tequila will make one bulletproof and impervious to harm. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Cigs have more chemicals in them than tobacco anymore.

Just like fast food has more chemicals than food anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

I know for a fact the drinking lots of tequila will make one bulletproof and impervious to harm. :D

Until the next day, or days in my case and I KNOW that for a fact.

Haven't had tequila since 10/31/83.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Until the next day, or days in my case and I KNOW that for a fact.

Haven't had tequila since 10/31/83.

I only drink Don Julio 70 that a friend brings me from Mexico. It is not just Tequila, it is amazing.

Otherwise tequila can be a very, very bad idea.

:D

• Haha 2

Guess it’s good I’m too cheap to buy cigarettes.  I recall when in Iraq most of my men smoked newports and during a moment of stress they gave me one a few times while there and I did get a good buzz from the menthol.   I could see why folks get addicted but I dropped it once there was a ceasefire.  

• Like 1

IMG_4811.jpeg

• Haha 5

When I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, thankfully in remission now, the doctor commented that smokers have less of a percentage of UC diagnosis then non smokers. But of course he didn't recommend taking up smoking.  Other then a rare cigar I never was a smoker.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

IMG_4811.jpeg

When I was a kid, I actually, on rare occasion, light my Grandmother's cigarette for her. They were even menthol cigarettes, Belleair if I remember correctly. I never liked menthol though.

OP, time to man up and face the facts:  you are insulin resistant and cannot eat carbs without dire results.

You will have to be content with steaks, prime rib, pork chops, ribs, eggs, cheese, whole milk, half-half or cream in your coffee.
No more cereals, no more grains, no more potatoes, rice, no more cookies, cakes and pies.

If you can hunt it down, pick it off a bush or laying on the ground, yet can eat it.
If you have to cultivate it... nope.

If you go on a carb bender, you will find it takes about 4~5 DAYS of keto to strip all those carbs from your system.

Your glucose meter will hate you for a week until you finally drain out.
You will become an intimate partner with the needle, and it still isn't enough.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

Guess it’s good I’m too cheap to buy cigarettes.  I recall when in Iraq most of my men smoked newports and during a moment of stress they gave me one a few times while there and I did get a good buzz from the menthol.   I could see why folks get addicted but I dropped it once there was a ceasefire.  

Good on you.  Yep the cost to smoke a pack a day is $9.  A pack a day is $270 a month which is a motorcycle payment (a quicker way to die) :0

• Haha 1

Or buy a bag of tobacco and a couple cartons of tubes. The rolling machine for $40. Less than a $1.00 a pack and no chemical additives.;) :P Not counting the machine!

Edited by Eyesa Horg
Otto

How long can you hold your breath?  In addition to being one heartbeat away from death, you are also one inhalation away from death.  Putting anything into your lungs other than clean air is never a good idea.

• Like 3

I’m pretty sure if there were ANY medical benefits we’d have heard about it in an advertising campaign long ago! I still remember when they told us cigarettes were not addictive and even that was a stretch at the time.

As I light up another American Spirit…

• Like 1