SASS Wire Forum

12 Gauge Magtechs at Midway

Hello to everyone who shoots 12 gauge all brass Magtechs.  Midway has 'em.  Just $39.99 for a box of $25 plus tax and shipping.

Does anyone else think that's over priced?

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1657554245?pid=554245&utm_medium=display&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=evergreen-dpa&utm_content=AllCategories_PageView_Overlay_NewCBO&fbclid=IwAR3r5n_asuveJe__AjRKK0EjiCCd8N6qG_cQBSa-uGa5hT3hYviNPVb2p4U

33 minutes ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Hello to everyone who shoots 12 gauge all brass Magtechs.  Midway has 'em.  Just $39.99 for a box of $25 plus tax and shipping.

Does anyone else think that's over priced?

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1657554245?pid=554245&utm_medium=display&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=evergreen-dpa&utm_content=AllCategories_PageView_Overlay_NewCBO&fbclid=IwAR3r5n_asuveJe__AjRKK0EjiCCd8N6qG_cQBSa-uGa5hT3hYviNPVb2p4U

Okay, I'll bite.

Who's fault is it that they are overpriced? The retailer, wholesaler, manufacturers or their suppliers?

Or some nafarious cabal!

:ph34r:

Phantom

Our society seems to have evolved to the point where people don't care that much about the price -- They just want what they want, and will pay inflated prices to get it.  Or, as self-checkouts have shown, accept lack of service.
As Bailey Creek points out, this is especially true in the shooting sports.

Edited by Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329
  • Like 2

This is the problem with growing old.  Even though it's meaningless, one remembers what things used to cost so the tendency is to compare the current prices with those.  The response is actually pretty simple - if one thinks that something is overpriced, don't buy it.  If no one buys it, the price will eventually fall.

• Like 4

PLUS ONE for the Phantom (both)

NO.  I don't think Magtech 12Ga Brass Hulls are overpriced.  MagTech pricing is right in line with EVERYTHING at this point in time.  If you're not looking to buy, whya whining??

Edited by Colorado Coffinmaker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Howdy economists,

Let's face it, if inflation runs at rate that is greater than the rate one increases one's earning/spending power, everything is more expensive on an absolute basis. This is predictably more noticeable to folks on fixed incomes (older folks who also remember what things used to cost). On the other hand a lot of those guns in the safe are worth a good deal more that we all paid for them. 

In summation, if you're on a fixed income and don't want to part with any of your guns - financially - you're screwed.  So load up a bunch of ammo and go to a shoot to take the mess in which we find ourselves off your mind. Enjoy.

Rev. Chase

ps. my credit is so bad folks won't even take my cash.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Slapshot said:

Yeah most everything is over priced in todays market. 

This would imply that you know costs needed to produce.

How do you know this?? I'm impressed!

Phantom

21 hours ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

They just want what they want, and will pay inflated prices to get it. 

And then they'll puke and bawl about how bad inflation is...

:rolleyes:

I paid approx. $25 for 12ga Magtech in 2016.  In 1999 I paid $300 for 1000 223 55 grain & today the best price is $500.  This is 60% increase in 8 years & 66% in 4 years.  Seems the $40 is reasonable price base on inflation.

Howdy Inflation Fighters,

At the moment, everyone (except the gummint) is in the same boat. Inflation is hitting us at retail because it is hitting the manufacturer in increased cost of material and labor. Material costs rise due demand but also cost of shipping (gas). Basically every step in the manufacturing, labor, supply, delivery and retail is being hamstrung by a series of inflationary economic decisions which also inflate taxes and "Fees" that seem to be attached at every level of the supply chain in one way or another.

I don't think this is the place to get on a soap box about how to change the situation, but I expect that many of us here have an idea.

Rev. Chase 

• Thanks 5

23 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

This would imply that you know costs needed to produce.

How do you know this?? I'm impressed!

Phantom

We have a difference of opinion deal with it.

Edited by Slapshot
  • Haha 1

On 1/5/2024 at 10:57 AM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Okay, I'll bite.

Who's fault is it that they are overpriced? The retailer, wholesaler, manufacturers or their suppliers?

Or some nafarious cabal!

:ph34r:

Phantom

Never mind it was political, I don't want to get banned!

Edited by Rye Miles #13621

In September 2023 I bought a six-pack of Stihl mixing oil for my blower, the size for 2 1/2 gallons, for $13.90 with tax.  The same six-pack at the same Ace Hardware in December was over $24.33  with tax......should have bought a case in September I guess......That's quite a jump in such a short time.....

16 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Sounded like a statement of fact:lol:

Phantom

source-948038678.gif

Edited by Slapshot

4 hours ago, Slapshot said:

source-948038678.gif

Perhaps you should have said everything's overpriced for you...

I know, clarity can be a tricky thing...but cute little gif you posted:lol:

Phantom

Why would I say that?

Glad you like the gif. Figured that was about what everyone reading your posts was doing.

Edited by Slapshot