SASS Wire Forum

Reacher season 2 finale

3 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Amazon has watch party for it, suggesting that you sign up to join the party.

perhaps more viewers will encourage a season three?

I liked season 1 better. It was still ok. Minor stuff like an Army Major not being clean shaven while in uniform. 

• Like 2

The season 2 finale is already available, I just finished watching it.  Season 3 has already been ordered.

• Thanks 1

He was a 'special' just like SOG gets a pass when in the field, I can see certain 'undercover' work requiring less than garrison trim.

And I knew a couple guys that had to shave morning and lunch and still had 5'oclock shadow.

• Like 1

Season one was superb.

Season two, to me, looks like every other cop show on TV with the same gunfights, preposterous car chases and plot lines. Even the look of the film is the same with that dark, blue and black coloring. I quit watching after the 5th episode. 

There, I said it. Flame away!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

After I watched the first couple of movies, I really got turned off. Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher.....what a joke! 

Tom Cruise hasn’t anything to do with this series. Alan Ritchson (right) plays Reacher. He looks the part. 

image.jpeg.d2bfeeacbaae0b818f60123770b0dec2.jpeg

• Like 4

First season was good - but second season was just another shoot'em up, with several unbelievable scenes to stretch your credulity.

I hope they return to the style of the first season, otherwise it's not worth sitting through.

YMMV,

SC

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

After I watched the first couple of movies, I really got turned off. Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher.....what a joke! 

5'7" 150# Cruise was a far cry from Reacher's 6'5" 250# book description.  Ritchson is much closer at 6'2" 235# and he plays the character that way.Reacher_1643981378514_1643981392529.jpeg

• Like 2

Never judge a book by its movie.
IMO, the Reacher series with Alan Ritchson hits the mark.
It stays pretty true to the books, and is plain ol' good fun.

As with all fiction... it is fiction.

Those looking for reality should read the Will and Ariel Durant books.

• Like 1

i for one found the first season of the [non tom cruse] reacher to be very enjoyable and so far have enjoyed the second season , wife and i have not finished it yet but will be up to date by the end of the week , i really like all the characters in both seasons so far , ill watch it twice 

7 hours ago, watab kid said:

i for one found the first season of the [non tom cruse] reacher to be very enjoyable and so far have enjoyed the second season , wife and i have not finished it yet but will be up to date by the end of the week , i really like all the characters in both seasons so far , ill watch it twice 

Want me to tell you how it ends. LOL

You will enjoy watching the remaining episodes and what is done to the bad guys including the senator.

TM

Edited by Texas Maverick

18 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

All the camera angles are shot to make him look bigger too.

On the flip side, I understand James Arness had to stand in a hole, or the other actor on a box because he was so tall.

6 hours ago, Texas Maverick said:

Want me to tell you how it ends. LOL

You will enjoy watching the remaining episodes and what is done to the bad guys including the senator.

TM

thanks for not spoiling it , im sure i will like the rest , im hoping they dont wait too long to make the next season 

17 hours ago, watab kid said:

thanks for not spoiling it , im sure i will like the rest , im hoping they dont wait too long to make the next season 

I would never do that, I will tease someone but not ruin it for them. Pop up some popcorn and enjoy the show.

TM

16 hours ago, watab kid said:

will do , thank you , 

Need to read the article for possible clues on the next season. If it is Tripwire it should be a good series. https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/reacher-season-3-cast-release-date-source-material-and-everything-to-know/ar-BB1gZI9m?ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=0adb40b0c5c44dccc064664444bcfbc5&ei=8

9 hours ago, Texas Maverick said:

thanks for that link , we finished the season 2 last evening and were just speculating on if we might get season 3 next year , the delay between 1 & 2 was too long , everyone i know here agrees with the wife and i that this is a great series , all of us are waiting anxiously , 

BTW you were right that ending was great , cleaned things up nicely , 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, watab kid said:

thanks for that link , we finished the season 2 last evening and were just speculating on if we might get season 3 next year , the delay between 1 & 2 was too long , everyone i know here agrees with the wife and i that this is a great series , all of us are waiting anxiously , 

BTW you were right that ending was great , cleaned things up nicely , 

the Reacher way. LOL

TM

• Like 1

Sometimes I think it best to wait until the entire series is in the can before starting to watch.

Anybody notice how the "old time serial" method has come back into play?

2 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Sometimes I think it best to wait until the entire series is in the can before starting to watch.

I have tried that but others keep talking about the episodes and screw it up for me.

TM

30 minutes ago, bgavin said:

A LOT of shows are doing this. For this series, and other limited series, (10 episodes per season or less), it's okay, and for this story I certainly get it. But too many shows are doing it making a single story line last half the season. For most shows, I like the story to last just one episode. 

I remember back when shows made a big deal out of a three episode story.