SASS Wire Forum

Pocket carry?

I occasionally carry like this if I’m wearing a long shirt or jacket that covers this.

BDE0B83C-DC3C-4200-AB28-6B2CF281A29A.jpeg

Rye, who makes that clip?

I still use that Sticky holster for pocket carry in certain pants and in jacket pockets. 
I considered one of those clips but I would definitely need to lose the rubber grips as they catch light tee shirts and expose the gun. 

EDIT: I just realized that’s a pocket holster with a clip. Even better. :)

IMO, that's the ONLY way to pocket carry.

I've gotten to the point of where I don't even try to warn people how stupid it is to have a gun buried in their pocket, some of them even without a holster.

Another opinion.  Most of the time I carry a 1911 with a clipdraw at 4 o'clock, but find that as long as only the pistol is in the pocket, a J frame stays perfectly positioned in jeans without a holster. I carry a speedloader in the other empty pocket.  Maybe different build, I am still slim.

Any gun should be holstered so the hammer and trigger are protected.

Pocket carry especially. 

3 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I've gotten to the point of where I don't even try to warn people how stupid it is to have a gun buried in their pocket, some of them even without a holster.

Definitely depends on the pockets. I wear Wrangler Authentics cargo pants. The front pockets are roomy and easy to access a hammerless J frame in a pocket holster. 
I wouldn’t even bother with most other pants or jeans. 
Of course, when I pocket carry the gun and holster are the only things in the pocket. 

Galco makes a horsehide pocket holster for the J frames, no bulk and it keeps the gun pointed right.

Don't restrict yourself to the front pockets.  Back pocket carry can be a viable choice

5 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Galco makes a horsehide pocket holster for the J frames, no bulk and it keeps the gun pointed right.

What if you want it pointed down or left? :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Rye, who makes that clip?

I still use that Sticky holster for pocket carry in certain pants and in jacket pockets. 
I considered one of those clips but I would definitely need to lose the rubber grips as they catch light tee shirts and expose the gun. 

EDIT: I just realized that’s a pocket holster with a clip. Even better. :)

It’s a nylon IWB holster. Uncle Mikes. I’ve got a suede holster that’s basically the same. 

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

It’s a nylon IWB holster. Uncle Mikes. I’ve got a suede holster that’s basically the same. 

It’s funny, I never considered an IWB holster for pocket carry. Great idea! Thank you. :)

11 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

Another opinion.  Most of the time I carry a 1911 with a clipdraw at 4 o'clock, but find that as long as only the pistol is in the pocket, a J frame stays perfectly positioned in jeans without a holster. I carry a speedloader in the other empty pocket.  Maybe different build, I am still slim.

Right on this is how I carry m j frame.  

11 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

I am still slim.

I hate you.......... :rolleyes:

32 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

I hate you.......... :rolleyes:

Yeah, an inch more on the waistband and about the same weight as when I wrestled and competed in Martial Arts in the mid '60's.  Downside, I've lost a lot of muscle and pay for my sports injuries every day.  Once you get used to it, no problem I'm rarely hungry. Restaurant portions are usually too much.  Heaviest I ever was, bulked up was 205, these days in the low 170's.  I managed to keep my promise to myself to be a skinny old guy.  You can do it if you want to. You can eat or drink anything you want, just not as much.

22 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It’s funny, I never considered an IWB holster for pocket carry. Great idea! Thank you. :)

I use a Don Hume JIT slide (designed as an OWB holster) for pocket carry for the Tomcat. 

The bottom profile is almost identical to the purpose built pocket holster Larson posted, so it stays sitting upright in my front pocket. 

I pocket carry in my sport coat.  I can have my revolver in hand and just look like I'm keeping my hands warm.

And I'm always the best dressed geezer in sight.

On 5/1/2023 at 9:59 AM, Cypress Sun said:

I knew our friendship would run off the rails sooner or later.:lol:

I have carried for years, decades even, gun in pocket, no holster.

Only twice I thought I might need it I casually put my hand in my pocket and wrapped my fingers around the grip.

If I ever get into a gangbanger situation where quickdraw is the word of the day, well, I will be diving for cover first anyhow throwing my body over Louise.

I do like Larson's holster though and it would fit my EDC perfectly.

Ok, we can still be friends.:lol:

7 minutes ago, Waimea said:

I knew our friendship would run off the rails sooner or later.:lol:

I have carried for years, decades even, gun in pocket, no holster.

Only twice I thought I might need it I casually put my hand in my pocket and wrapped my fingers around the grip.

If I ever get into a gangbanger situation where quickdraw is the word of the day, well, I will be diving for cover first anyhow throwing my body over Louise.

I do like Larson's holster though and it would fit my EDC perfectly.

Ok, we can still be friends.:lol:

Number one, our friendship is stronger than any rails can carry.

Always wondered why you chose to shoot Outlaw, now I know. You carry your gun in your pocket with no holster, got to get practice so you don't shoot your nuts off...or worse.

Throw yourself over Louise? You can't run that fast, she'll leave you in the dust. 

Okay, still friends...I guess...pocket boy.:lol:

1 minute ago, Cypress Sun said:

Number one, our friendship is stronger than any rails can carry.

Always wondered why you chose to shoot Outlaw, now I know. You carry your gun in your pocket with no holster, got to get practice so you don't shoot your nuts off...or worse.

Throw yourself over Louise? You can't run that fast, she'll leave you in the dust. 

Okay, still friends...I guess...pocket boy.:lol:

Yeah, we're friends for the long haul.

Louise is pretty good at sensing danger except when she married me. I wrote that off as temporary insanity decades ago.

I don't touch the bang stick while the gun is still in the pocket. 

On 5/1/2023 at 5:29 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I found one of those Uncle Mike’s IWB holsters today at Sportsman’s Warehouse today. It won’t work for me. The clip doesn’t grab the pocket of my cargo pants. Material not thick enough, but the holster fit my pocket well. I need to do some shopping around. 
Thanks again for the idea…and no, I didn’t have my gun out testing that holster. :D

I've been liking my "Sticky Holster". Use it mostly for my LCP, but it works ok for my Micro 9 as well. Usually carry the 9 on my belt at about 4 o clock in a DeSantis 

Archived