SASS Wire Forum

New Turkish Winchester 92 /38 Imported by G-Force Arms

J.D. Daily

G-Force Arms announced at Shot Show, a Turkish Winchester 92 in 357/38.  Finish offerings, blue, stainless & CCH receiver.  20" barrel length, magazines holds 10, lever is wrapped.

Front sight isn't SASS legal.  Receiver is aluminum except for CCH model. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, J.D. Daily said:

G-Force Arms announced at Shot Show, a Turkish Winchester 92 in 357/38.  Finish offerings, blue, stainless & CCH receiver.  20" barrel length, magazines holds 10, lever is wrapped.

Front sight isn't SASS legal.  Receiver is aluminum except for CCH model. 

This?? Looks like the front sight is okay.

https://www.huckleberryarms.com/GForce-browning-model-1892-lever-action-rifle-hug-p/gforce_gflvr357.htm

https://gforcearms.com/firearms/rifles/gflvr357-rifle/

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The front sight is a fiber optic, so unless the rules have changed, the front sight on the CCH and blued receivers are not legal.  The front sight on the brass colored rifle appears legal.

I have no need for one, but if the build quality is as good as the other Turkish guns I've seen and the price is decent, it should make a pretty good entry level gun for SASS or for fans of the 1892 Winchester.

Edited by Chantry
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The front sight on the brass frame is more to my liking, but while I don't personally care for the style on the other two, I don't believe it's not legal.  I've seen it on the range from time to time and no one has ever objected.

Hmm..   The brass frame one could maybe be the basis for a Hollywierd Henry...

I didn’t notice the fiber optic sight. That is illegal I’m pretty sure. The rifle looks good otherwise.

• Like 1

Assuming the aluminum receiver will hold up and it will feed 38 specials, it looks like a good entry level CAS rifle.   I would get the "brass" one and cerekote the metal a gloss black color.

ScreenHunter 54.png

Edited by Brimstone Bill Willson
I made it better

I emailed them asking about the mounting of the front sight and how easy it would be to swap out.

I kinds like the look of the larger lever.

Howdy All,

I'm too lazy to go down and open my safe to look at my 92, but the relation of the inside front of the lever and the trigger seem different to my eyes. Maybe it's the curve of the trigger area of the lever, I don't know. It's like there is less room for the trigger finger. 

What do y'all think,

Rev. Chase

1 hour ago, Reverend P. Babcock Chase said:

Howdy All,

I'm too lazy to go down and open my safe to look at my 92, but the relation of the inside front of the lever and the trigger seem different to my eyes. Maybe it's the curve of the trigger area of the lever, I don't know. It's like there is less room for the trigger finger. 

What do y'all think,

Looks about the same.

https://rossiusa.com/rifles/lever-action-rifles

Looks like the front sight is on a ramp / base, not dovetailed into the barrel. Is that legal?

Sam Sackett 

It's not the large loop itself that's the problem, it's the shape of it.  Essentially a triangle, it looks kinda goofy.  To be honest, between it, and the front sight, I don't think those two are really aimed at the SASS crowd.   The brass frame with a more traditional front sight and regular loop is prolly more attractive to many in the SASS crowd.

And if you wanna have a big loop, it should look like this...

MaresLegRioBravoLoop.thumb.jpg.17c6a98c880f9c0622a15f04986c45b5.jpg

Or maybe this...

BigLoop92.thumb.JPG.f94999a7be6a130ec6623d7fb402a9ce.JPG

But I've got weird opinions.

Rossi 92's have now got upwards of 800.00 nowadays. 

I see this as a entry level gun to start the game for people who can't or don't want to make a huge investment in a sport that they don't know if there are going to stay with .

Rooster 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

No .44-40's? Bahhh!  Humbug! :blink:

I do find it odd that it's .357 Magnum only.   But thinking about it, there are a few reasons why this may be the case...

1.  It's just the introductory caliber.   Other calibers may come later.  I would bet on .44 Magnum, and maybe .45 Colt.

or

2.  .357 is believed to be what will be the best seller.  If it will reliably also feed .38 Special, then it's all the more viable from a marketing POV.

or

3.  The gun is aimed at the more general market, and not CAS specific.  This would be why .44-40 won't make an appearance in the short term.  If it winds up being a great seller, that may change.  

In the end, I suspect all three reasons were factors, especially, number 3.   If they were really going for the CAS crowd, they'd all have front sights like the brass one.  But the more modern front sight on the carbines suggests to me a more general audience appeal than folks like us.  Plus, the specific large loop used seems to me to support this idea as well.

Edited by H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619

• 1 month later...

A shooter showed up at the range with one yesterday. I handled it a bit. It is very light and the action is very smooth. The shooter stated that it shot extremely well. He shot it on at least a couple of stages. The only negative that he noted and I observed was that the loading gate was extremely stiff and made loading it a bear. The tenth round was very hard to load. 

I would say for a woman or youngster it would be worth considering. 

3 hours ago, Cullen_Bohannon said:

Who can we get to confirm these are good for CAS? Im looking at one right now, seems swapping the FO sight pin for brass would make this legitamite.

The above shooter used a brass colored paint marker on the front sight and is looking for a brass pin now. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2024 at 11:34 AM, DeaconKC said:

I emailed them asking about the mounting of the front sight and how easy it would be to swap out.

I kinds like the look of the larger lever.

Any luck.  I see the front sight ramp is attached to the barrel with only one screw and the fiber optic sight is not dovetailed in the ramp.  Did you ever hear anything back.  Does anyone make a sight ramp to swap out?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reichenbach1976 said:

Any luck.  I see the front sight ramp is attached to the barrel with only one screw and the fiber optic sight is not dovetailed in the ramp.  Did you ever hear anything back.  Does anyone make a sight ramp to swap out?

Nope, not a peep from them.