SASS Wire Forum

Cinnamon coffee...

Singin' Sue 71615

I want nothing to change the taste of my coffee although I do put just a little cremora in it but it's almost black. I love my coffee to taste like coffee. No offense to you "sweetie coffee drinkers" :P

19 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I want nothing to change the taste of my coffee although I do put just a little cremora in it but it's almost black. I love my coffee to taste like coffee. No offense to you "sweetie coffee drinkers" :P

I SEE YOUR...

Snip-it_1644240221721.jpg.c9b12410e429db620c472643797981d3.jpg

AND RAISE YOU....

Snip-it_1644240480820.jpg.76d12a0580f0a4171a8ca5a11e83264f.jpg

One of my husbandly duties is providing coffee service for the Morning Crippled™ who feel that mornings actually start around Noon.

1 scoop Hazelenut caffeinated
5 scoops Costco Decaf
1 cap full of real Vanilla
1 toss of Costco cinnamon
2 shots of 50-50 Moca Mix + CoffeeMate Hazelnut

Diluting the CoffeeMate retains the flavor, but removes the vastly over-sweet part.
This is brewed in a Melitta large size pour-over with #6 filters.

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The cinnamon really does not sweeten it. It does take some bitters out.

I have not used sugar for 2 or 3 years...

The cinnamon is suppose to boost your body to fight inflamation...and lately, I am flaming!!!

5 minutes ago, bgavin said:

One of my husbandly duties is providing coffee service for the Morning Crippled™ who feel that mornings actually start around Noon.

1 scoop Hazelenut caffeinated
5 scoops Costco Decaf
1 cap full of real Vanilla
1 toss of Costco cinnamon
2 shots of 50-50 Moca Mix + CoffeeMate Hazelnut

Diluting the CoffeeMate retains the flavor, but removes the vastly over-sweet part.
This is brewed in a Melitta large size pour-over with #6 filters.

My good golly!!!

Sounds like my sister in law!!!

She uses vanilla cream, chocolate syrup and STILL adds sugar!!!

If she ever slows down, she will be as big as a house!!!

I've found that a glug of Jim Beam Vanilla perks up a morning coffee just dandy. Makes for a great mid day nap too. Fireball would make a good coffee in this case.

15 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

The cinnamon is suppose to boost your body to fight inflamation...and lately, I am flaming!!!

I guess it doesn’t sweeten it but I want the coffee taste and nothing else, Just MHO 

Just now, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I guess it doesn’t sweeten it but I want the coffee taste and nothing else, Just MHO 

Me too. BUT, if I can stop my body from  the early stages of RA with some natural foods I rather do that than pop a pill...and needles and I don't get along!

I use cinnamon on my oatmeal. But I draw the line at coffee.

I wish I had a cinnamon role right now. 

21 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Me too. BUT, if I can stop my body from  the early stages of RA with some natural foods I rather do that than pop a pill...and needles and I don't get along!

What Bob says below!!

9 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I use cinnamon on my oatmeal. But I draw the line at coffee.

I wish I had a cinnamon role right now. 

Agree 100%

44 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Does it have corn syrup???

Ingredients

Purified water, natural flavors, acesulfame potassium, sodium benzoate ( to preserve freshness), citric acid, potassium sorbate (to preserve freshness), xanthan gum, sucralose, caramel color.

I don't put cinnamon in my coffee, but some years ago I got in the habit of sprinkling it on rice.

I was making chicken and rice one night, and was trying to find something to spruce it up a little. So I sprinkled some cinnamon on the rice.

It did not add any flavor that I noticed, but the smell was amazing.

And while we're talking about experimenting, I discovered I was out of salt one day while I was making spaghetti. Boiling spaghetti in unsalted water gives you a tasteless product. So I used garlic salt. That turned out so well that I continued to use garlic salt, until that was all gone. Instead of buying another container of garlic salt, I just use a half a teaspoon of salt with a half a teaspoon of garlic powder. Very nice flavor to the pasta.

Then I thought - you know, if it helps with the spaghetti, I wonder how it would go with potatoes?

I now put garlic in my pasta water and in my potato water and in my rice water. Haven't tried it in my grits water or my oatmeal water yet. Hmmm. I don't know if they would improve from a touch of garlic.

6 minutes ago, Alpo said:

And while we're talking about experimenting, I discovered I was out of salt one day while I was making spaghetti. Boiling spaghetti in unsalted water gives you a tasteless product. So I used garlic salt

Try bouillon cubes.

