SASS Wire Forum

It's Almost Friday Humor Thread

Subdeacon Joe

On this day September 12 in 1817, 81-year-old John Adams had a great excuse for not writing someone back sooner. He opened his letter with, “The procrastination of old age and the dissipation of the month of August must be my apologies for neglecting your important letter of July, to this day.”

In other words, sorry for the delay—it’s hot and I'm old.

• Haha 4

When I first saw the movie Fargo, I realized that one of the mechanics sounded just like that. So when I got to work the next day I asked her where she was from. North Dakota. A couple of weeks later I'm in Publix and the cashier sounds like that. So I asked her - are you from North Dakota? She said she was and asked how I knew and I said one of the mechanics out of the airport where I work has that accent and she says - Kim? That's my sister.

Small world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Are you serious!!!!
Went to lunch today and after leaving the drive-thru today I took my sandwich out of the bag and I see THIS!!

May be an image of burrito, sub sandwich and text

I went back to the restaurant, went INSIDE (already fuming), asked to speak to the manager and put the sandwich on the counter.
I asked him for an explanation. He looked confused, so I pointed at the writing on the sandwich and demanded that he tells me why someone felt the need to write it on my sandwich.
He answered, "because you ordered a BLT with cheese??” To which I replied “Oh”

• Haha 7

A farmer went to a local bar and ordered a glass of champagne.
The woman sitting next to him said, 'How about that? I just ordered champagne, too!'
'What a coincidence' the farmer said. 'This is a special day for me. I am celebrating.'...
This is a special day for me too, I am also celebrating,' said the woman.'
'What a coincidence!' said the farmer. As they clinked glasses he added: 'What are you celebrating?'
'My husband and I have been trying to have a child and today my gynaecologist told me that I am pregnant!'
'What a coincidence!' said the man. 'I'm a chicken farmer and all last year my hens were infertile, but today they are all laying eggs again.'
'That's great!' said the woman, 'How did your chickens become fertile?'
'I used a different c[rooster].' he replied.
The woman smiled, clinked his glass and said 'what a coincidence'!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

On 9/12/2023 at 4:23 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

Very impressive. She didn't even have to flush somewhere in the middle.

• Haha 3