SASS Wire Forum

Burning Man - Dinosaur Shrimp

The Burning Man Festival had to endure torrential rain that made the place a quagmire. Almost didn’t have eponymous event but finally had the burn.

BUT wait, there is more!!!  After laying dormant in the desert sands, dinosaur shrimp began to hatch. About the size of a pinky finger, truly primitive in appearance, a species older than Fortyrod, and uglier.

There has been lots of talk about the wet alkali mud causing burns to people's feet. That's nothing compared to what it will do to their cars, trucks, and trailers.

Unless you have experienced, it you can't imagine how hard it is to remove that corrosive mud from a vehicle. Once dried the high pressure hose at a car wash will not remove it. And it will be good and dry by the time they reach civilization.

I helped make more than one soaker system that you put under a car or truck to dissolve the dried mud. Sometimes it would take 2 or 3 nights parked over the sprinkler before all the mud would fall off.

Oh come on now Marshal Mo.  You must not have seen Forty Rod lately.  I see him every Thursday morning at our cowboy breakfast.  The "shrimp" are NOT older and uglier than he is.

11 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

The Burning Man Festival had to endure torrential rain that made the place a quagmire. Almost didn’t have eponymous event but finally had the burn.

BUT wait, there is more!!!  After laying dormant in the desert sands, dinosaur shrimp began to hatch. About the size of a pinky finger, truly primitive in appearance, a species older than Fortyrod, and uglier.

No one is older than Forty Rod.....and I resent the uglier.  I am amazingly gorgeous: ask your wife.  ;)

12 hours ago, Alpo said:

You're all dressed up for the dance?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odori_ebi

And folks make fun of Cajuns for eating anything they can lay hand on!:huh:

The Japanese have them beat by a country mile!  They don't bother killing it, much less cooking.

At least Cajuns throw it in the pot with the trinity and some spices.

2 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

And folks make fun of Cajuns for eating anything they can lay hand on!:huh:

The Japanese have them beat by a country mile!  They don't bother killing it, much less cooking.

At least Cajuns throw it in the pot with the trinity and some spices.

Now you know why Godzilla was pissed off.

Archived