SASS Wire Forum

Paul Rubens, aha Pee Wee Herman, Dead at 70

Subdeacon Joe

I seem to remember him getting arrested for playing with himself in a theatre. Pretty much ended his career. I was never a fan of his but I hope he can now RIP.

RIP .

I liked him & PeeWee's Playhouse.  Saw him on Letterman, where he did his Big Shoe dance before being interviewed.  Letterman:  You're one weird sonofabitch, aren't you, PeeWee?  PeeWee: yes, sir, Mr. Letterman.

BabyGirl took me to a local theater to see one of the movies - don't remember the name, but it involved a bicycle the likes of which I had not seen since I was a small child.  She was always big on taking our own snacks to the theater, even back then, so we had our brown paper bag.  Coming out after the film, I asked her for the bag.   She asked why.  I told her: I'm going to put it over my head so nobody recognizes me coming out of here.

But I liked him.

1 hour ago, MizPete said:

I liked him & PeeWee's Playhouse.  Saw him on Letterman, where he did his Big Shoe dance before being interviewed.  Letterman:  You're one weird sonofabitch, aren't you, PeeWee?  PeeWee: yes, sir, Mr. Letterman.

BabyGirl took me to a local theater to see one of the movies - don't remember the name, but it involved a bicycle the likes of which I had not seen since I was a small child.  She was always big on taking our own snacks to the theater, even back then, so we had our brown paper bag.  Coming out after the film, I asked her for the bag.   She asked why.  I told her: I'm going to put it over my head so nobody recognizes me coming out of here.

But I liked him.

Pee Wee’s Big Adventure. 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0089791/

On 7/31/2023 at 6:08 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I seem to remember him getting arrested for playing with himself in a theatre. Pretty much ended his career. I was never a fan of his but I hope he can now RIP.

Actually, an ADULT theatre!!

Hard to imagine such going’s on in one of those!

nothing ill to say of the dead , the reference above was true and ended a kids show that was well liked i think , he still did some good things along the way in entertainment .......after all it was an incident that only involved him 

Archived