Having coffee now and being serenaded by Scrub Jays, Towhees, Magpies, and Red Winged Blackbirds. They’re happy I finally fixed the feeder that They broke. Only cinnamon is on my graham crackers.:lol:

9BB6A10D-8418-4B97-B57E-C5237F98DE97.jpeg

On 2/7/2022 at 9:45 AM, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Went camping with some friends two summers ago. They both swore by the cinnamon in the coffee. She had been putting it into his coffee for quite a while and it had reduced his use of anti inflamatories by over 60%. He is a architect/remodeling person and would come home stiff and sore every night. After starting the cinnamon thing his soreness was almost gone as was the swelling in his hands. While he said he didn't notice any change in the taste, (neither did we), after we began using it, my wife says my (extra strong!) coffee is not nearly as bitter and she no longer dilutes it.:)

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

By the way, don't know about the "flaming" but you have always been "hot" :wub:

3 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Went camping with some friends two summers ago. They both swore by the cinnamon in the coffee. She had been putting it into his coffee for quite a while and it had reduced his use of anti inflamatories by over 60%. He is a architect/remodeling person and would come home stiff and sore every night. After starting the cinnamon thing his soreness was almost gone as was the swelling in his hands. While he said he didn't notice any change in the taste, (neither did we), after we began using it, my wife says my (extra strong!) coffee is not nearly as bitter and she no longer dilutes it.:)

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

By the way, don't know about the "flaming" but you have always been "hot" :wub:

Oh you!!!!:wub:

You are blinded by my personallity!!!:rolleyes::D

Can't wait to visit with you!

Coffee should never be bitter. Unfortunately most mass produced coffees tend to be. Also the style of brewing can increase the bitterness. French Press vs percolator vs drip maker, etc. And weak coffee can be bitter too.

Fresh ground beans are best. The longer ground coffee sits, the more it oxidizes and spoils. The type of roast will also make a big difference.

Some people like flavored coffee. I prefer unflavored. Yeah, even at Christmas time. I do send flavored stuff to several relatives.
Like a lot of folks, I used to drink whatever was available. Then at a restaurant one day, we were served high quality coffee in a French press. Booiiingg! My eyes were opened. 
I bought a press, grinder and some premium coffee beans the next day.

Coffee prices have risen ridiculously over the past two years. 

But I consider great coffee a necessity, not a luxury. 

Cost be damned sez I. :D

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Having coffee now and being serenaded by Scrub Jays, Towhees, Magpies, and Red Winged Blackbirds. They’re happy I finally fixed the feeder that They broke. Only cinnamon is on my graham crackers.:lol:

9BB6A10D-8418-4B97-B57E-C5237F98DE97.jpeg

Hahahahaha!!!

I do put a bit of black cherry in my coffee at the cabin...in the form of Red Stag!!!

(Sure the birds broke the feeder?) I've seen some of your visitors.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Coffee should never be bitter. Unfortunately most mass produced coffees tend to be. Also the style of brewing can increase the bitterness. French Press vs percolator vs drip maker, etc. And weak coffee can be bitter too.

Fresh ground beans are best. The longer ground coffee sits, the more it oxidizes and spoils. The type of roast will also make a big difference.

Some people like flavored coffee. I prefer unflavored. Yeah, even at Christmas time. I do send flavored stuff to several relatives.
Like a lot of folks, I used to drink whatever was available. Then at a restaurant one day, we were served high quality coffee in a French press. Booiiingg! My eyes were opened. 
I bought a press, grinder and some premium coffee beans the next day.

Coffee prices have risen ridiculously over the past two years. 

But I consider great coffee a necessity, not a luxury. 

Cost be damned sez I. :D

I am partial to the good old Stainless Steel percalator on the stove top.

On 2/7/2022 at 11:02 AM, Michigan Slim said:

I've found that a glug of Jim Beam Vanilla perks up a morning coffee just dandy. Makes for a great mid day nap too. Fireball would make a good coffee in this case.

AS DOES ANY OF THE IRISH WHISKYS

2 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Hahahahaha!!!

I do put a bit of black cherry in my coffee at the cabin...in the form of Red Stag!!!

(Sure the birds broke the feeder?) I've seen some of your visitors.

It has two plexiglass sides. When the seed gets low the Jays whack at the plexi in a most egregious manner. When I was abed with the fluid and didn’t replenish their repast, they apparently took their ire out on the poor defenseless  feeder and split one of the panels. Flying vandals. And after all .I’ve done for them! :angry:

18 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

It has two plexiglass sides. When the seed gets low the Jays whack at the plexi in a most egregious manner. When I was abed with the fluid and didn’t replenish their repast, they apparently took their ire out on the poor defenseless  feeder and split one of the panels. Flying vandals. And after all .I’ve done for them! :angry:

Those Starling Jays are something else...and the Maggies!!!

There was a little chimpunk that was reaking havoc last fall for me.

That's why they make pellet guns!

Archived