NO THANK-YOU!

Most of us Canucks can deal with cold.

Heat?!?!

That kinda heat?

Not so much

348f76d65cdd0082a6dfc86fa8e44c2d.jpg

You all think it is hot where you are?

Yes. Yes I do. :D

It's been hateful here with terrible humidity. Very little cooling at night. Temps tomorrow and down the road a ways supposed to be 10? vice the 11? we've been having. Surely hope the humidity goes down; it saps my soul. I can handle heat but humidity hurts. Traditionally days with temps of 10? this time of year are extremely humid and uncomfortable.

PF

1 hour ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

It's been hateful here with terrible humidity. Very little cooling at night. Temps tomorrow and down the road a ways supposed to be 10? vice the 11? we've been having. Surely hope the humidity goes down; it saps my soul. I can handle heat but humidity hurts. Traditionally days with temps of 10? this time of year are extremely humid and uncomfortable.

PF

The humidity is the killer. 

We had a heat index at 5 am Wednesday (temp over 80 plus humidity= 'feels like' temp).  Not only have you needed a pocket knife to cut a piece of air to chew on if you went outside this week, but it better have a good edge on it, too.

It's 94% humidity according to NOAA at the moment- but it's raining at the local airport where they take the readings.  My home weather station is only showing 69% humidity at the moment.

3 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

She is lovely, .... but she also seems to be one of those people that has to get 10 minutes of talking into 37 seconds of time ......... :wub::wacko:

:blush:

All of the (supposed) meteorologists do the same thing in the Tampa Bay area. My gal calls one of them "The Auctioneer".

Oh yeah, it's hot and humid here also but we've been getting regular rain showers in the early evening. Cools the nights down a little but makes the morning brutal when all of that moisture bakes off into air.

12 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Oh yeah, it's hot and humid here also but we've been getting regular rain showers in the early evening. Cools the nights down a little but makes the morning brutal when all of that moisture bakes off into air.

And you WANT it to bake off in the morning.

We kept the cloud cover all day Wednesday, so the humidity never lowered during the day.  It only got to 91 or 92 but it was brutal.

It's 82 here today but the humidity is 70% or more!! Muggy!!:angry:

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

It's 82 here today but the humidity is 70% or more!! Muggy!!:angry:

Same here- right now.  Low 80's, air's dead calm and a humidity around 70%. 

The high is forecast to be 93. 

With a 70% humidity, that's a heat index of about 116.

Waiting for a sea breeze to come up. 

Tomorrow, we are heading up the coast to Fort Bragg (CA).. high of 61 degrees.

The NorCal coast is always somewhat chilly.
We look forward to a week of getting cold.

Rain and 76° right now. 

Archived