SASS Wire Forum

Expansion primers?

Currahee

I posted a while back  that it would be years before we saw primers for the GP if at all . I hope I am wrong.

Best Wishes

TJB 

Fiocchi has bought land in Little Rock, Arkansas to build a primer making plant.  I think we will see primers from Fiocchi long before any come from Expansion.  Fiocchi is a major International ammunition maker.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2022/nov/15/ammunition-maker-fiocchi-usa-to-build-primer-factory-in-little-rock/

They still have a website and Facebook page. Neither is very well maintained. As of Christmas they said that primers are still coming.

https://www.facebook.com/expammo

https://www.expansion-ammunition.com/

Again, does anyone live near there?  Expansion hired a bunch of people last year.  Are they on the job?  Is the factory operational?  Big stories in the local paper last year; and now: nothing.

Is there any pard near there who could just have a look?

If they are like other manufacturers, any visitor isn't going to get any farther than a call box on a door or a security guard that will ask you to leave the property. These days it is a rare thing to find an unlocked lobby door and someone that will field answers from the general public. If they are not answering the questions posted on their Facebook page, I don't see them welcoming a visitor to the plant. Since they are an ammunition plant, my guess is a visitor will be stopped at the security shack and asked to leave.

Go on YouTube and do a search, I saw a video on YouTube but don't remember the poster. He had samples from Expansion, said that they are making them but just for the Commercial reloaders. He also stated that the original owners sold it already and is now under different ownership.

1 hour ago, Lowdown Larry said:

Go on YouTube and do a search, I saw a video on YouTube but don't remember the poster. He had samples from Expansion, said that they are making them but just for the Commercial reloaders. He also stated that the original owners sold it already and is now under different ownership.

This one?

I watched a video on Youtube this morning from a guy who was testing the expansion primers.  The ones he had were from a shipment sent to commercial reloaders and were supposedly in the first 100k off the line.  I didn't watch the whole video because it was pretty long but out of the first 20 rounds he had 4-5 fail to fires.  One or two went off when hit a second time.  Not very impressive results. 

On 4/20/2023 at 5:07 PM, Currahee said:

Just a look at the parking lot should tell a lot.

I was impressed by the pile of sticks behind him and the scrap lumber in the woods in the background.

Blackfoot

1 hour ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Unknown when goggle took this satellite picture, parking lot is almost empty.

3E68A0F8-A421-43A5-9936-DD57A595A18B.jpeg

That is the Carrollton TX Offices for Expansion Industries. The primer plant address is 777 Freedom Way, Hooks TX 

Google it and all you see is an abandoned building.

4 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

That is the Carrollton TX Offices for Expansion Industries. The primer plant address is 777 Freedom Way, Hooks TX 

Google it and all you see is an abandoned building.

777 Freedom Way, Hooks, TX looks like a residential home..

125194C5-1C8F-40FF-9036-60378FB50B5D.jpeg

125194C5-1C8F-40FF-9036-60378FB50B5D.jpeg

Brings me to a warehouse. Old run down building.

4 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

google takes me here. This is the old Army Ammunition Depot. 

IMG_1422.thumb.png.1d7a4dd4d956de4a4297515447dbbaca.png

IMG_1423.thumb.png.fec6308129555361d0bc2d16f4241d1a.png

Were’s the employee’s vehicles?

8 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Were’s the employee’s vehicles?

According to Google Earth, the last time it was updated for that area was January 2022.

13 hours ago, Assassin said:

The aerial picture may have been taken after hours or on a weekend or holiday. 

Hopefully 

52 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Hopefully 

We use aerial pictures when performing building inspections, mostly plot plans to insure structures are built in close proximity of the  description on applications. Currently, most of our pictures are from 2020, they're updated every 3-4 years. Parking close to a primer manufacturing facility makes little sense, I'd park as far out as possible.

I don’t think ya’ll realize just how tough it is to start manufacturing something that’s as inherently as dangerous as what primer manufacturing is. The red tape alone requires millions. There’s a reason that primer production is so prolific in other parts of the world where human risk along with environmental impacts is not even spoken of. 

Archived