SASS Wire Forum

Aussie Gun Store Walkthrough

Buckshot Bear

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I thought you folks had to turn in your guns? Semi autos maybe? I’m confused.:blink:

Normal Aussies don't have any guns.

All the guns in Australia are in that store.

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

I've spent some $$$ here over many years -

Obviously, the handguns are locked up and are not readily accessible. Are the rifle racks made so that the rifles are not readily accessible also? 

Looks like there is plenty of ammo or is that only in calibers that are not popular?

Regardless, that is one nice collection of firearms! Thanks for sharing.

The name of that gun store should be MAJOR WOOD. :D

You sure that store ain't in Texas, USA, by God?

:D

I am too a little confused with the semis there as I did not think those were available in Australia? Maybe you have more gun rights there than California after all? :o

Nice video!

BB, that is a mighty fine looking gun store.
As noted above, I thought you guys Down Under were mostly stripped of firearms...

I needed 44 mag ammo when we were hiking in Nevada last month, so I stopped by Scheels in Reno.
First time there... I wanted to set up camp and live there for awhile.

2023.10.17-GSR-4445.sfw.jpg

17 minutes ago, bgavin said:

As noted above, I thought you guys Down Under were mostly stripped of firearms...

Everyone in the US thinks that, whilst we certainly don't have it as good as what our US pards do......its still pretty good!

Biggest bitch factor is semi auto rifles & shotguns (even .22s) you need a special reason to own one, not impossible but a PITA.

There's hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of gun stores (not all as good as this one) dotted right over Australia. Every major city has lots and even small country towns have gun shops and then there's heaps of private licensed firearms dealers. I know a lot of people and honestly I'd have to think hard to think of someone who doesn't own a firearm (thinking on that.....that may have been a bit of a stretch...but you get the idea).

Do need to keep pistols, rifles and shotguns in a safe when not using them. 

Just now, Buckshot Bear said:

Everyone in the US thinks that, whilst we certainly don't have it as good as what our US pards do......its still pretty good!

Biggest bitch factor is semi auto rifles & shotguns (even .22s) you need a special reason to own one, not impossible but a PITA.

There's hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of gun stores (not all as good as this one) dotted right over Australia. Every major city has lots and even small country towns have gun shops and then there's heaps of private licensed firearms dealers. I know a lot of people and honestly I'd have to think hard to think of someone who doesn't own a firearm (thinking on that.....that may have been a bit of a stretch...but you get the idea).

As one who is 99.99% uninformed of Aussie gun laws, can a citizen keep a semi auto "assault type" rifle at home and if so, is it registered and subject to any governmental inspection?

Sure wish we had a store like that here. I could spend a lot of time there

3 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

As one who is 99.99% uninformed of Aussie gun laws, can a citizen keep a semi auto "assault type" rifle at home and if so, is it registered and subject to any governmental inspection?

No, ordinary citizens are unable to have an assault type rifle. You can if your a farmer or a licenced culler.

Here's a SLR L1A1  -

https://usedguns.com.au/gun/588377/

This is probably one of the largest online used Aussie gun sites (there's a lot) if you spend some time having at look at the listed stuff it will give you a good idea of what we can own -

https://usedguns.com.au/whats-new/

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Some of youse guys are confusing Australia with California.

Unfortunately we are somewhat Californiaish ......... keep fighting for what you guys have......that's for damn sure. 

7 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Some of youse guys are confusing Australia with California.

I’d venture to say Australia is worse than California! Close though.

14 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Depends on the state.  It really isn't enforceable unless you do something else that involves the police charging you with a crime that would allow them legal access to your home. 

3 hours ago, Chantry said:

Depends on the state.  It really isn't enforceable unless you do something else that involves the police charging you with a crime that would allow them legal access to your home. 

That happened on the east coast a couple years ago.  A man urinated in his yard, the neighbor called police, they came and found his guns were not locked in a safe (that state's law).

Archived