SASS Wire Forum

Your favorite Christmas movie?

6 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

At one time. Probably not today.

It is the time of the movie whereof we speak. Preserved forever in film; and we are able to appreciate it.

Loretta Young died full of years at 87 over 20 years ago. So, as you say, 'probably not today'. One way of looking at it,  I suppose.

most every moment in time of the movies had their perfect specimens of human grandeur yet they were all human and like all of us had their peak and their fall , ive never been all that impressed with hollywood but ive enjoyed their pretend in a lot of movies - that they are good at , as far as beauty goes - yup , there have been a lot over the years , i can call out half a dozen really fast yet there will be others and there would be a few id miss , 

barbara stanwyck was one and farrah fawcett another - different eras but equally appealing , there were so many back then that i cant even begin to mention , marilyn , jane [mansfield] , bridget , adrian , you get the idea , 

there are those we never forget but will never again think fondly of as well - hanoi jane will never cross my screens again and my children and my grandchildren shall know why , in a loud voice , 

FWIW , yes , there are movies that depict things differently than we think of them today - but as educated , thinking , people we can sort those things out in our minds , we are not the mind dead / dumb witted / easily led astray that the left thinks we are 

8 hours ago, watab kid said:

most every moment in time of the movies had their perfect specimens of human grandeur yet they were all human and like all of us had their peak and their fall , ive never been all that impressed with hollywood but ive enjoyed their pretend in a lot of movies - that they are good at , as far as beauty goes - yup , there have been a lot over the years , i can call out half a dozen really fast yet there will be others and there would be a few id miss , 

barbara stanwyck was one and farrah fawcett another - different eras but equally appealing , there were so many back then that i cant even begin to mention , marilyn , jane [mansfield] , bridget , adrian , you get the idea , 

there are those we never forget but will never again think fondly of as well - hanoi jane will never cross my screens again and my children and my grandchildren shall know why , in a loud voice , 

FWIW , yes , there are movies that depict things differently than we think of them today - but as educated , thinking , people we can sort those things out in our minds , we are not the mind dead / dumb witted / easily led astray that the left thinks we are 

Also from The Big Valley, Linda Evans. She was damn pretty when I was a youngster!

The original “Lethal Weapon” was a Christmas movie!!

If Die Hard is a Christmas movie, then there is no way that Lethal Weapon is not!!

How come no one has mentioned the "Star Wars Christmas Special"?

13 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Also from The Big Valley, Linda Evans. She was damn pretty when I was a youngster!

i dont disagree with you there - i was thinking of stanwyck in her younger years in a lot older movies , 

6 hours ago, watab kid said:

- i was thinking of stanwyck in her younger years in a lot older movies , 

Yeah baby. Sugarpuss O'Shay

BarbaraStanwyckBallofFire1.jpg.1661742c3ce3f5fda43b568903d3cd1a.jpg

Dixie Dynamite

BarbaraStanwyckLadyofBurlesque3.jpg.10ea577d3b7532b8543dc8a86555babc.jpg

Lady Eve Fenwick

BarbaraStanwyckTheLadyEve.jpg.a0931a53df7efca897408f3431415bec.jpg

Or just being herself

BarbaraStanwyckyumyum.jpg.417e25cae34e68915e512a5b118455da.jpg

so - no ones mentioned the hallmark movies , the ones they lay all year round and every nght back to back this time of year , any favorites ? i actually have enjoyed a few , this year the "biltmore" one was fun and different , 

8 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

AndIN the write-up about Invasion USA, there's this sentence.

"It’s a scenario that forces Norris’s Hunter to ditch the Christmas jumpers and egg nog and head out into battle"

I remember the movie, and I know what eggnog is.

But what the heck is "Christmas jumpers"?

Mine varies from year to year depending on mood, availability, and alcohol consumption. :D

i liked watching the die hards and first bloods - never thought they would become a tradition but always thought they were a christmas time movie , just like the wizard of oz has always been that other time of the year ......some things become tradition , i always fall back to the 40s and 50s movies this time of year seem way less political to me 

Archived