SASS Wire Forum

Military Meme's

PowderRiverCowboy

7 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

Well, I doubt that anyone posting in here thinks that all officers are represented by these memes. I know I don’t. 
One thing I learned very quickly in the military. If people do not like you they don’t tease you, rib you or bust your chops. 
This is all in good fun. Nothing serious is meant by it. 

Well I did have this one Butterbar (actually a good one ) when I went back Army years later . He was born in Olongapo :) the year after i was there . We were BS'ing in the office when I asked when he was born and what town . So I stated well you could be ,

2LT " Could be what ?"
Me; My kid I was in Olongapo before then 
2LT:  Shut the heck up 
The whole room laughing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

The Air Force does have the last air-to-air kill to its credit.

image.png.9befb94e32ed352b061b470d0fb35c08.png

That meme that I posted might have been made before the Chinese Balloon shoot down. 

• Haha 2

On 2/18/2024 at 6:12 AM, Pat Riot said:

image.jpeg.f0f595e036aaae994b7bdfe42e1b6117.jpeg

Ditto.

Hey, I’m a 1%ter. Does that make me special?

I know, I know, we here at SASS are all “SPECIAL”! :D

CJ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

Ditto.

Hey, I’m a 1%ter. Does that make me special?

I know, I know, we here at SASS are all “SPECIAL”! :D

CJ 

My wife says I am special. Then she follows up with a look that says “Bless yer heart”. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 2/18/2024 at 5:12 AM, Pat Riot said:

I logged 11 days aboard the troopships USS General Mann and 8 days aboard the USS General Mitchell before I was 8 years old - as one of two-dozen or so dependents.  The other passengers were Marines.

That’s how we transited the Pacific in the late ‘50s & early ’60s. :)

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I logged 11 days aboard the troopships USS General Mann and 8 days aboard the USS General Mitchell before I was 8 years old - as one of two-dozen or so dependents.  The other passengers were Marines.

That’s how we transited the Pacific in the late ‘50s & early ’60s. :)

Every time I got on one the Uber driver dropped me off on in war zone do not recommend :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 2/18/2024 at 5:12 AM, Pat Riot said:

I'm the odd man out.  Did 20 years in Naval Aviation and when I retired my Sea Duty Counter was 0000. Didn't plan it that way, just how it worked out.

My first sea tour was with an EW aggressor squadron, VAQ-34 out of NAS Point Muga Ca and NAS Lemoore Ca. (We did a home port change when we transitioned from the ERA-3B and EA-7L to the FA-18) We deployed a lot training the fleet in anti-ship missile defense techniques.

My second sea tour was with VQ-1 (EP-3E) out of NAS Whidbey Island Wa. Deployed to Japan/Okinawa and Bahrain.

My last tour in the Navy was with a Fleet Introduction Team out of the old NAC Indianapolis at first with a home port change to NAWS China Lake. For a shore tour I spent more time on the road than I was at home.

BTW I have a lot of respect for those that were "Haze Gray and Under Way".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I'm the odd man out.  Did 20 years in Naval Aviation and when I retired my Sea Duty Counter was 0000. Didn't plan it that way, just how it worked out.

My first sea tour was with an EW aggressor squadron, VAQ-34 out of NAS Point Muga Ca and NAS Lemoore Ca. (We did a home port change when we transitioned from the ERA-3B and EA-7L to the FA-18) We deployed a lot training the fleet in anti-ship missile defense techniques.

My second sea tour was with VQ-1 (EP-3E) out of NAS Whidbey Island Wa. Deployed to Japan/Okinawa and Bahrain.

My last tour in the Navy was with a Fleet Introduction Team out of the old NAC Indianapolis at first with a home port change to NAWS China Lake. For a shore tour I spent more time on the road than I was at home.

BTW I have a lot of respect for those that were "Haze Gray and Under Way".

Dad was VQ-1 pilot 1958-1960 and is why we sailed to Iwakuni. Small world. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Personally, I always thought a posie - making reference to the flower - was spelled with an i e.

Just now, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Just remembered the United States Air Force has one of a few air air kills when it shut down itself :) 

for the fact checkers 21 Sept 1956

IMG_3714.jpeg

Tell otto that is shot, not shut.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Just remembered the United States has one of a few air to air kills when it shot down itself :) 

for the couch dweller  fact checkers 21 Sept 1956

IMG_3714.jpeg

So does he get to paint a victory on his next plane or not?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Just remembered the United States has one of a few air to air kills when it shot down itself :) 

for the couch dweller  fact checkers 21 Sept 1956

IMG_3714.jpeg

Here’s the account :

https://www.planeandpilotmag.com/news/pilot-talk/grumman-f11-tiger-shoot-itself-down/

I remember reading years ago that this phenomenon happened a time or two during combat maneuvering in WWII. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3